What is your final voting decision? *New Poll*

hoping and praying that labour and lib dems come to agreement. fingers crossed.

Lol i read it through again and i cant think of another order of words to make sense :rofl: im fat and full up on pizza, leave me alone :lol:

Ive given up with politics now. Cant the queen just run the country instead? what does she get paid for??? :rofl:

Random thought, but do you knwo what i find really interesting?

The people that i thought would have a keen interest and be eager to discuss and debate politics havent really bothered, yet im suprised at the people who have and are discussing it!! In a good way of course :lol:

the dumb blondes :rofl:

so...gb has stepped down so does anyone know whos 'next in line' so to speak as head of labour?

No one really as of yet, but the bookies have already got odds on who's going to get in :rofl:

odds are on david miliband and i agree with that :)

Note that the Tories haven't actually offered PR though, just the Alternative Vote.

That's because Cameron doesn't want it.

Personally I think Clegg should go with Labour. And my reason for that is, Gordon Brown has stepped down. He did it because he knew it was the only way that his party could succeed. I find that very admirable. He doesn't want success for him or he would have stayed. However David Cameron is avoiding one simple policy that Clegg and the general public all want, just because he doesn't want it. He isn't willing to give up something for the sake of his party and for the country. Unlike Brown who has given up his entire PM position

please someone tell me they are watching Russell Howard on bbc3 at the moment?

totally agree bexy.

i think dc will say what clegg wants to hear so he gets to be pm but if he was then to pick him it would go down hill very quickly and he wouldnt stick to what hes said.

I'm actually beginning to thing a lib/con coalition in the short term might be great!

Before I get pelted with rotten tomatoes, I'll explain lol :

Tories and Libs join forces = most grass roots lib dem voters refuse to ever vote lib Dem again! The majority of lib dem voters would be labour second (not all of course, but more likely).

The country isn't going to be sorted overnight regardless of who gets in but if it's a Tory/lib coalition the Tories will get the blame when they don't have a magic wand. This is very likely to be unfair but it wont be long before the Sun newspaper turns on them as a result. In fighting will inevitably occur and the coalition will split.

A re-election would be called and the likelihood is that people will not want another hung parliament. Therefore most people would vote Tory or Labour (unless it is a lib / Tory marginal constituency of course).

I could see a Labour majority in a re-election.

Of course in this situation, if the tory/lib coalition actually worked then I'd no longer be thinking it was a good idea!!

WW1 i see your point but im still worried what gets agreed in the small amount of time they would be in power.
the whole blame thing i totally agree with though

WW1 i see your point but im still worried what gets agreed in the small amount of time they would be in power.
the whole blame thing i totally agree with though

Fair point! They're unlikely to be able to get through the more crackpot ideas though as they simply wont have the support (well I hope they wont anyway!)

my oh my oh my, what a evening, seriously watching the drama of 'who's going to 'win'' is better than the soaps on TV some times lol, I seem to have turned into a right politics nerd much to future hubby's amusement!

Him: what do you wanna watch?
Me: How about BBC NEWS 24 lol

Good Old GB threw a right spanner in the works for the conservatives didn't he hehe, GB resigning, therefore opening talks with Lib Dem has sent conservatives into a right panic, offering to change their stance on certain policies!

However are they not then going against everything their voters voted for? If I was a conservative voter I'd be pretty annoyed, however I did like the fact Hague didn't look half as smug in the later statement as he did in the first. I think that he thought they had it in the bag with the first statement, but with the 2nd, well it was a case of desperate times call for desperate measure

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->