When did you conceive/How long does sperm really last?

volumeone

Reaction score
Hi ladies.
The husband and I have had no luck with the last 4 cycles. I'm pretty bummed because I O the day before Thanksgiving and Christmas these next two months and the # of times we'll be able to BD is limited

This cycle we will only get to BD 2 days prior to O (today) and 3 days prior to O (last night) and Christmas will be a similar situation.

What I want to know is if you conceived before you O'd and how hopeful can I really be only BD'ing 2-3 days prior to O and not being able to on O day itself? I know sperm can last up to 3 days but with so little BD'ing, do we have a chance?

When did you conceive?

We were ttc for 10 months and only got a BFP on the month where we BD the day before ovulation. Although my best friend was ttc and her husband went on a business trip so they only were able to BD 3 days before ovulation. To her surprise that one time only led to her now 2 year old daughter.

Honestly I think it's a combination of sperm quality and CM quality. If you don't tend to get a lot of EWCM, I'd suggest trying some preseed, as that's the stuff that nourishes the sperm and allows them to live longer until the egg pops.

Im not 100% sure as I wasnt tracking things when I got pregnant, but i do know when we bded etc cos I left the country! That month I started af on the 5th (started during the fireworks on bonfire night lol which is why i remember) finished on the 12th, so cd7. We bded on the 13th, 14th and 15th, cd 8, 9 and 10 of a 33 day average cycle...and I left the country on the 15th. So where you'd expect me to O on cd 19 or so, the last possible time we had...input was cd10. So even if I O'd early, it must have been a good few days in advance!

This time i got pregnant i went on holiday without oh i left on the saturday bd on the morning and ovulated on the monday/tuesday so 2-3 days before ovulation i was very suprised to get my bfp, good luck x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->