What would you do? Sleep and comforting question

Lu28

Aisling's mammy
Reaction score
Aisling went to bed at 7.30pm and was asleep until 11.30pm. She usually wakes up a couple of times before I go to bed but gets back to sleep very quickly. Tonight she's still awake :wacko: I haven't gone into her yet because I can hear her on the monitor and she's just chatting loudly, shouting sometimes and I can also hear her fake coughing (one of her favourite things to do!) :dohh:

My dilemma is this. I don't want her to think that she wakes and no-one comes to see her. But, she's not distressed at all and usually when she's like this if I do go into the room it escalates to full on crying...

What would you do?

id wait and see what she does next. she may settle herself and sleep more, if she starts crying loads, id go in and pick her up

x

Reply is probably a bit late now.. but I'd have left her if she normally settles herself back off.
Probably gone off to bed myself. As long as you know she can't hurt herself in her cot then she should be fine.
You'd wake up if she started crying anyway. xxx

Thanks ladies. I need quiet to sleep and there's no way I was going to sleep through that! I went in to her in the end because she was starting to sound a bit upset, patted her bum and she went off to sleep no problem :shrug: If I'd have known that I'd have done it much earlier!

If Violet wakes up and doesn't moan/grizzle/cry then I just leave her. I don't wanna go in as I'm worried she might associate night time with company then and not sleeping! :dohh:

If she starts getting moaning then I'll go in and obviously if she starts crying I will, but just babbling I leave her x

mine wakes up afew times a night, 2 times for feeding and maybe twice to fidget and grab things in the cot she can find, my lo is 6 months, and shes always been a restless sleeper!
how often does your lo wake after being put to bed? do you have to feed her in the night?

when mine wakes i leave her to play then go back to sleep, unless its one of the 2 times i feed her. i think if she saw me she would cry though, but as she doesnt cry i leave her to play and nod back off

These days she wakes upa couple of times before I go to bed at about 11.30pm but gets back to sleep by herself quickly. Last night was unusual for us. She doesn't need feeds at night anymore, usually sleeps through. I was only in there for about 5 minutes and she was gone. Hopefully a one off!

Olivia has started having this periods of being awake during the night too. She babbles and shouts and has learnt how to hit the buttons on her mobile so the light show and the music come on!!

I tend to leave her unless she starts to moan and most of the time she falls back to sleep on her own. xx

Olivia has started having this periods of being awake during the night too. She babbles and shouts and has learnt how to hit the buttons on her mobile so the light show and the music come on!!

I tend to leave her unless she starts to moan and most of the time she falls back to sleep on her own. xx

its good to know im not the only one with a Lo who wakes and plays and fidgets in the night:thumbup:

its good to know im not the only one with a Lo who wakes and plays and fidgets in the night:thumbup:

:flower: It is actually, though god knows why they do it lol. I heard the mobile going off about 4 times last night, I am tempted to take it out but then I wonder if she will cry instead if she has nothing to play with.

Abby often wakes in the night or mid nap. Unless she gets really upset, I leave her to it. If I go in, she'll want to get up and get arsey when go back out again. During the day I'll leave her for about 15 minutes and watch her on the monitor to see if she is going back to sleep (she rubs her face if she is) If not, I'll get her up.

She's got a mobile lightshow thing that she whacks to switch on. Sometimes she'll watch it and smile and giggle away to herself. It is so sweet.

:flower: It is actually, though god knows why they do it lol. I heard the mobile going off about 4 times last night, I am tempted to take it out but then I wonder if she will cry instead if she has nothing to play with.

yeah i would leave it in if i were you, i wish i could sleep through the fidgets but i cant, is your lo in her own room?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->