When Can You Get Baby's Ears Pierced?

In the uk its 6 months as a guideline for most reputable shops and salons.

People are well within their rights to express their opinions on a forum like this, I dont believe anyone has personally insulted the op, just shared their opinions on how they feel pierced ears look on babies.
I had mine done when I was ten for my bday after begging my mum for months and it was a lovely lovely day and i took responsibility of looking after them bcos I wanted them so much lol!

In the uk its 6 months as a guideline for most reputable shops and salons.

People are well within their rights to express their opinions on a forum like this, I dont believe anyone has personally insulted the op, just shared their opinions on how they feel pierced ears look on babies.
I had mine done when I was ten for my bday after begging my mum for months and it was a lovely lovely day and i took responsibility of looking after them bcos I wanted them so much lol!

Off topic but do you love pink by any chance? :haha:

Heehee i do like pink lol but only.since i found I was having a lil girlie lol!! Iv never been a girly girl till now really tbh lol!! Xxx

Personally when there old enough to ask and understand how to look after them properly.

My 8 year old son asked for his ears to be done and once id explained the procedure he decided to wait til he was older,thank god!!!

Personally, i just don't agree with this, this is why children grow up to quick lol! I'd wait until shes old enough like 13/14. Also it looks tacky and a baby is enough to deal with without worrying about there pierced ears getting infected lol! Sorry to be harsh. But it is your baby, so it is your choice, each to there own and all that.

I think not only is it distressing but likely to cause problems, as we've seen on this thread ear piercing cause issues like infection, pain, risk of being pulled out. Why risk this with your child? Let them make their own choices rather than making them into a mini adult because it looks 'cute'. I personally think it should be illegal under the age of 3 or 4.

I have no idea what the age limit is. If you know where you'd like to take her then maybe give them a call and ask them any questions/raise any concerns you have that they can answer in terms of what they do?

I won't be having my girls' ears pierced - not until they ask and I feel they are old enough to look after them.

I think you should wait til they are old enough to ask for them done. I had mine done at 7. I was so excited going and having them pierced with my mum. I could look after them myself and felt all grown up. Everyone is entitled to their own choices. I grew up in the Caribbean where most babies have their ears pierced so 7 was positively ancient! Lol. I don't like it on babies myself. I would rather let my children choose these things themselves. I don't think you can compare it to vancinnations though. Personally I found it awful seeing my son cry for an injection but its for his health and to protect him from diseases that could cause death. I couldn't allow my baby to cry because I wanted het to look cute with earrings. But that's just how I feel about it all. Basically the op should do it when she feels its appropriate. If you need to question if she is too young then she is too young

I'm going to wait until she's old enough to want it done, and take care of them and clean them herself. I can see no benefit in dong it earlier and if DH had his was she wouldn't have it done until she's 18!

I was 8 when I had mine done and I think that was a great age, I was very proud of myself and cleaned them every day and felt very grown up when I got earrings as gifts.

When they can ask for it to be done themselves.

Intentionally hurting and scarring children is wrong in any other situation I really don't understand why its ok to do it in the name of fashion.

Would the same go for a nose piercing?

It is each parent's choice with what they choose to do for their child, but personally I would wait to pierce my child's ears until they are old enough to ask themselves to have it done. I think that earrings on a little baby look horrible & tacky.

I got mine done for my 7th birthday & I still remember what an exciting day it was, I felt so grown up & got to choose which earrings I wanted too (gold studs with small rubies in them!).

i had a bad experience with ears piercing mostly because i was too young..i had my ears pierced 4 times in the same spot since i was 3-4 yrs old til i was about 8-9 cause they kept getting badly infected and the holes closed up (very painful when you have to rip an ear ring out of your ear cause the infection was making them stick to my ears) and now i dont even wear ear rings..

Its your opinion whatever you want to do. I personally will not get my daughters ears pierced until shes old enough to ask for it and even then i want her to be absolutely sure thats what she wants first. But do i think its traumatic.....no...it didnt make me have nightmares as a kid cause obviously i kept begging to go back and have them pierced again...it just hurt when they were infected.

I think when they can ask for them. I was 8 when I had mine done and loved it, I remember the day so clearly!! I loved the responsibility of them! My dd is 7 and asked for hers to be done on her birthday, I took her and she hated them. She took them out within a week and its her choice if she ever has them re-pierced when she's older. I won't force her or make that decision for her.

I would imagine the pain would be quite traumatic to a baby. I would expect a very upset LO.

I personally disagree with having them done when they're babies. It's their choice, not yours.

That being said, if you insist on getting them done please for the love of god don't get them done with a piercing gun. They can't be properly cleaned and they make a very messy wound.

In my last salon we wouldn't pierce ears under 7 !!! X

I absolutely hate seeing babies with pierced ears! Each to their own but I think it's so wrong to do to a newborn baby x

You asked at what age you can pierce your baby's ears . . . You didn't ask what people thought of it and now everyone is telling you how "horrible" and "traumatic" it is . . . Annoying!

I also would like to know what age to do it. I have some pink sapphire white gold Tiffany & Co. earrings. I can't wait for her to wear them. I will probably as my children's pediatrician and follow her directions

:hugs:

Hey ladies,
I was just wondering.. at what age does a baby girl usually get her ears pierced?
Im definatly getting my baby girls pierced, just occured to me that I don't even know when they usually get it done..
Is it traumatic to them? Like screaming etc..

You asked at what age you can pierce your baby's ears . . . You didn't ask what people thought of it and now everyone is telling you how "horrible" and "traumatic" it is . . . Annoying!

I also would like to know what age to do it. I have some pink sapphire white gold Tiffany & Co. earrings. I can't wait for her to wear them. I will probably as my children's pediatrician and follow her directions

:hugs:

People are saying it is traumatic because they are responding to a question the OP asked. Where has anyone said she was horrible? Because I have read this whole thread and havent seen anyone say that??

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->