whats everyone reading?

I just finished "The Book Thief" by Markus Zusak. It was Awesome. I bawled at the end. It's told by "Death" and is about a very poor street in Germany during the time of the Nazi's. The author said something to the effect that he wanted people to see that not all Germans that time were bad - that many were against what was going on, many were afraid, hid Jewish people, etc. It's actually a "teen" book so it wasn't boring at all.

Love this book, it's so beautifully written, have you read I Am The Messanger by the same author? It's a completely different story but still good.

I'm reading Night Watch by Terry Pratchett at the moment and also Baby Talk by Julie Walters which I've pinched off my mum.

I'm also not sure about Kindles, I love having a shelf full of books and I would love a whole wall full.

I just finished "The Book Thief" by Markus Zusak. It was Awesome. I bawled at the end. It's told by "Death" and is about a very poor street in Germany during the time of the Nazi's. The author said something to the effect that he wanted people to see that not all Germans that time were bad - that many were against what was going on, many were afraid, hid Jewish people, etc. It's actually a "teen" book so it wasn't boring at all.

Love this book, it's so beautifully written, have you read I Am The Messanger by the same author? It's a completely different story but still good.

I'm reading Night Watch by Terry Pratchett at the moment and also Baby Talk by Julie Walters which I've pinched off my mum.

I'm also not sure about Kindles, I love having a shelf full of books and I would love a whole wall full.

I agree, very beautifully written! I haven't read anything else by this author, but I'd love to now!!

Terry Pratchett is awesome!!

I also agree about having shelves full of books! I have hundreds and hundreds of books and dream of having a library someday with floor to ceiling bookshelves! That said, I have downloaded the Kindle, Nook, etc onto my iPad. I don't buy anything for it though. I only download the free books. I like it for at night because then I don't have to have a light on and disturb my dh!

I agree this wasn't one of her best :thumbup: House Rules is a lot better. I think we should all do a book swap club type thing!

we should so do that!!! me and my best friend are always swapping books, we just charity shop them when we've both read them- or send them on to others!

currently reading "harvesting the heart" by jodi picoult, which is not one of her best, but its readable
my favourite author of all time is karen rose, i can read her books over and over again, closely followed by kelley armstrong

x

I agree this wasn't one of her best :thumbup: House Rules is a lot better. I think we should all do a book swap club type thing!

Glad i'm not alone, it's the ONE book of hers I couldn't get into and haven't finished.

im struggling with this one atm, i couldnt finish mercy either, i loved handle with care though! i dont have houe rules yet

I'm just reading House Rules now honey - about 100 pages to go, so once I've finished I'll forward it onto you! PM me your address xx

I'm reading this one about pregnancy https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005H2SM5Q (it hhas awesome illustrations), and literature I'm reading The Godfather by Mario Puzo, I love a great story :D

I've been watching the back episodes to this show. :thumbup:

I'm reading Footballers wives by Kerry Katona (trashy I know & really old but I read the first one years ago) then I've got the new Katie Price to read after x

I agree!!!:thumbup: Book pervs forever. I love the feel the texture the cover. I even love going to the bookstore or library...although most often I order off line now.

I've thwarted dh's attempt to get me one many times.:haha:

I began reading Wuthering Heights earlier this year. Didnt finish it though. It was moving too slow for me.:blush:

Today, I started reading Robopocalypse by Daniel H. Wilson
. Hope it's a good one. :)

I have an Ipad to read books on, and I really don't like it. I much prefer actual books, with the way they feel and smell. New or old, I love the texture!

well now I come off as a book perv. Um...

Haha don't worry I know exactly what you mean! My husband suggested I get a Kindle but I said no because I just prefer real books!

I love reading but realised recently that I haven't really read many classics so I'm currently reading Wuthering Heights (very slowly at the moment) and I've got Tess of the D'Urbervilles for when I have finally finished!x

For those of you reading classics right now, I have The Portrait of a Lady by Henry James on my iPad (free...you can get almost any classic for free on Google Reader, Nook, etc). It's a beautiful read.

I wondered where this thread vanished to, never knew there was a books section till now so im happy :)
I realy miss real books but it was just getting too much I had 4 bookcases full and ran out of room so I relelnted and got a kindle but it is alot easier with getting books.
I have a couple of thousand books on the pc and ust change them around on my kindle every now and then so if anyone is after anything perticular ill see if I have it and email it to them.

Mos of mine are sci-fi and fantasy, classics and pretty much anything to do with templars though although I have started to get more into hystorical based ones as well, quite enoyed labyrinth by kate mosse

I'm reading Footballers wives by Kerry Katona (trashy I know & really old but I read the first one years ago) then I've got the new Katie Price to read after x

i want to read footballers wives by kerry katona! is it good?

It's ok nothing amazing... If you want I'll send it on too you once I've finished x

that would be lovely lol. how much will it cost to send tho? xx

I'll send it thru work it'll be free lol x

ok let me no when you have finished it and ill pm u my address, how much is it to send back pmsl! is it hardback or paperback?? xx

Don't worry about sending back just charity shop it or something that's what I usually do.... Also have you read the first one tough love?x

ok if your sure and no i havent i dont think lol xx

I wondered where this thread vanished to, never knew there was a books section till now so im happy :)
I realy miss real books but it was just getting too much I had 4 bookcases full and ran out of room so I relelnted and got a kindle but it is alot easier with getting books.
I have a couple of thousand books on the pc and ust change them around on my kindle every now and then so if anyone is after anything perticular ill see if I have it and email it to them.

Mos of mine are sci-fi and fantasy, classics and pretty much anything to do with templars though although I have started to get more into hystorical based ones as well, quite enoyed labyrinth by kate mosse

I'm 60% of the way through Soul Identity now and I'm really enjoying it :lol: I have the new Madeleine McCann book to read next (unless I find something else before - the joy of having a kindle!)

I'm 60% of the way through Soul Identity now and I'm really enjoying it :lol: I have the new Madeleine McCann book to read next (unless I find something else before - the joy of having a kindle!)

Theres a sequal, I think it was called soul intent.
Told you I thought youd enjoy it :) the sequal isnt quite as good though I thought.

i want to read footballers wives by kerry katona! is it good?

It's ok nothing amazing... If you want I'll send it on too you once I've finished x

that would be lovely lol. how much will it cost to send tho? xx

I'll send it thru work it'll be free lol x

ok let me no when you have finished it and ill pm u my address, how much is it to send back pmsl! is it hardback or paperback?? xx

Don't worry about sending back just charity shop it or something that's what I usually do.... Also have you read the first one tough love?x

ok if your sure and no i havent i dont think lol xx

I finished it last night Millie spilt a glass of water over it this morning, I'll let you know tomorrow how it dries but I'll defo send the first one to you anyway pm me your address x

im now trawling through my kelley armstrong collection-
im a re-reader lmao! i have some firm favourites and i always go back to them x

Normaly I dont re read but there are 1-2 I do constantly go back to especialy if iv waited ages for a sequal and just want remind myself what was going on.

omg i couldnt imagine not re reading- im an incredibly fast reader- and i do find i miss bits because of it!
my main re reads are karen rose books, and kelley armstrong books x

I'm a fast reader too! I do re-read books I really enjoy but it has to be really special for me to re-read.

Smokey I just finished Soul Identity. I enjoyed it! Just downloaded the second one just now :lol: but I'm gonna read the madeleine mccann book first I think, fancy a break from fiction :)

ive just started another kelley armstrong! ive not read this one before though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->