Whats for Dinner tonight?

Leek and Tattie soup with soda bread.
My Irish MIL's recipe and it's incredible.

Pinched a Nigel Slater...did a lentil curry with basmati rice and beetroot raita. Girls insisted on popadums with chutney, too.

Pudding was spiced poached pears with rum and raisin ice cream (adults) and Greek yoghurt (bambini)

Ohh do you have the recipe for the lentil curry?!

We had vegetable thai noodle soup. I am forcing a lot of spicy food on OH at the moment to try and build his tolerance up because he is a massive wuss and I love spice. I am such a crap girlfriend :haha:

https://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2012/jan/15/nigel-slater-beetroot-indian-lentil

Only we had basmati...really fab with chapati, too!

It may as well have been fresh air for all I can taste, stupid cold, fisrt thing to go and last thing to come back every time is my sense of taste :cry:

What we actually had though was hunters chicken (a cheat pre packed version) and potato hash :flower:

We had a takeaway as we went bowling and laser quest for my cousins birthday!

I made king prawns in garlic and chilli sauce, some rice to accompany it and made hm spring rolls.

yum thank you! Did you use canned or dried lentils?

I used dried...

Def making it the week! I am so lazy and almost always just use packets of merchant gourmet lentils because dried take too bloody long!

:rofl: I so would have done...and was planning to...but I'd forgotten my sister had pinched my packets to make your lasagne! Luckily I checked...so it's actually YOUR fault I had to persevere with the dried!!

Runs off to check food gawker...

Lou, WHAT have you just introduced me too?!? :rofl:

Need to make these right now..,

https://www.loveveggiesandyoga.com/2012/09/cinnamon-oatmeal-date-bars-with-chocolate-chunks.html

Haha well then I apologise, hope she liked it!

I knooow my sister showed me last week and I have been addicted ever since. Those look amazing. I am currently browing oatmeal pancake recipes trying to find ones without buttermilk because I want apple and cinnamon oat pancakes tomorrow morning! Autumn makes me want to eat apple cinnamon EVERYTHING.

I have an amazing apple and cinammon recipe for pancakes...using almond milk. Can post tomorrow? We've had baked apples with cin, tarte tatin with cin, apple and cin cake!

'twas v fortunate I checked lentils in time, or would have been a very shit curry :haha: Sis is won over by the lasagne!

Some of your recipes sound amazing, but if I tried to feed OH lentils he would think I was poisoning him, same if I give him veggies, I would love to make a roasted veg lasagne but its never going to happen, unless I cook two versions :blush:

Yes please to the recipe!

Lucasmum, my OH is the same - I just cook it without telling him what I am making so when he is really hungry after work he pretty much has no choice but to eat it. I am slowly winning him over :haha: He was sooo against the lentil lasagne but eventually admitted that it was very tasty. I think my big issue with cooking with meat is if you are going to cook it with loads of sauces and spices and herbs then why even bother spending the money when the flavour is going to be drowned out? May as well buy cheap pulses or veggies instead! Except when it comes to steak and chips. No vegetable replaces that :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->