What is your final voting decision? *New Poll*

:rofl: :rofl: it was a tactical move, you'd been heavily involved in this thread so it was only fair you get a nice comfy office chair on there!!

I think I have been pretty good too, nearly lost my knickers a few times but was a good girl and kept my mouth shut :D

raising inheritence tax to a threshhold of 1 million, crazy if you ask me!

If someone has had the intellect and business sense to save £1mil in the face of 50% income tax, corporation tax, 17.5% VAT, council tax, stamp duty, fuel tax, business tax, etc ad infinitum then they should be congratulated since they have already contributed hugely to the UK.

Also bear in mind they probably pay for private medical treatments, private schooling etc so also save the UK money. Passing on that £1mil means that his/her offspring will also cost the UK very little, and as that money gets spent and earned it will get taxed again anyway.

If that person instead of being successful just sat on his bum all his life and died with no savings leaving his/her offspring claiming off the state, is that better or worse for the UK?

all i am saying is 1 million is way too high, thats over 200% increase! and what does it teach the people of the future ..... not alot, money gets passed down from generation to generation, these people risk not learning anything about true life because it is handed to them on a plate, they don't have to work for anything in life.

a rise to £500,000 is MORE than enough in my opinion but thats just how i feel :shrug:

all i am saying is 1 million is way too high, thats over 200% increase! and what does it teach the people of the future ..... not alot, money gets passed down from generation to generation, these people risk not learning anything about true life because it is handed to them on a plate, they don't have to work for anything in life.

a rise to £500,000 is MORE than enough in my opinion but thats just how i feel :shrug:

I 100% agree. 1million is way to much.

hmmmmm did you know when the queen mother died and left everything to her daughter ...... the queen ....... she didn't have to pay inheritance tax

apparently there is some 'special clause' that exempts her

God I love this countries rules :)

oh oh oh and guess who put this clause in place ..... Mr John Major ...... conserative wasn't he

it just baffles me still people "wanting" the tories :wacko: lol

AND that scotland clearly dont want them as they didnt get any votes/new seats, only the one they had before....:grr:

Same thing happened before with mags thatcher and she screwed scotland over with adding poll tax before england etc ... gah! :dohh:

Maybe a case for complete Scottish independence?

Since Scotland is so heavily Left Wing and England mostly Conservative. (Strip away the seats in Wales and Scotland and the Tories have a massive majority)

Scotland would love it, England wouldnt so just wont happen....mainly as we have main power over all the oil(is the norht sea and all) ...hence money...so yes england wont stand for that....we dont want wars. lol

When Scottish independence was looked at in 2007, they realised that even if Scotland kept ALL North Sea Oil revenues it would still have a deficit of £10 billion.

I.e they said that England would be £10 billion a year better off if Scotland broke off and kept all the oil money.

And what would happen once the oil runs out?

wow seems i have missed A LOT tonight!!
trying to catch up the now.

is it the queen who decides if theres a re-election?

I think so, unless between themselves they decide they want one, but i think its still the queens final call, someone correct me if im wrong.

it just baffles me still people "wanting" the tories :wacko: lol

AND that scotland clearly dont want them as they didnt get any votes/new seats, only the one they had before....:grr:

Same thing happened before with mags thatcher and she screwed scotland over with adding poll tax before england etc ... gah! :dohh:

Maybe a case for complete Scottish independence?

Since Scotland is so heavily Left Wing and England mostly Conservative. (Strip away the seats in Wales and Scotland and the Tories have a massive majority)

Scotland would love it, England wouldnt so just wont happen....mainly as we have main power over all the oil(is the norht sea and all) ...hence money...so yes england wont stand for that....we dont want wars. lol

When Scottish independence was looked at in 2007, they realised that even if Scotland kept ALL North Sea Oil revenues it would still have a deficit of £10 billion.

I.e they said that England would be £10 billion a year better off if Scotland broke off and kept all the oil money.

And what would happen once the oil runs out?

thats mainly as they have all the produce etc...but there is a clause written that scotland would get there share still...so im not sure how that would affect things. :shrug:

yeh it must be.
it just seems like a total mess.
why should they get to pick when it was our decision as voters?

can i change my vote above to re-election?
lol

bet the parties wont agree on that. clegg will know it could lose him a lot of seats and hes not got that many to start with

Wow! I've missed loads tonight!

My tuppence worth:

I think Nick Clegg is in a very very difficult position. The lib dems could be in big trouble on the basis of this.

If Clegg chooses to form a coalition with the Tories there will be a huge number of unhappy grass roots lib dem members. The grass roots Lib Dems are generally to the left of Clegg and the grass roots Tories are to the right of Cameron - getting agreement will not be easy! There is no way the barmy Tory backbenchers will vote in favour of electoral reform, anything linked to Europe or immigration etc and their votes will be needed. I'd be surprised (and horrified) if Lib Dem MPs would vote for some of the more contraversial Tory policies either.

I think Clegg would prefer a coalition with Labour (especially as Brown has already said yes to a referendum) but this isn't enough. It would require other party agreement as well which would be costly (SNP would want money for Scotland in return for agreements, Plaid Cymru for Wales etc.etc). This wont be popular either as the lib/lab coalition will be constantly held to ransom.

I think the only way forward is for Clegg NOT to make any formal coalitions but to take agreement on a policy by policy basis. I think he'd survive a lib/lab coalition but a lib/Tory one would be a disaster.

Imagine the Labour posters next election (which would be soon as there is no way the coalition would last) - Cameron and Clegg shaking hands.Enough said. A large number of Lib Dem voters would think twice about voting yellow again!

On the subject of who calls the election, the Prime Minister goes to the Queen to state that he feels an election is required. This can be because he feels the need (or the term has run out as in this current election) or on the basis of a vote of no confidence. I think the Queen may technically be able to call an election but she wouldn't do so unless the PM had requested it. She is also technically allowed to put anyone as PM if I recall but unless it's the elected one she obviously wouldn't do so!

It's a very interesting time. I suspect that either the Tories will form a minority government which will last a short time (there are some policies which are both Tory and lib dem so these could go through), or there will be a lib/tory coalition which will last until the first contraversial decision is made! Either way, I foresee a re-election in the near future which will lead to some very tactical voting I would guess! All we know is that something has to happen by May 25th or the Queen's speech will be very short indeed :rofl:

lol true.

how does a minority gov work?

to be honest i think whatever way it goes now theres gonna be a total uproar one way or another...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->