What tog is your childs duvet?

nicki01

Reaction score
As titled?
I'm not sure what one to get. Just ordered my LO a toddler bed so need to order a duvet and pillow as her cot one is just a standard cot duvet and won't be big enough!
What has your child got on their bed?

Isaac is in a cotbed and his duvet is a 4.5 tog one, i put a fleece blanket on if i think its cold but normally he is fine with just his duvet

Tom has a 4.5 one for the summer and a 13.5 one for the winter. He gets cold really quickly and was waking up all the time last winter with the thin one and a blanket.

At the mo he still has the 4.5 with a blanket as it's not that cold at night yet.

4.5 all year round but we live in a new build and our house is hotter than the sun :haha:

4.5, we won't be changing it for the winter as he gets sweaty all wrapped up in it!

4.5 here too. We have a 9.5 but it seems too thick for her.

I bought dd one of those all weather ones (with a 4.5 and a 9 tog that you can use separately or put together) but tbh we never get past the 4.5 as when I put the 9 tog one on she was sweaty and uncomfortable. She has never seemed cold at all so I think that's been fine. She has however changed bedrooms from the box room to the larger spare room this year so perhaps it might be a little cooler as its a larger room.

4.5 tog all year round.
i just dress her accordingly / add a blanket if needed as we dont have heating... well we have storage heaters but i refuse to use them.
shes never woken up cold, wakes up boiling hot though some nights.

Thank you, that's really helped. I was thinking of getting a 7.5 but now seeing everyone has 4.5 i may go for that and add a blanket if she gets cold.
My almost 4 yr old has a toddler duvet but I can't for the life of me remember what tog it is and it doesn't say!

toddler duvets are usually 4.5tog x

My two both have 7.5 Tog, and I put a fleece blanket on top for the winter.

Esther has a 9tog duvet. When we go to bed we then put over her 2 wooly blankets and 1 other blanket that isn't wool. She gets so cold. I'm actually thinking of getting her a 13.5tog duvet of her own so that she doesn't need the blankets on.
She's had this thickness of duvet since she was quite small.
However her room is kept quite cool - i'm not a big believer in keeping a radiator on blasting out heat al night in bedrooms as what happens is that you overheat and then when the radiator cools off you then get cold. I'd rather self regulate under a duvet.

I can't get my 22 month old to sleep with a duvet! She doesn't sleep under it at all so she's still in a sleeping bag, is this normal? X

I can't get my 22 month old to sleep with a duvet! She doesn't sleep under it at all so she's still in a sleeping bag, is this normal? X

If Violet didn't sleep with me, I doubt she'd stay under a blanket.

I bought a duvet and pillow pack yesterday. The duvet is a 4tog.
My eldest Charlie is really hot sweaty child and even when she kids her duvet off she still gets soaking wet hair :-/
Tori doesn't seem as hot but she does get sweaty sometimes so I figure if she gets cold with it I will just add blanket.
Building her bed today so as of tonight she will no longer have her cot! Fingers crossed the transition goes smoothly!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->