What sort of names do you like?

I like unusual names and made up ones, especially ones beginning with vowels. I like when names are meticulously chosen in order to be meaningful. DD's name means Earth (and also happens to be an ancient Hebrew name that is hardly used and spelled slightly differently) and we spent a long time making up her middle name out of Old English roots. It means "ancient joy" and she's the only one in the world with that middle name!

If she were a boy, her name would have been Oberon and we would have created a similar middle name for him. :)

I particularly dislike common names. My name is dreadfully common (1-3 on the top names lists. Always.) and I hated it growing up. :(

I love traditional names, my lo is josephine but is josie for short. If we had a boy would have been freddie, if i ever had another girl we like elsie, anabelle, jocelyn, and imogon. I also prefer name not to be iver popular. Me and dh struggled deciding names as both teachers and we both associated names with certain children we taught. My lo was named after my grandma

Yay my name is josie. And I have a dd called annabelle or belle as we call her. I like traditional names.. We like Joseph or Joey for short or if its a girl (this one is not traditional) I love Elodie.

Josies are cool people :) i love the name elodie to.

Bahaha we totally are.. Everyone I tell hates it, they think it should be melody. And I'm just missing the m off which is true I guess.. I like it anyway so I don't really give a rats arse.

I love traditional names especially for boys, I also love some unusual names for girls tho as well as more regular ones. I really don't mind how popular the names are as long as we both like the name.

I so hate made up spellings too, I don't get why anyone would dothat to their child, they have to spend the rest of their life spelling their name for others!!

I like a mixture or traditional and unusual names. If Amelie had been a boy she'd have been Jack or Iwan, me and OH have never settled on a boys name. If I have another girl then I'm hoping to name her Hannah. I love that name. My OH doesn't dislike it, but he doesn't love it either.

Forgot to add I'm not a fan of made up spellings.

I hadn't realised when I was pregnant how many people would mistake Amelie for Emily though or Amelia.

I love traditional names but not ones that are overused. I'm not a fan of weird spellings or weird names i.e. North West. :wacko:

For my next if I have a boy he'll be Nicholas Zachary. If it's a girl, Aubrey Claire.
Right now though we just say Naubrey. :haha:

Irish ones!! (Who would have thought!!) :haha: I'm funny with names, I have to like the look of them written down as well as them sounding nice. I wouldn't ever choose a very common name (when I say common I mean in our area/country). I like it to be a bit different- though I image if I took aoife over to Ireland there would be plenty more of her!

I love how Aoife looks when written down! Always makes me concentrate so I pronounce it correctly in my head :)

Old-fashioned and traditional. :) After a lifetime of having people misspell my name or saying "oh, what an unusual spelling..." I won't be giving my kids names that a vast majority of people can't spell.

I like all sorts of names. I dunno some of mine have unusual (here) and some don't. I just like what I like, although with the girls the theme seems to be that it sounds like it ends in an ie (not done purposely). I have my little boy Morgan William and my girls Naomi-Mae, Honey, Kaysie Blossom and Riley Rae. The next one if a girl with have the same sound ending and many people wont like it, but tough.

I love how Aoife looks when written down! Always makes me concentrate so I pronounce it correctly in my head :)

Thanks! I've pretty much convinced myself it sounds how it looks now...(if I put an Irish accent on! Haha) though I'm guessing its not the case with the amount of times I get asked how pronounce it! Xx

I like unusual/uncommon names that aren't too out there. My girls are Tegan Elsa and Britton Aisley. :flower:

I like traditional, classic names that you don't hear as often. I wanted a name that people would recognize and could easily pronounce, which I thought applied to the name Eliza, but now EVERYONE mispronounces it and thinks I made it up! :dohh:

I live in an area where it seems like everyone makes up their own name, or some ridiculous spelling to a normal name, so I guess a classic name seems strange to these people.

Bahaha we totally are.. Everyone I tell hates it, they think it should be melody. And I'm just missing the m off which is true I guess.. I like it anyway so I don't really give a rats arse.

I know two little girls named Elodie, I think its super cute and I prefer to melody

traditional but unusual names :) I actually do not know ANY Liam's, at all. But my mom told me it's quite popular now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->