When are you doing your last food shop before Christmas?

Bevziibubble

Reaction score
We will probably do ours on Friday. I am not looking forward to the crowds! :haha:

Did our weekly shop today. We are going to my mums for xmas dinner and just need to bring snacks and drinks. I will pick up other bits, milk etc probably thurs or friday but dont need too much as i have teas sorted for the week. I have to pop out this week for final stocking fillers and i am dreading that!

DH did our shopping for the week last Friday. Then we have our Asda order coming on Saturday 23rd to see us through christmss eve-Boxing day.

I am quite nervous as only done drinks and snacks before not the whole lot! DH is working right up to Xmas eve and I can’t bear to take the girls with me.

I usually pop early morning on Christmas Eve, I've never found it too busy then. Not that we need a lot, as we'll be at in-laws over night and Xmas day. Just need a few bits to take and some nibbles for when we're back Xmas evening.

Im going to do mine on Friday after work I think - or if its rammed I will go about 6am Sat morning when OH goes to work. Xx

Online shop coming 23rd, I don’t battle the shops ever anyway let alone Christmas!! Never had a problem with subs at Xmas but can pop out if something major is missing.

I will do it friday morning and do a 1 and a half week shop. Will go alone though, and as early as i can. I dont mind shopping alone. I stick earphones in and listen to loud music so the people dont bother me. My mum on the otherhand will do hers xmas eve. Theres no way i have time for that.

Online shop coming 23rd, I don’t battle the shops ever anyway let alone Christmas!! Never had a problem with subs at Xmas but can pop out if something major is missing.

I'm worried the turkey will get subbed or not turn up lol.

I think on friday. Hope i can get everything i nwed. Going to have to take at least one child as they break up thurs. I already have turkey in freezer so thats one thing but i need fresh veg and pigs in blankets, that kinda thing. I have all the cupboard bits like sauces and stuffing mix.

We are doing ours Thursday afternoon . DH is finishing work early and his mum is going to mind the girls while we go ! “Trolley Wars!!”

We’re getting our usual shop and a few treats as we are going to in laws Christmas Day and Boxing Day I love it !! Lol although we will have them over a few days after Boxing Day for a meal and a few drinks !

I’ve gotta go pick up a few last minute gifts tomorrow and into town on Wednesday eeek !! X

I'm just buying meals daily. It's costing a bomb in the long run but I don't want to over fill before Xmas food arrives.

I get out of it this year because we will be at my mums over Christmas with the new baby. I know she did the bulk of her Christmas shopping over this weekend and will get the fresh bits on Friday/Saturday.

I have a Tesco delivery saver pass so have a slot booked for Friday morning. I refuse to ever set foot in a supermarket again at Christmas. The last time I did it I had to walk the car park to find a trolley, thank god my auntie was looking after Thomas for me there's no way he would cope with the crowds.

My husband is a night manager for a major supermarket and he's working into Christmas Eve morning so he always brings stuff home. He's in charge of the desserts and alcohol.

Ive got our asda delivery booked for the 23rd. Then if anything gets subbed or is unavailable I can run to Tesco on Christmas eve. Luckily i ordered our turkey from the butchers so I'm not ordering anything that's going to cause a problem if it doesn't come.

With our big family it seems like we are at the store every 3-4 days LOL. I think we'll probably do ours Friday too. I'm going to be making cupcakes on Saturday for our Christmas eve get together so we'll probably finish up our Christmas dinner shopping when we go for cupcake supplies.

We're going Saturday. My sister is watching the kids, and then I'm watching hers saturday evening after her OH is home from work.

Mine came Monday :lol:
We're not eating at home Christmas Eve, Christmas Day or Boxing Day so I refused to do a big panic shop with loads of stuff that won't get eaten (also I can't eat treats this year due to health so I'm being mean and not having them in the house :haha:)
I just bought nicer stuff than usual so we can eat better in the run up to Christmas at least.

DHs last day at work is tomorrow. He’ll most likely get off early so we’ll be going to do some shopping then but the bulk of it will be done on Friday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->