What sort of names do you like?

AnneD

Reaction score
Old-fashioned, traditional, ultra modern, timeless, made-up?
What kind of names did you consider for your child(ren)?

I tend to like traditional names, and old-fashioned ones myself.

I like names that are traditional and some that are uncommon or slightly unusual but not daft.

Ummm, I like quite boring names I suppose. I have a Caitlyn and an Oliver, and our next will be called Erin or Matthew lol

I like weird names and would never ever consider something "normal" I dont really like names where you look at it and arnt instantly sure how to pronounce it like ariaea or something (just made that up btw ha)

I like old fashioned and biblical names. My list was-
Jacob, Ethan, Elijah, Jonah, Jobe, and almost a bit randomly - Ivan!

I like traditional names that are a bit unusual. As a personal preference, only names that have some kind of meaningful etymological connection to me and my partner, eg English, Danish or Gaelic names, or names from our family trees. I wouldn't consider an Asian or Italian name, for example, because I don't have any Italian or Asian ancestry.

I like sweet old-fashioned names, especially ones with good nicknames (or that are nicknames themselves). So I guess my LO's name isn't too surprising ;)

Ummm, I like quite boring names I suppose. I have a Caitlyn and an Oliver, and our next will be called Erin or Matthew lol

We must like similar names, I have a Caitlyn and Ollie, Williams middle name is Matthew, and Erin was a contender for this baby :winkwink: Good tastes huh? lol

I tend to go for more traditional, I do like old names too. I dont like really modern or made up names. Our children are Caitlyn, Ollie, Eve, Amy, William and Alfie x

William is in our top 3 haha! How weird is that?

I like traditional and old fashioned names that are a bit unusual. My LO is called Ashley which isn't very out there but I don't know any other ashleys. If I have a little girl next she'll be called cordelia.

Traditional, but not popular names - we have Anna and Angus x:flower:

I like all sorts, I'm considering Eliza if I have a girl next or Tabitha which I never thought I would, but I also like names like Willow/Rayner, then ultra normal like Abigail. I love names that can have nicknames. Not keen on having a name from the top ten list.
My little one is a Finlay, picked it (and that spelling) because of Scottish roots on my husbands side, we have a very Scottish last name. It's common, but not massively here. More common with an 'e'.
I detest made up spellings. Phinleigh for example, makes me cringe!

I love traditional names, my lo is josephine but is josie for short. If we had a boy would have been freddie, if i ever had another girl we like elsie, anabelle, jocelyn, and imogon. I also prefer name not to be iver popular. Me and dh struggled deciding names as both teachers and we both associated names with certain children we taught. My lo was named after my grandma

I love traditional names, my lo is josephine but is josie for short. If we had a boy would have been freddie, if i ever had another girl we like elsie, anabelle, jocelyn, and imogon. I also prefer name not to be iver popular. Me and dh struggled deciding names as both teachers and we both associated names with certain children we taught. My lo was named after my grandma

Yay my name is josie. And I have a dd called annabelle or belle as we call her. I like traditional names.. We like Joseph or Joey for short or if its a girl (this one is not traditional) I love Elodie.

Me and dh struggled deciding names as both teachers and we both associated names with certain children We taught

Strange how a person can 'spoil' a name, isn't it?

Yay my name is josie. And I have a dd called annabelle or belle as we call her. I like traditional names.. We like Joseph or Joey for short or if its a girl (this one is not traditional) I love Elodie.

Oh hey, you're pregnant again! Congratulations!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->