When did you wean?

I'm calling and making a dr's appt tomorrow. She's already at 47 ounces today and she hasn't even had her last feed yet. Something needs to be done.

you should try her on some rice hun....

I started Maley on rice at 2 and a half months....she would have rice for lunch....now she has...... 8oz bottle at 10am, rice for lunch at 1, 8oz bottle about 4pm, dinner at 7pm (winter vegetables or something like that) then another 8oz bottle before bed at 9pm (but she doesnt always finish this)....and she was weighed three weeks ago at her last injections and weighed 11lb 7oz which was underweight for her age!!!

She's on rice and oatmeal. I just don't know if I should be starting "real" food.

oh...i was wondering when to start "real food" too......dont like things out of a box/jar

I'm calling and making a dr's appt tomorrow. She's already at 47 ounces today and she hasn't even had her last feed yet. Something needs to be done.

:shock: Wow that's a lot... hope your doctor can help :hugs: x

i started katie at 11 weeks. we managed on just rice til last week and now she's had sweet potato and parsnip and loves them! i'd defo see about starting her on something else, she's a really big girl after all!!

I started Lola on baby cereal at 4 1/2 months and then began giving her veggies and food at 5 months. She took realy well to it and we're progressing great.

Definitely talk to Renah's doctor. I know they are really strict about it here but some babies ARE ready before others. I was told by the health nurse NO but Lolas pediatricien saw the bigger picture and said to go ahead and now her weight gain and apetite are better than ever.

4.5 mnths, she wasn't gain weight that well and was showing signs, she took to it really well and started sleeping more than just 2hours at a time!

Just started on baby rice for a week or so then introduced veggies etc

I weaned my little one before 4 months due to frequent feeding and the fact she started waking in the night for bottle. she is now sixteen weeks and today has just moved to three solid feeds a day (small ones), but I am only using baby rice or baby cereal products. Next week when she reaches 17 weeks I will be adding fruit and veg to diet.

Aw well I have an appt made with the doc for March 20th so only a few more weeks of gorging herself on milk :rofl:

4 months as he was very hungry and not putting on weight properly. We had no problems at all. Never blended anything just mashed and he's been no bother :)

xxx

i started my son about a week and half ago as he cut down loads on milk so thought it was time, he has to meals brekkie n dinner , he took to it really well only prob we had was baby rice - he hated it. x

6 months for me and jack. no problems at. he took to it brilliantly x x

i'm amazed 12 people have already voted for the fact they weaned before 4 months. Thats just medically wrong. And dangerous surely?

5 months for us as LO was watching us eat and making chewing movements. I was feeling guilty eating while he starred at me!!!Started him on veges and fruit purees. A tiny amount to start with.

i weaned ciaran with rice at 4 1/2 months because he was a Hungary baby, But i waited till 6 months for other stuff

I started weaning kieran at 4months, i had lots of problems with him and it took him ages to get used to lumps, Paige i decided to wait til 6months mainly because i hated weaning kieran and i was hoping that there would be less problems, and there was, she moved over to lumps alot easier and was eating 'our' food at 10months maybe 9?? Can't remember now,

Good luck whatever you decide, there all different x

Harry has rice with some veggies mixed in at 1pm and 6pm and he loves it, the rest of the time he is bf every 3 hours day and night.
We started it a couple of weeks ago and he feeds really well from a spoon and is much more content since having it x

Joseph was 17 weeks, he had started waking in the night for milk again, was chewing when I ate and trying to grab my food! We started with baby rice and he took it really well, no problems with the spoon or swallowing so I was sure he was ready xx

i think a lot of young mums are often in a hurry to wean early because they think it'll be fun etc. Thats not a reason to do it.
Life was so much easier when he just had milk!:rofl:

I'm really not looking forward to weaning so will try to put it off till 6 months Apparently my Mum put me on baby rice at 10 weeks :shock: I'm still here though :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->