When did you first leave lo?

Lovemybump1

Reaction score
Just out of curiosity really. I leave ds with dh once a week for a couple of hours so that I can go to slimming club, but I've never left him anyone else. Dh and I decided last night that we are going to have a date night. So, next Saturday we will be leaving ds for the first time. He will be 10 weeks old. He will be in his cot for the night so hopefully he will be asleep the whole time and it will be my mum looking after him. I don't know whether I'm more nervous or excited!!

I left Logan with OH when he was 3 months old from 7am-8pm, i had to have an operation so had no choice but to leave him. I haven't left him since, even with OH.
I'm coming round to the idea of someone watching him while I go out with OH, but i still dont feel ready :nope:

Hope you enjoy your date night :thumbup:

When she was maybe 5 weeks, my mother kept her overnight..I sent an expressed bottle with her

Bellas is 6.5 weeks old and so far i have left her with my mum for 1.5 hours so i could go to the shops in peace! I also left her with my oh to do food shopping but i phoned him twice in that time haha. I dont think i will leave B with anyone overnight until she is sttn!

I left her with my mum when she was 5 days, for an hour at most. We had to shoot into town and get me bigger nursing bras! First left her at 2 months old for 2 hours while we went for a meal. Not ready to leave her for longer than that yet!!

Left them both for a couple of hours when they came home from the hospital so we could have lunch...left them with my mom. I've never had an issue leaving them with my parents, because I trust them. They watch them while dh and I work, and sometimes let us have dates.

I dont have an issue leaving him every now and then as I no hes in safe hands. I wont be leaving him overnight though as I dont feel we have any reason for him to stay with anyone else.
I usually go see a friend once a week she finishes work close to 8 so feel bad dragging him with me as its close to his bedtime.
Iv also just went to the theatre the ither night and left him for 4 hours but I always have my phone close to me and its only ever the grandparents or oh who looks after him .

We forst left him when he was 2 weeks old to go to the cinema for oh's bday - we were gone less than 3 hours

I had to get my grandparents to take him for a few hours yesterday as me and the OH had a sickness bug. Thats the first time he has been with anyone other than me or his dad :( I missed him so much! He is 19.5 weeks old.

I think I first left lo for a few hours when she was about 3 months old, she's still not stayed over night anywhere; we've had no reason to leave her over night and she's only just started sttn (ish minus a couple of wakes, but for us this is sttn!) xx

Definitely don't think I'd cope with leaving him overnight yet!! A couple of hours is going to be enough for now :)

With my first, four days old.not by choice i had an ovarian torsion and had emergency surgery. I was asked if i wanted to stay at the hospital another night and it was recommended to get my rest. I said no and high tailed it home lol i think 2 months old was first voluntary stay at grandparents over night and with our second it was his first night over at the grandparents last night:) i missed him butt me and oh wanted a night to ourselves too get silly lol

I don't want to admit it but we haven't really left lo yet! I mean while hubby's at work I left lo with sister to run to store, etc. or I've gone out to see friends once lo is in bed for night but hubby stays home.

My first time away was 2 weeks ago for 6 hours, lo stayed with hubby.

Our first time away together is in 3 weeks - so lo will be 8 months!

I left him when he was about 4 months old from 3pm-10pm for a wedding. And overnight at 5months, but I was in hospital for a miscarriage.

Oliver was 2 years old when I left him with someone for the whole day. and closer to 3 when he first stayed away over night.

ETA when he Oliver was 2 weeks I left him with my mum for 1 hour lol

Not by choice ds was 6m
Mil lied to dh saying i allowed her to take him for a playdate. I didnt. It took til almost 3 and a family emergency for her to get him overnight even, for the first time

Second overnights, i was in the hospital having my dd. 3rd overnight, he came back telling us he hated us, and didn't want to live with us. He will never spend the night again.

Dd was watched at 6m, we went with ds too, to see a movie.

Our anniversary is coming up. Pretty sure if we go to dinner, it will be a family dinner!

I left lo with my mum at 4 weeks for like 20 mins whilst DH and I walked to the shop and back. From 6 weeks I have left her 2 hours every week while I go to a Pilates class. I haven't left her over night yet, that will be happening a week on sat when we are celebrating my dh 30th birthday!

We left ds with his grandparents when he was 10 weeks old - just for a few hours...He has stayed overnight there twice when he was 9 months and 14 months (approx). I sobbed at the hospital after I gave birth to my dd as I thought that I would have to stay in for at least 2 nights, and I would miss him too much. He was in bed when I went into labour with her so I was completely gutted I never got to say goodbye to him and give him a kiss - so 2 nights was like the impossible!! ;-(

With dd she has never stayed overnight yet (she is very much a mummys girl and would be devastated away from me for 2 long)... she has stayed with the other set of grandparents for a few hours but was inconsolable (my little softy!! lol)

Go enjoy it, have fun... and talk about that baby I can promise you that is all you will do when your out! lol :)

with DD left her overnight at my MIL's at around three months., she loves spending nights at grandma now since grandma spoils her rotten and lets her do whatever her heart desires :) First time I left DD, I woke up a different, sane person :)

with DS, haven't left him for longer than an hour yet and only with his daddy and sister while he was sleeping peacefully. I do breastfeed so that complicates things. But I am scheming to get him to my MIL as soon as he starts taking EBM bottles. Which I haven't tried yet :)

DS: 7 months from 7am-3pm. Overnight 21 months, when I was in hospital after having DD.
DD: 12 weeks for 1.5 hours with DH, haven't left her with anyone else yet and hopefully won't have to for a good while. I know she'd be fine, it's me that would suffer :dohh:. Overnight will probably be either when she's about 2.5 if I can convince DH to have a 3rd LO, or in 18 years when she leaves for university :rofl:.

First overnight away from both kids was the same night. It was the night DD was born. She was very ill in NICU and couldn't be with me. I felt awful my first night as a mum of 2 and I couldn't be with either of my babies. DS was 13 months and DD was about 6 hours old. :-(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->