whats everyone reading?

currently reading spellbound- by kelley arnstrong but just received house rules today which reminds me i have a pm of thanks to send :)

Claudia Carroll - Will you still love me tomorrow

Really enjoying it x

I just read Gone With The Wind. I never saw the movie.
While it has sparked a new interest in the American Civil War for me,
the book is freaking racist!
I used to live in the South, so I understand a bit more now I suppose.
The South will hopefully never rise again!
Geeze...
My brain feels polluted now...Like i need to give it a bath.

So now I've started reading Lolita. : )

About to begin Rebbecas Tale by Sally Beauman.
I ADORED Rebbeca by Daphne Du Maurier so i am hoping this will be just as good.

OOH! Never knew this was here.

Was wondering, can anyone recommend any good biographies of influential women?

I've just finished reading Someone Else's Garden, and the way women were (or perhaps still are) viewed in some areas in India, and involves arranged marriages.

I've started Fiona O'Neils 'What The Nanny Saw' which is ok so far.

I enjoyed Anna Quindlens 'Every Last One' so just looking up more books of hers

I've just finished reading Someone Else's Garden, and the way women were (or perhaps still are) viewed in some areas in India, and involves arranged marriages.

Zami, A New Spelling Of My Name, by Audre Lorde.
It's an autobiography about a woman who grew up in the 50's. She's like an activist and poet.

Also,
A Thousand Splendid Suns, but Khaled Hosseini.
It's a novel, but it was inspiring.

It's an autobiography about a woman who grew up in the 50's. She's like an activist and poet.

Also,

This book was heartbreaking and incredible! The Kite Runner is worth a read to :thumbup:

Also,

Thanks hun.I have just reserved Khaled Hosseini's one at my library can't wait. I read Afghanistan, Where God Only Comes to Weep, and I am fascinated by their culture. x

Just started 'The Gallows Curse' by Karen Maitland, I loved her other books so hoping this one will be as good x

Just finished listening to Ice Limit by Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child which wasn't all that good. Now I'm listening to The Historian by Elisabeth Kostova which is long but pretty good.

I just finished "Killing Cupid" by Mark Edwards and Louise Voss. It is excellent!!

"At Home" by Bill Bryson... totally fascinating, so far! :)

Also,

:dohh: I just got the Khaled Hosseini book only to realize I have actually read it. Lol, it was a beautiful book yes!

I'm re-reading Gone With The Wind at the moment and I've just bought Walt Disney An American Original off Amazon which I'm looking forward to reading.

I re read a lot unless I really don't enjoy it.

Mind if I join you ladies? :)
I'm currently reading Terry Goodkinds Sword of Truth series. I'm on Naked Empire at the moment.
I read anything and everything but when I'm in a series like this I always find it so hard to read anything else until I'm finished the whole thing so I can't wait til I get through the next few books and start something new. This series is brilliant though! Full of magic and swordfights :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->