What sort of names do you like?

I like unusual but not whacky unusual!

Our Daughter is called Indiana, and pregnant with a surprise so we've been discussing names. OH likes Jenna for a girl, and I like Padmé.

For boys, OH likes Julian (but I don't) and I love the name Hans - I am half Swiss so have lots of Swiss and German names in my family.
I would love Hans Werner if it's a boy but can't see how I could convince the OH :haha:

I like girly names that end in A for girls (Amelia, Alia, Ophelia, Georgia etc) and names containing L for boys (Elliott, Leon, Caleb, Callum etc)

Traditional, but not popular names - we have Anna and Angus x:flower:

I have a little Anna as well :)

I love traditional names that maybe are not so common. I don't know any other Anna's.

I also like easy to pronounce and easy to spell names. We have a very complicated last name, and when someone is asking my last name (say we're checking in to a hotel or something), i no longer say it, i just spell it for them. I feel like i'm making it easy on our kids if they have an easy to spell first name!

Classic, simple names are my thing. I don't like weird spellings either. For example, I know a Zoey who has her name spelt Zoiae...? My OH is Mathew with one t and it's always annoyed him.

My ds was going to be Sage. Ds had no name for 3 days after being born. He was peanut. :haha: We struggled with names and decided on Riley because he didn't look like a 'Sage'.

I guess I don't have a particular 'style of name' that I prefer. Xx

I don't really like long names at all. I dont like names that sound like two names together like my own name as its annoying.

Like short buy sweet names that are girly but not to girly (I find names that generally end in a too girly for me for first names).

It ends up both my girls are gemstone names (ruby and jade) I also liked Grace, Kate, Lauren, Demi, Bethan. Dd was going to be called clara at a stage but far too girly sounding. Does not suit her at all x

Pretentious names I think. My two are 'Tabitha Poppy' and 'Ottilie Florence'. With a daddy called 'Rupert' I just had to go down that route ;)

Pretentious names I think. My two are 'Tabitha Poppy' and 'Ottilie Florence'. With a daddy called 'Rupert' I just had to go down that route ;)

Adore both those names!! I liked Florence when I was pregnant.., could just imagine little florrie scampering round!!! X

How do you pronounce 'Aoife'? Love the way it looks written down!

I like traditional but older fashioned names, and biblical boys names. However I've worked in schools my whole life and a lot of names have been 'ruined' for me!

On our list before Micah was born (we were :yellow:) were:

Boys: Jonah, Charlie, Micah, Nathaniel, Joseph. (I also love Lucas but OH wasn't a fan)

We very nearly went with Charlie but OH had just read a book (while I was in labour!) where the protagonist was called Charlie and it changed his mind on it. Micah is 'Micah Charlie Joseph'.

For girls: Heather, Annie, Anabelle, Elsa/Elsie (we couldn't decide which), Clara, Rose/Rosemary or I like Flora but OH always follows it with 'pro-active' :haha:

I like Gaelic, Nordic or Celtic names, hence Logan and Eric! Eric is an odd choice as the majority of people just go "ooooooooo old fashioned", well yeah it was popular several decades ago but its origins are a lot older and cooler (Eric is my little Viking :haha:)

I like Gaelic, Nordic or Celtic names, hence Logan and Eric! Eric is an odd choice as the majority of people just go "ooooooooo old fashioned", well yeah it was popular several decades ago but its origins are a lot older and cooler (Eric is my little Viking :haha:)

I love Eric, it's on my list for a potential number 2

I love Eric, it's on my list for a potential number 2

awesome! Logan became popular soon after mine was born, maybe the same will happen to Eric :haha:

I like all sorts of names I think... biblical and "classical/traditional" mainly...

Anne
Alice
Hermione
Luke
Noah
Elijah
Alexander
theodore

etc

I like quirky old-fashioned names with literary connections. My favorite names are Celia and Eustace.

I like normal but unique names. I knew of one Asher before my son was born... now I know tons! I still like the name though.

Our next will be Cohen or Dain if we get :blue:!

We like natural earthy names as you can tell :haha:

I absolutely love your LOs names but my OH isnt quite so keen which is a shame. Willow was always going to be my little girls name but he is having none of it and nothing seems as good to me.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->