• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What worked for you?

Oh dear :haha:

No movement going on here yet either! All I've tried is bouncing on my ball though...
The fresh pinapple juice sounds to die for... did it give you heartburn?! I may go and get some even if it doesnt work.. it sounds delish!

I don't think I've ever had heartburn - from what I've read from other folk it sounds feckin' awful. Really hoping that having made it to 37 weeks it's something I'm just not going to get.

It *really* was delicious though :) Loads of crushed ice too.

Although the idea of being loose in your stomach whilst in labour is maybe not the nicest thought!!!

Probably a TMI post here but my friend, who just had a baby, said she was completely terrified of pooping during labour* - and I've seen loads of posts online saying the same.
But me... I've been so constipated this whole pregnancy that honestly, I'd welcome anything at all getting me moving - even if the midwives and OH have to deal with the mess hahahahahahaha
Besides, I've heard the first time AFTER baby is horrendous, probably better to clear out during if possible...

:rofl:

*she said after that she honestly doesn't know either way, if she did then midwives didn't let on at all

Nice weather here so today I will mostly be trying to walk the baby out. Poor dog won't know what's hit him...

Probably a TMI post here but my friend, who just had a baby, said she was completely terrified of pooping during labour* - and I've seen loads of posts online saying the same.
But me... I've been so constipated this whole pregnancy that honestly, I'd welcome anything at all getting me moving - even if the midwives and OH have to deal with the mess hahahahahahaha
Besides, I've heard the first time AFTER baby is horrendous, probably better to clear out during if possible...

*she said after that she honestly doesn't know either way, if she did then midwives didn't let on at all

I pooped during my first birth! I wasnt even sorry either hahaha! They literally just discard it without a care, I probably wouldn't have noticed if it didn't smell so bad for being constipated for days prior, oh dear lol

Haha Lonewanderer. I was the person terrified of this! I refused to read sections on books on it or let anyone talk to me about it. But with DD I have nooooooo idea if I did or not. I think maybe I did but as many said to me in labour you don’t care, a chicken could fly out of your arse and all you are thinking about is the human making it’s way down your vagina! My midwifes didn’t let on either.

So I hope you get some constipation relief during your birth! Haha

Also I was more terrified about post baby pooping but really wasn’t as bad as I expected. I held on for a few days as really didn’t want to. I found peeing worse on my tear- like lemon in a cut, but you get used to it and a human is chewing at your boobs so pain starts to become a bit of the norm!

Haha Lonewanderer. I was the person terrified of this! I refused to read sections on books on it or let anyone talk to me about it. But with DD I have nooooooo idea if I did or not. I think maybe I did but as many said to me in labour you don’t care, a chicken could fly out of your arse and all you are thinking about is the human making it’s way down your vagina! My midwifes didn’t let on either.

So I hope you get some constipation relief during your birth! Haha

Also I was more terrified about post baby pooping but really wasn’t as bad as I expected. I held on for a few days as really didn’t want to. I found peeing worse on my tear- like lemon in a cut, but you get used to it and a human is chewing at your boobs so pain starts to become a bit of the norm!

Agreed! I didn't poop after my births for at least a week! I was to scared and I even had a telling off from my midwife, once i did go, omg the relief was amazing hahaha

I wasn't aware if I did with DD or DS either! So if I did, the midwife didn't let on. I was a bit nervous about it, but I didn't really think about it at the time!

I dont remember struggling after DS, but with DD I didnt go for 2 whole weeks. I ended up having to go to the drs and get some laxatives:blush:

I was only aware because of the smell as I sat up during to push hahahah I said to the midwife omg I've shit I've shit!!!! They kept saying no you haven't come on concentrate! Afterwards I said.... I did actually didn't I, and they said yes, but it's fine it's so common we just didn't want you to get put off, bless them, we don't realise what they have to deal with hahahaha

Lmao. You lot are hilarious. I'm here laughing my head off.
What with the pooping while in labour and wudnt of noticed but the smell hahahaha and then the chicken flying out of ure butt and seducing DH I'm flat out here laughing:rofl:

I needed a good laugh I've been a right old grumpy old bag lately hahaha.
Stick me in a trash can and call me Oscar the grouch hahahaha.

I've just had some guacamole and I did not NOT know that can start labour off I've never ever heard of that.
Me and DH did the deed earlier. I really didnt want to but hes been deprived the poor thing hahahaha. Just had some lovely Natchos with cheese and sour cream and guacamole and my jaw hit the floor when I read it can start things off. I only had a small amount tho.

Decided i was being silly and selfish about wanting baby out now. I'm only 34+3 and wud feel so guilty if his lungs were not mature and he was much smaller than they are saying.
Been told the growth scans can be 20% out either way and to basically ignore the measurements of any growths scans.

So I'm not going to be doing any thing to crazy yet but may start around 36 and a half weeks.
Been niggling all night and all day something feels like its definitely about to happen at any moment but hope he stays put until next week at the very earliest.

Thanks for the laugh ladies. Hope things start moving very soon. Come on babies woooop wooooop:happydance:

Last edited:
I was only aware because of the smell as I sat up during to push hahahah I said to the midwife omg I've shit I've shit!!!! They kept saying no you haven't come on concentrate! Afterwards I said.... I did actually didn't I, and they said yes, but it's fine it's so common we just didn't want you to get put off, bless them, we don't realise what they have to deal with hahahaha

Haha brilliant. These poor midwives eh?

Feel very blessed that OH works in a medical lab, so he is elbow deep in pee, poop, blood and god knows what else all day. And that we have a really gross dog too, with a frequently iffy belly, whose various functions we often discuss in detail. So I am fairly sure we - most importantly, he - can handle whatever labour throws at us haha!

I'm hopefully off in the pool though, so there could be some pretty grim stories coming from me after baby appears...

I wasn't aware if I did with DD or DS either! So if I did, the midwife didn't let on. I was a bit nervous about it, but I didn't really think about it at the time!

I dont remember struggling after DS, but with DD I didnt go for 2 whole weeks. I ended up having to go to the drs and get some laxatives:blush:

Midwife said to us at antenatal class that you can request a stool softener (I think a suppository but maybe it's a pill, I dunno) right after the birth, not as fast acting or dramatic as a laxative but apparently can make a big difference to comfort when the time comes. So I shall be demanding some of that. :)

Oh and for lunch I just had a ton of leftover chilli pizza just in case spicy food really is the key to shifting this lump of a baby - probably a good job I don't get heartburn to be fair... Now to march dog about in the rain for an hour in case that speeds up the action.

Lol! Funny thread!

So first dancing and dropping it like it’s hot brought on labor for my second. I danced for a couple of hours while cleaning house with my dd and that night contractions started!

And second I didn’t poop with first but had a little tiny bit with my second. However I took a stool softener pill after having them both. With dd I was induced so nothing after midnight on a Sunday, she didn’t come til lunch time on Tuesday so I was starving and ate greasy McDonald’s after she was born... needless to say I didn’t even make it to the toilet cause the nurses did t believe me when I said I had to go not even an hour after having her.. they had a nice clean up! With my son it was normal and not bad at all so no fun story there. This time I’ve had a good bit of constipation throughout so I’m wondering what will go down!

Lol! Funny thread!

So first dancing and dropping it like it’s hot brought on labor for my second. I danced for a couple of hours while cleaning house with my dd and that night contractions started!

And second I didn’t poop with first but had a little tiny bit with my second. However I took a stool softener pill after having them both. With dd I was induced so nothing after midnight on a Sunday, she didn’t come til lunch time on Tuesday so I was starving and ate greasy McDonald’s after she was born... needless to say I didn’t even make it to the toilet cause the nurses did t believe me when I said I had to go not even an hour after having her.. they had a nice clean up! With my son it was normal and not bad at all so no fun story there. This time I’ve had a good bit of constipation throughout so I’m wondering what will go down!

On this pregnancy constipation has been worse than my other two... im guessing another clean up on aisle 3 situation in the delivery room haha

Ok ladies... 37+6 and literally the most miserable I've ever felt.
On/off contractions, never felt so tired in my whole life and constantly feel nauseous.
Bounced on my ball every day for the past 6 days and nothing :shrug:

Need this baby out now :dohh:

It sounds like things are so imminent!
I hope so!! All i want to do is cry :dohh:
I felt so chilled and found pregnancy SO easy with my first two... this time has put me off ever doing it again!

I hope so!! All i want to do is cry :dohh:
I felt so chilled and found pregnancy SO easy with my first two... this time has put me off ever doing it again!

Oh my god I couldn't have put that better myself lol! This has by far been the worst pregnancy out of the 3, and now being in early labour and things could happen in a split second, I'm off ever having any more babies! They can sew me up after this baby!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mlzsmuzaffar
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->