When are you doing your last food shop before Christmas?

I'm going for some last bits and bobs tomorrow that I couldn't get on Weds. There's not that much on my list so I hope it doesn't take too long or cost too much. I might get up in the morning when OH goes to work at 5.45 and go then!!xx

Mine is being delivered today and thankfully the only substitution problem is they switched poultry gravy for beef gravy. Phew!

Mine is being delivered today and thankfully the only substitution problem is they switched poultry gravy for beef gravy. Phew!

I feel like this could be a fun game, what are our subs?! Mine is due 4-5...I will report back!

This could be funny! Some substitutions make no sense at all! :laugh2:

Haha there were about 8 subs but thankfully the others were just different brands etc.

OH did ours last night. It was crazy the shelves were empty. He managed to only spend £90 though which is a fraction of what we do at Tesco when I go with him :haha:
We couldn’t get half of what we wanted though as the shelves were bare. Here’s a photo he sent me!! Luckily we aren’t having Xmas dinner at home so not a major issue x

Food on it's way. Couple of subs nothing major and DH whisky is out of stock. Phew!

I had 15 subs :shock: Including cocktail sausages instead of pigs in blankets, frozen potato, bread sauce powder and 2 bottles of shampoo (only ordered one so wtf). We returned a lot of it and ran to sainsburys down the road and managed to get what we need!

Ordered groceries online last night (Friday) picked them up this morning.

I had 15 subs :shock: Including cocktail sausages instead of pigs in blankets, frozen potato, bread sauce powder and 2 bottles of shampoo (only ordered one so wtf). We returned a lot of it and ran to sainsburys down the road and managed to get what we need!

We ended up getting a lot of subs too, but the main issue was the driver had clearly mixed up our stuff with someone else’s. Managed to sort most of it out but have a shopping list of 9 things to get today, nothing too major but red cabbage is the main thing I’d miss if we can’t get.

Will be putting in a complaint, in the 5 years we’ve done online shopping at Christmas this is our only bad experience. That said, still much better than doing in person!!

i did mine on friday, sainsbury's wasn't as bad as i thought it would be! :) we're having christmas dinner at my mum's so don't have much christmas food to get but i've been put in charge of alcohol so i spent a bloody fortune :argh: :haha:

We ended up getting a lot of subs too, but the main issue was the driver had clearly mixed up our stuff with someone else’s. Managed to sort most of it out but have a shopping list of 9 things to get today, nothing too major but red cabbage is the main thing I’d miss if we can’t get.

Will be putting in a complaint, in the 5 years we’ve done online shopping at Christmas this is our only bad experience. That said, still much better than doing in person!!

Definitely put a complaint in!

Did anyone hear of Tesco selling rotten turkeys? Someone said theirs tasted like bleach :shock:

We had a Christmas shopping confusion with Asda a few years ago - they delivered us twice the shopping, literally double everything we ordered but only charged us for the shop we actually did, bonus! Only problem - didn't have enough room in the fridge and freezer for it all lol! It was good though

I heard that too about tesco. Sounds horrible!

I know! Imagine how many Christmas dinners ruined. Urgh and imagine if you consumed some rank mouldy bird. I hope those people are ok

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->