what's the saddest film you've ever seen?

I cried at I Am Legend when Will Smith had to kill the dog and he was singing to it.

i didn't find marley and me sad at all.. i'm not a big dog fan though so that might be why :haha:

Oh also greenstreet, for anyone that doesnt know its about footy gangs basically but the endings really sad x

omg. requiem for a dream! ive only watched it once as its so depressing :/

omg. requiem for a dream! ive only watched it once as its so depressing :/

this is one of my favourite films. i seriously think they should show it at schools :rofl: would put anyone off drugs.

ikr! theres literally 0 happy endings in that film.

okay rileysmummy - i find that dog scene sad :( i think it's because of who the dog is though. if that makes sense. like he's been there all along :(

Did anyone else cry while watching Bridge to Terabitihia? I actually hated that movie, the way they just jumped it on you. Really didn't expect that in a movie that seemed quite child friendly as well!

dear john i sobbed at too! When his dad died & he read that letter :( xx

I cannot watch anything on the topic of the Holocaust. I know I am missing some incredible films, but I just can't. I find that subject so horrifying that I get really overwhelmed and depressed.
Anything about really horrible war atrocities gets me. An excellent film that had me feeling like someone had punched me in the gut emotionally was The Last King of Scotland. I found that film not just horrific, but incredibly sad.
If you are just talking tearjerkers, Dancer in the Dark made me cry and cry! :cry: :haha:

Of Mice & Men
Ghost
I Am Sam
Sophie's Choice
The Champ

Has anyone seen a film called 'Let Him Have It'? based on the true story of Derek Bentley? SO sad :(

Oh!!!!
Just thought of another that I watched recently on Netflix: The Other Woman with Nathalie Portman. It was about the main character dealing with the loss of her baby to SIDS :cry: So well-acted and well-written. I bawled.

Anything to do with dogs dying get to me especially since losing my dog last summer when she was still very young.

But AI: Artificial Intelligence is the ultimate tear-jerker for me, that film is evil!! The look on Hayley-Joel Osment's face throughout that film just had me literally sobbing for 2 hours solid in the cinema. He just wants his mummy to love him!!!!!! :cry: I couldn't control myself and OH was so embarrassed. I still can't bring myself to watch it again.

I cannot watch anything on the topic of the Holocaust. I know I am missing some incredible films, but I just can't. I find that subject so horrifying that I get really overwhelmed and depressed.
Anything about really horrible war atrocities gets me. An excellent film that had me feeling like someone had punched me in the gut emotionally was The Last King of Scotland. I found that film not just horrific, but incredibly sad.
If you are just talking tearjerkers, Dancer in the Dark made me cry and cry! :cry: :haha:

I was so shocked at the ending! Bjorks acting was amazing too.

Mine is a film called 'In America' it is my all time favourite film and i ball every time, I can only ever watch it alone

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->