When Can You Get Baby's Ears Pierced?

You asked at what age you can pierce your baby's ears . . . You didn't ask what people thought of it and now everyone is telling you how "horrible" and "traumatic" it is . . . Annoying!

I also would like to know what age to do it. I have some pink sapphire white gold Tiffany & Co. earrings. I can't wait for her to wear them. I will probably as my children's pediatrician and follow her directions

:hugs:

Be very, very careful if the earrings are normal adult earrings. Most people I know who have baby or toddler's ears pierced stick to piercing earrings (if a very tight fit), screw on backs or lockable back earrings so that baby can't pull the back off or have it get caught on something and get the earring out. Some aren't interested in them at all (though they can still get caught on hair, clothing or other things) but others will pull and tug at them. Better safe than sorry.

You asked at what age you can pierce your baby's ears . . . You didn't ask what people thought of it and now everyone is telling you how "horrible" and "traumatic" it is . . . Annoying!

I also would like to know what age to do it. I have some pink sapphire white gold Tiffany & Co. earrings. I can't wait for her to wear them. I will probably as my children's pediatrician and follow her directions

:hugs:

Be very, very careful if the earrings are normal adult earrings. Most people I know who have baby or toddler's ears pierced stick to piercing earrings (if a very tight fit), screw on backs or lockable back earrings so that baby can't pull the back off or have it get caught on something and get the earring out. Some aren't interested in them at all (though they can still get caught on hair, clothing or other things) but others will pull and tug at them. Better safe than sorry.

I was a jeweler for 3 years so I actually do know that. I had the original posts taken out and replaced with children's post and converted them to screw backs by my jeweler. I have also grown up with my sisters daughters and my sister puts regular earrings on them which I believe is a hazard. Fortunately I know jewelry quite well and kids too. I also plan on putting the pink sapphire earrings in until she is about one, but thanks :)

Had my oldest daughters done when she was 5 years old at her decision. At 5 years old i can tell you they run, play, flip and are all around rougher than a baby. I don't know how many times i had to untangle her hair out of them or fix them back in after she had tore them out.

It is easier to and LESS traumatic as they don't even remember the whole damn thing. If you piercing your babies ears are so traumatic then you better not take them for their shots were they get more than two tiny little jabs in the arms and legs! It is more natural to them being there the sooner you do it.

Here they told me she has to be at least 6 weeks old before i can pierce this LO's ears and I will do it as soon as we can. Sorry for the Rant.

Wow.... You should wait til they are old enough to ask... They are babies not accessories. My daughter is 10 and is clear about the fact she does not at this point want them.

I think you have to wait until your little one has all of her vaccinations.

As for me..We got DD's done for her 5th birthday..we made a whole production out of it. That's all she wanted and that's what she got. We haven't had any problems with them.

As for my 3 year old..if she wants them at 5..then we will get hers done as well..if not...then we won't.

If you want to get it done when she is a baby I don't see anything wrong with that. My choices don't have to be yours...she's your child.

babies are beautiful as they are! and don't need holes put in their precious little bodies purely for superficial reasons

in my opinion I think pierced ears look awful on a little baby. :(

i think theyre cute! op asked when to get them done, not if you thought its terrible, or looks tacky! i woyld wait for a year at least. my first got hers done at 3. it wasnt traumatic, she didnt cry or they didnt get infected. shes seven and loves changing her earrings:) and people saying babies are accessories, dont you put your kids in fashionable clothes and do their hair? if babies are are so cute as they are (and i believe they are) then why not keep them in comfortable sleepers?

i think theyre cute! op asked when to get them done, not if you thought its terrible, or looks tacky! i woyld wait for a year at least. my first got hers done at 3. it wasnt traumatic, she didnt cry or they didnt get infected. shes seven and loves changing her earrings:) and people saying babies are accessories, dont you put your kids in fashionable clothes and do their hair? if babies are are so cute as they are (and i believe they are) then why not keep them in comfortable sleepers?

I believe your referring to my post and first of actually yes I do keep my babies in comfortable sleepers whilst they are little. . . .

and I think that point is a bit ott yes people do put their kids in cute outfits but that don't damage their bodys so I can't see how you can compare the 2 ? my post was just pointing out that babies do not need their bodies changing to look cute . . .

no, i was referring to the post saying babies werent accessories.

Cute clothes fine but body modification??

As a adult if your husband gave you no choice. Pinned you down and pierced your belly button because he thought it looked pretty would that be ok because it didn't hurt for long or didn't get infected?

I got my little girls done just after she was one. For the simple reason, she understood when I told her it was okay when I comforted her. She only cried before the second ear was done as she knew it hurt. She was so brave and I'm
Glad I had them done. Wouldn't do it any earlier though in my opinion. They've never been infected and healed almost immediately as she never played with them. X

Lol body mods are not the same as cute or ugly clothes but nice try ;). In response to your response to my post. Besides its merely my opinion.

thanks! i just think this whole thing is wacky! its JUST EARRINGS! people!

It's a fair point, as a adult a piercing without consent would be wrong I don't understand how that same respect isn't extended to babies

yeah and the child grows up having earrings not knowing any difference. infact they prob will love it, changing different earrings etc:)

I don't understand why people feel the need to be so forceful of their opinion? The op asked when she could pierce her baby's ears, and stated that she is definitely doing it so why feel the need to push your opinions onto her? Some of these comments are quite insulting in my opinion, making out that those who have had their child's ears pierced have inflicted disgusting pain upon them. To be honest my daughter was fine
Cried for a few seconds and got on with it. Again another thread thats gone sour.

But I don't see how that is q decision us parents can make. I don't own my children or their bodies.

she WHEN others have done it, so yes we can let her know when we did and then she can make her decision. if you havent gotten it done, or dont agree with it, DONT POST!

This is so ott.... she didnt ask any of you for your opinion only what it a good age. Its a personal choice.
You do own your child by the way, you held her for 9 months and you pyshed her out, you decide what she wears and eats, and when older you make her clean her room, decides when a good time to date is, when to be home ect...... so yes in a way you do own her till she owns herself. So it is up to the parent to decide.

I remember getting my ears done ans to be honest I would not have cared if it was done as a baby, I would not have remembered anyways, you get your babys vitamin k jab done at birth then at 6 weeks and so on SO whats the big deal and the difference

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->