What is your final voting decision? *New Poll*

Thats the tories all over though, desperate! I hope the talks between lab/lib dems work out :) is there anymore news this morning??

theyre meeting labour face to face today and in talks with cons over the phone. instead of the other way round,
dunno if thats a good thing :shrug:
nick clegg made a speech and said the decisions were in a critical and final stage so there should be a decision soon

does anyone else find it funny that Cameron is suddenly trying to rush Clegg into a decision now that Lib Dem's are talking to Labour ...... He wasn't in such a hurry yesterday before he found out about secret meetings between Labour & lib Dems lol

worried much cameron?? lol

I was just thinking.. this negotiating is a bit unfair. I mean, you vote for whatever party on their policies. If the party is chopping and changing policys that means that your vote could potentially go to a policy you really disagree with :wacko:

yup!

Thats why I would rather Lib Dem's go with Labour, because many of their policies to start with are very similar

Lib Dem's & Conservatives agreed (policy wise before the election) on very little!

Either way though I am disappointed in Clegg and how he has handled this all, willing to let his one main passions/policy take a back seat in order to get into the main government party! but then also having secret/under hand talks with Labour, why not be honest about the talks? :shrug:

I was just thinking.. this negotiating is a bit unfair. I mean, you vote for whatever party on their policies. If the party is chopping and changing policys that means that your vote could potentially go to a policy you really disagree with :wacko:

That's the real problem with a hung parliament. All the parties will be diluting / changing policies to suit. I suppose they figure it's better to get 75% of policies through by being in power than 0% by not. However, whether the electorate agree with the 75% that go through (not to mention the other ones decided by the coalition) will be shown at the inevitable re-election!

it's unfair for the voters

say each party has 10 policies, you agree with 5 of conservatives, 3 of labours and 2 of lib dems, you therefore vote conservative.

Now conservatives agree to change some of those policies (4 of which were the 5 you agreed with) just to get with lib dems ...... it means your vote was a waste because it no longer stands for what YOU believe in .... all wrong!

I agree Blah, the Lib Dem's policies have very little reflection on Tory policies. They are much more likened to Labour. So if they go with Labour, the policies won't change much. Go with Tories and there will be significant changes. And Tory supporters didn't vote for a complete change to Tory policies.

This whole thing is an absolute shambles tbh

I am waiting for the lib dems to agree to a coallition with either party and then everyone thinks it sorted for the queen to turn around and order a re-election lol

for god sakes.
theyre taking it too far.
i think clegg is pushing his luck to be honest

ditto, for someone that came 3rd he has alot of power, but he does seem to be taking it a little far!, it's kinda like he is playing them off against each other now

I dont see why it should be up to him he came third for christs sake!

I think there should be a election just for labour and conservative!

yeah i know. he got how many seats compared to lab and con?! how come the whole thing is now in his power?
even after this theres gonna be problems.
if he doesnt choose dc then i think there'll be issues. he doesnt seem like the kind of guy who would bite his tongue.
next election and who gets voted for will be interested after this chaos!

its like...the lib dems came third and theyre the only one whos guaranteed a place in the new government and has say over policies- even though they got way less votes than the others
this whole thing makes no sense

seriously, this has gone on so long, they should just give up and go for re-election in october

minority government would not work, no decisions would every get made and we would end up in a worse state than we already are!

The Markets aren't reacting well to the lack of decision, yesterday they did well based on the last minute EU agreement but now thats settled it is a red spread today and the longer this goes on the worse it's gonna get!

I tell you what, I am looking forward to when Thirsk & Malton do their vote on the 27th, I know it will make no difference what so ever but it will be interesting to see who gets in based on the fact they have been able to sit and watch all this unfold before voting!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->