Whats for Dinner tonight?

My hub was equally skeptical about all things lentil...but has now come round to a huge number of veggie recipes. He still loves my meat dishes best, though ;) Hence it will be a Persian lamb stew tomorrow...and he's doing steak frites on Firday!

Lou, will post tomorrow. Xxx

Thank you! I do want to start cooking lamb dishes once a fortnight or so - OH absolutely loves lamb. I still think you should start a middle-eastern inspired food blog!

Maybe I could borrow your hubbies to convince mine that its a good idea, to be fair when he doesnt work at home I have been known to puree things and bung it in, but now he works from home constantly and checks everything, he is such a baby, thankfully Lucas is like a bin and will eat anything :haha:

No idea! we were meant to be getting take away but since the local town and our village/road are all flooded it looks like it will be a case of find it eat it lol

I am really ill, I have a weak immune system and have caught a cold and its really taken it out of me, so micro meals all round, Lucas is having lasagne, OH has a curry and I have cauliflower cheese :flower:

I'm doing something we haven't had in years tonight which is Sausages, Mash, Onions, Mushrooms, Corn on cob and Beef and onion gravy!! Yum!

A fabulous Persian stew...koresht e gheimeh. Basically lamb with split peas, dried lime, tomato, turmeric, pinch cinnamon with, basically, a small handful of frites on top! That's traditional, too. Served with basmati with a proper golden crust.

Pudding was a strawberry and raspberry roulade or caaaaakkkkkke!

Lou...pancakes!

225g plain flour
2 tsp baking powder
2 eggs
300ml almond milk
1 tsp vanilla
As much cinammon as you personally like!
2 apples, coarse grated skins on or off
Melted butter

Sift flour, cinammon and baking powder together, make a well in the middle. Pour milk and vanilla together, with egg, and whisk.
Pour into flour, whisking continuously until batter is smooth. Add in the apple.
Heat pan, brush with melted butter...ladleful of batter, cook til bubbles form, then flip.

Only just started this one, but it's really good! Personally prefer skins off, but that's me. And it means I get to eat a pile of raw apple skin, which I love!

we had breaky for super. pancakes, sausages, and hash potatoes:)

Homemade mozerella meatballs in a roasted pepper sauce, with spaghetti or what ever pasta I come to first :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->