What is your final voting decision? *New Poll*

he said he would talk to all other parties, starting with conservatives, but he appears to be favouring the conservatives without proper discussion with other parties, therefore in my eyes, going against what he said, thats why I am upset, he is looking at joining a party he has little to nothing in common with, labour & Lib dems are the closest in party policies

if there is a re election I will vote Labour ..... NOT to keep conservatives out, but because Clegg (who was my number 1) appears to be stabbing us in the back, so therefore I would vote for my number 2 .... Labour

i dont see how you can think a re-election would mean labour get the majority vote? Obv more people want Tory in than labour and even if everyone that voted lib dem now votes for labour it still wouldnt mean that labour would get in with a majority? Not all people that voted lib dem will vote for labour either!

I just think GB gets seriously bad press and that he gets blamed for the recession when its GLOBAL, and not his fault. Also, because he's not good-looking or charming it seems to go against him! People who actually know him say that he's a very warm person and more importantly very principled and a grafter. I admire that in the man. Fact is, he's been the PM in probably the toughest time in recent years - cut the man some slack!

Anyone who thinks that the other two dudes will do any better is seriously deluded - the facts speak for themselves, we're all knee-deep in this and the only question is who will do less damage. I for one think thats Labour, with or without Brown.

too right brown has had it tough, within days of becoming PC there was the 7/7 bombings, then we have had the recession and then right before this election he got bitched about for closing air space to protect the public, poor fella is in a no win situation!

If their is a re election, I know ALOT more people will make use of their right to vote! Nearly all of my partners work force wishes they actually bothered to vote and would do in a re election.

I agree with the above. Its not been easy for him.

i think more people will vote labour in the next election, because a lib con parliament is gonna be a joke, cameron was shaking his head at everything clegg wa saying and actually laughed at his weapon policies its gonna be a logger head parliament and descions taking a long time, so nothing is going to get better. by the time election comes again no-one will want conservatives. it happened before it'll happen again

When it comes down to numbers more people voted AGAINST Tories than they did FOR though? :shrug: even if it was split between numerous other parties.

If there was a reelection i dont think id vote for the same party i voted for in this one!

but thats not to say that the people that voted for other parties want labour in over tories?

i didn't get my vote along with thousands of others that were turned away from polling stations, if just those people get their chance to vote that could make a difference

I didnt mean it as in "wooo lets go labour" i meant it as in the majority of the country infact DONT want a Tory goverment, so the arguement that 1st and 3rd/2nd and 3rd should be in talks doesnt hold much weight in the grand perspective of things.

see with a re election (this is gonna be hard to explain but i'll try lol)

say lib dem voters now vote labour .... labour will then not only win back some lib dem seats BUT they could also take back some conservative seats ......

say conservatives have 100 votes, labour have 80 votes and lib dems have 40 votes in 1 area .... thats a conservative seat, well say 3/4 of lib dem people vote labour, labour then have 110 votes therefore taking a conservative seat

it's not only about labour taking lib dem seats, it's the bigger picture

hope i explained that to make sense lol

When it comes down to numbers more people voted AGAINST Tories than they did FOR though? :shrug: even if it was split between numerous other parties.

With respect, that point of view is totally, totally FLAWED.

If you care to check, even in the 1997 Labour Landslide election more people voted AGAINST Labour since they got only 42.3% of the vote.

In fact, more people voted Tory this election (10.5 mil) then voted Labour in 2005 (9.5 mil), it's only because of the way constituencies are drawn up, and there inherent bias towards Labour, that the Tories havent got the majority they deserve right now.

Well if the tories get in we are in for a rough ride IMO

Bye bye sure start, bye tax credits etc

I think the people of theis country should be able to decide who the lib dems form a coalition with
xx

As flawed as it may be on the whole, its equally as flawed as the way goverment sits as we speak.

if there was a re election everyone would vote labour now.

i dodnt know how they can put clegg who only had 50 chairs up up there now, its quite obv more people wanted labour policies than lib dems, its going to be too big heads fighting for the final say.

soon as theres a re election labour will be back with the majority anyway

Even if every Lib dem Constituency went Labour (which wouldn't happen) they still wouldn't have a a Majority!

It would still be a hung parliament.

I think labour will also have to work with the other parties as well as lib dems
xx

Well if the tories get in we are in for a rough ride IMO

Bye bye sure start, bye tax credits etc

I think the people of theis country should be able to decide who the lib dems form a coalition with
xx

Again they are not stopping tax credits... they are just stopping them for the high earners... ie the people who dont need them! They are not getting rid of sure start.

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->