When did you wean?

brownhairedmom

Reaction score
Who has weaned at 4 months? 6 months? Before/later? How did your LO take to it at that age? Any issues?

5.5 months (to three meals a day) and nope no problems

6 months it will b for me. Only 2 weeks left! She's growing up sooo quickly!

with as much as Renah eats though I'd talk to her doctor about doing it sooner though.

at five months I started Alexa on a little bit of cereal, because she was showing signs of weaning- and when I say a little bit of cereal I mean a tablespoon a day. She started two meals a day a little after 6 months...

I started a bit of cereal at 4 months, but now at 5 months I am not doing it very often. I will probably start a regular schedule around 6 months. I tried to give her some during her last feed (either cereal or a veggie/fruit) and she kept falling asleep before I gave it to her, so I kinda gave up.

5 and half months and no problems.

with as much as Renah eats though I'd talk to her doctor about doing it sooner though.

Yeah I'm going to ask our public health nurse next week when she gets her second set of needles. If she just pushes the 6 month thing I'm going to make an appointment with our GP.

I would. Everywhere I've read says 42 ounces of formula a day max and they should be weaned. Renah has surpassed that. I would definitely think hard about weaning around 4 months

Ok, now what definition of weaning are we going by here?? lol. I put before 3 months.. But she isnt weaned to 3 meals... shes only weaned to 1-2... That is what I consider weaning. When you begin giving food.

Ok, now what definition of weaning are we going by here?? lol. I put before 3 months.. But she isnt weaned to 3 meals... shes only weaned to 1-2... That is what I consider weaning. When you begin giving food.

Yeah that's what I mean

I started weaning Colton at 9/10 weeks. He took to it very well.. loved his food and was eating half a jar in no time! :shock:
He was taking 4oz bottles when I weaned him, he wouldn't take more than that at one feed; but was wanting them more often (every 1-2 hours MAX) and was the same through the night.
At 3mo he started on a spoon (was fed through a feeder bottle before then) and took to that very well too. By four months he couldn't get enough and was eating a whole stage 1 jar three times a day! Along side about 30oz of formula.
He has always been a big hungry boy though.. :)

I weaned Dec slightly before 4 months, the child was starving, he needed something to keep him going throughout the day !!!! Lol we had no probs and he still loves his food to this day.

I started Jay at 5 months but he is literally having a few mouthfuls of baby rice with veg mixed in to get him used to it :D I'll start him on 3 meals a day around 6 months.

xx

First taste of food at just over 5 1/2 months and progressed very quickly and easily (so far!) to 3 meals of proper food in a couple of weeks.

He is a big boy (25 lb weight now) and was a MASSIVE milk drinker until he started solids. I offered him food at 4 months but he didn't know how to chew/ swallow so that was that I just waited until he did know.

6 months- shes still not overly interested now, wont finger feed or eat lumps

It's not in the poll but I started weaning at 5 months and Sam's always been great with food :D ...he was 6 months before he was on 3 meals a day though - maybe a bit older x

I'm calling and making a dr's appt tomorrow. She's already at 47 ounces today and she hasn't even had her last feed yet. Something needs to be done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->