What to do on due date?

babesx3

Reaction score
I know there are quite a few of us that have due dates coming up:cry:
and i was wondering what we have planned??

My charlie was due on 4th Feb, although i was due a 39 week induction, but i am going with his actual due date..iykwim:wacko:

I've bought some chinese lanterns to send up with messages to charlie on..
but i don;t know what i do the rest of the day?

I know its gonna be a tough day, but a day is a long time and feel i should perhaps DO something???

I was thinking of maybe taking my kids somewhere?:shrug: try and be positive instead of sad , although i know i will be sad:shrug:

Any ideas?

Lots of :hugs:

I know for me, I feel like I've done it all; sending up balloons, writing letters, names in the sand, lighting candles, etc. Hard to believe that I'm gearing up for Autumn's fourth Heavenly Birthday in just a few months. Something I've considered is writing a message in a bottle, and sending it out into the water.

I think doing something with your kids would be a nice way to spend the day. I always try to make the anniversaries and birthday's as "light" as possible. Something else I've been considering is maybe volunteering, or donating something on the day, just to bring something positive out on a day that our hearts are so heavy.

Hope this helps. Lots of love.

will be thinking of you xx

we just spent some time together on charlies due date and went to see him xx

Thats a lovely thing to do. How about going for a nice walk? I tried to do things I enjoyed on the 38week weekend. I was due to be induced then, due to SLE.
Gentle things that dont make you feel fearful or sad. It will be hard.
xxxxxx

As you know we are going to the garden of remembrance and will release a balloon with Ava, as I think she'll be very excited by the balloon! Then we're going to just go with the flow, thinking of going to soft play with Ava and just enjoy her. Mark is keen on a Chinese lantern too so I think we'll do this together with a glass of wine from the garden in the evening once Ava is in bed :hugs:

:hugs: to all ladies with a due date coming up...mine is the 26th, the wednesday coming..we are going to release balloons, and me and my oh just spend time together. I know I will be so sad because I get teary just thinking about it:cry:

It just devastates me to think that in a few days I would be ready to have my bubby boy, would be so excited and nervous, instead Im heartbroken with only his footprints to remember him by.
I think I am getting a tattoo done for him soon, I am wondering if anyone knows of any good websites/ideas etc that could help me choose something? Im not sure that I want my baby boys name..maybe a quote or his footprint..it is just sooo very tiny. If anyone could give me any ideas whatsoever I would greatly appreciate it.

Babesx3, I think the best you can do on that precious day is the best you can do..maybe do something relaxing, gentle and as medic mama said "light". Something that will calm you or soothe you when you know you'll be hurting:hugs:something that might even bring a smile to your face.
As time keeps going on, I feel so sad, but also grateful, that Jamari touched my life the way he has.
Our babys in heaven will always be with us:kiss:

We have decided to take the children to the zoo , or aquarium if rainy, feel like i want a family day....
we will set of chinese lanterns when we get home ......

it will be a sad day , but hoping to fill it with happy memorys..xxx

Well mine has now passed, it was a day of mixed emotions, we went to the garden of remembrance with a single white rose for Joe which Ava loved. Then we went and played with Ava at soft play and just enjoyed her. Later on we had tea out which was lovely and then when we got home we tried, in vain (!) to set off a Chinese lantern for Joe but it was too windy and we almost caused a fire, OH had to rescue it from next door's roof and stood in cat poo...I think Joe would have been laughing :rofl:

At times I felt relieved that the day had come but then in the evening I got upset again and I think that's not helped by the fact I've just had another loss.

I hope all your due dates pass peacefully :angel:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"