What not to say to a pregnant lady

Oh, oh I have another one
"I can't picture you as a mother!"

Thank you for making me 38974893274 times more nervous about being a good mother than I already was,
age has nothing to do with good parenting,
I've seen people almost twice my age struggle with parenting.

Oh, oh I have another one
"I can't picture you as a mother!"

Thank you for making me 38974893274 times more nervous about being a good mother than I already was,
age has nothing to do with good parenting,
I've seen people almost twice my age struggle with parenting.

Yeah, that hacks me off..

I've had people (mostly my dad/step mum...sometimes my aunt) complaining about their kids and saying "You've got all this to look forward to!!!"

....Ohhhhkay? Yes, I am looking forward to being a parent...both the ups and downs! It's not a bad thing! :shrug: It's like they think I'm imagining parenting to be the easiest, funnest thing in the world, all the time!

x

I've had people (mostly my dad/step mum...sometimes my aunt) complaining about their kids and saying "You've got all this to look forward to!!!"

....Ohhhhkay? Yes, I am looking forward to being a parent...both the ups and downs! It's not a bad thing! :shrug: It's like they think I'm imagining parenting to be the easiest, funnest thing in the world, all the time!

x

Uuurgh yeah my sister CONSTANTLY does this, every time we're out and someone's kid is screaming or throwing a tantrum etc...ermm it's not like I didn't know kids do that! :roll:

i happened to comment to my sil the other day that i am not able to zip up my coat now.
And she comes out with ' my god, what have you been eating' :wacko:

Dont you just hate pregnant small talk with strangers though..

" Got any names? "

" When are you due? "

" Ah, your not going to have time for that when little one is here "

Same old shit over and over , just different day.

:haha: that really made me chuckle

I'm fed up of ppl saying 'do you know what you are having' (which I'm sure you all are)

But best of it is, I was in the hairdressers the other day, and there was one girl cutting my hair, and another hairdresser who was 20 wks preg.
So my hd said 'do you know blah blah' so I replied, no we didnt find out, and she said 'oh its best to keep it as a surprise, I'd do the same'.
In her next breath, she asked the hd next to her if she knew, and she is having her scan this wk and said she is defo finding out, to which she replied 'oh thats the best way, you can be more organised, I'd do the same'

And I'm sitting right there! WTF! If you are going to contradict yourself, then at least wait til I've gone!

Rant over lol

lmao! Typical hairdressers! They always chat shit!

Dont you just hate pregnant small talk with strangers though..

" Got any names? "

" When are you due? "

" Ah, your not going to have time for that when little one is here "

Same old shit over and over , just different day.

:haha: that really made me chuckle

I'm fed up of ppl saying 'do you know what you are having' (which I'm sure you all are)

But best of it is, I was in the hairdressers the other day, and there was one girl cutting my hair, and another hairdresser who was 20 wks preg.
So my hd said 'do you know blah blah' so I replied, no we didnt find out, and she said 'oh its best to keep it as a surprise, I'd do the same'.
In her next breath, she asked the hd next to her if she knew, and she is having her scan this wk and said she is defo finding out, to which she replied 'oh thats the best way, you can be more organised, I'd do the same'

And I'm sitting right there! WTF! If you are going to contradict yourself, then at least wait til I've gone!

Rant over lol

:rofl: silly woman...hate when people do that.

my best answer is oh im just fat anyway

then they leave me alone.

"Ahh were you excited, was it planned?"
" Your tiny, your not pregnant"

The best i had was "Ahh its a boy thats good, i couldn't see you with a girl!" Lovely xxx

Or 'are you going to find out what you are having' No, even when it's born I am going to cover up it's privates and never ever know.

RAAAARRRRR!!!

:rofl: I might have to use that line next time I'm asked :D

I heard one woman chatting to a bloke she must have known outside the midwifes, he asked her if she knew what she was having and with a totally straight face she replied "a baby" I am soooo going to be using that line :lol:

I heard one woman chatting to a bloke she must have known outside the midwifes, he asked her if she knew what she was having and with a totally straight face she replied "a baby" I am soooo going to be using that line :lol:

:thumbup:

that pisses me off iv been with darren for a year and some one asked who the dad is i looked at them and was like der who the hell do you think is the dad

that pisses me off iv been with darren for a year and some one asked who the dad is i looked at them and was like der who the hell do you think is the dad

Someone at work asked me "who's is it?" and said "er my husbands!!!!!" :growlmad::dohh:

I always reply to that with "well, I'm hoping it's a baby.. but since Bugg(DH) is the father it's really anyone's guess."

haha your posts are funny! I remember i had some really bad ones!
"you don't look pregnant, you just look fat"
"that's not the baby kicking, that's just gas"
"o wow, you don't have any stretch marks! o wait... there's one...and another there" (nurse in the hospital!)
i got it bad! haha but it's all in good fun looking back on it now.

With my first, my mom asked me if I was carrying the baby in my belly or in my ass!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->