What sort of names do you like?

I like all the uncommon names, I'd never name my child Christopher or Abby/Abigail (even though they're lovely names) cos there's going to be loads of other Christopher's and Abby's that they'll meet.

OH likes Cornish names so I fear if we have a child it'll be something like Ellowen, Harrlyn, Ailla for a girl and either Jory, Kitto or Tremayne for a boy lol :/

At least they're not common :haha:

I like all the uncommon names, I'd never name my child Christopher or Abby/Abigail (even though they're lovely names) cos there's going to be loads of other Christopher's and Abby's that they'll meet.

OH likes Cornish names so I fear if we have a child it'll be something like Ellowen, Harrlyn, Ailla for a girl and either Jory, Kitto or Tremayne for a boy lol :/

I love, love, love your OH's choice of names! I know an Ellowen and it's a beautiful name.

I love names that sound like the person would be fun to hang out with. For that reason, I tend to like names that sound like nicknames or that have really cool nicknames associated with them.

I like unusual names. Do not like trendy/popular names, cutesy misspellings of established words and names, nicknames as names, or portmanteaus as names (think of the unfortunately-named baby Renesmee Cullen from the Twilight series).

I love, love, love your OH's choice of names! I know an Ellowen and it's a beautiful name. DD's middle name is Eldewyn, which we made up.

There are some names, like Ellowen and Ailla that I could probably warm up to. I think it's cos I had my heart set on Ivy after my great grandmother for a future daughter that stops me from loving them :haha: I love your LOs middle name! So pretty and I love that you made it up, that way no one else will have it!

I love, love, love your OH's choice of names! I know an Ellowen and it's a beautiful name.

There are some names, like Ellowen and Ailla that I could probably warm up to. I think it's cos I had my heart set on Ivy after my great grandmother for a future daughter that stops me from loving them :haha: I love your LOs middle name! So pretty and I love that you made it up, that way no one else will have it!

Those two are my favourite from his list as well. :flower: What about Ivy as a middle name? I think Ellowen Ivy sounds gorgeous.

I like traditional names that can have more modern sounding nicknames. That way they can choose when they're older!
We chose: Isabella - Izzy
Amelia - Mia
Oliver - Ollie

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back