When are you doing your last food shop before Christmas?

Online shop coming 23rd, I don’t battle the shops ever anyway let alone Christmas!! Never had a problem with subs at Xmas but can pop out if something major is missing.

I'm worried the turkey will get subbed or not turn up lol.

I buy frozen so have already have the turkey so we can defrost in plenty of time.

Call me nuts but I think I'm going after work on Sunday. I want to do fresh fruit, OJ and crossiants for breakfast for a change and the later I get it, the less likely DS2 is to help himself to it. None of us usually eat it nor sit down as a family if we do so I think this will be nice.

I've got my last few bits from Asda coming on the 23rd, also going to collect the food we ordered from Morrisons on the 23rd so anything not available in the Asda order I can pick up at Morrisons and if not then we will just go without. Nothing that's is left is of importance really.

We'll probably do it Sat or Sun. I dread to see the crowds.

We did our weekly shop on Monday. Just got to grab some broad and milk and whatever takes my fancy on Friday or Saturday.

Mum did the one for us al today, I helped her unpack it, boy does she buy a lot of food :haha:

We’re out for tea Xmas eve, day, Boxing Day and the day after so don’t need much meal wise and I’ve already got some treats/nibbles in. OH is going on Friday for the last shop before Xmas.

We are thinking Friday or Saturday. Or both. Depends on what it is

Call me nuts but I think I'm going after work on Sunday. I want to do fresh fruit, OJ and crossiants for breakfast for a change and the later I get it, the less likely DS2 is to help himself to it. None of us usually eat it nor sit down as a family if we do so I think this will be nice.

I think you are a bit mad, sorry :haha: good luck!

I ended up going this morning. Aldi, then Sainsburys. Actually wasn't nearly as bad as I imagined. Managed to get everything fresh I wanted with decent dates on 😀

We are doing our food shop today and I'm dreading it already!

Finished off my asda order :happydance: Carrots and broccoli are only 20p too!

Went into sainsburys yesterday and Tesco this morning for little bits. Never again! It was manic!

Wow what a good price! I hope to find some bargains like that too :)

I just got back from doing mine. I walked into asda just before 9. Didnt get back to the car untill 10.15. I spent way too much, went to asda because i knew i wouldnt be able to get the quorn roast in aldi. They didnt have any anyway, so ended up spending more than double what i should have. But i did get some nice treats. It wasnt even too busy, if it was i didnt notice.

Just been to Lidl as its usually the quietest one around here. What a nightmare. Mainly because James spent almost the entire time screaming. He hates sitting in the trolley but when we let him out he just runs off. He was arching his back, trying to stand up in the trolley, kicking, screaming and even woke up other babies! :blush: That was something I do not wish to repeat!

I was in Tesco his morning. It was really busy! Not even a proper food shop (going to my mums for xmas dinner and boxing day too) so just for bits and bobs and snacks etc. Ended up buying 3 Puppy surprises, 2 pairs of pyjamas and 2 dvds... spent a grand total of £147 and I was aiming to stay under 50. Oops!

Oh dear. Sounds crazy. I've just finalized my Asda order.

Did our shop this afternoon. Wasn’t too bad but most people in there were tourists and they don’t know where anything is or what they are buying so that is frustrating for us that live here and know where stuff is.

My order arrived this morning. Everything was there so I'm very pleased. My husband is in charge of desserts/alcohol/any other bits we need - perks of being a nights manager in a major supermarket I guess!

Xmas eve!! We have to pick up our m&s order anyway and usually do another shop as it's ds birthday on boxing day so we need fresh food and a birthday cake for his party. We try and do it early but it's a bit weird this yr being a Sunday

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->