When do you think it's "safe"

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by keljt1127, Jun 2, 2011.

1. keljt1127

keljt1127 Well-Known Member

To try to naturally induce your labor?
    I have not really tried anything but sex .... but we werent really trying? lol

I have looked up certian things and they all say after your due date....
    but wouldnt it be considered safe after you are full term?

I will be 39 weeks on sat. is it too early to try things? :shrug:

Also if you are not dilated or anything is there really no point in trying to induce labor?

2. littleblonde

littleblonde kacey and sophie

the things to induce labour only really work if you are ready anyway. Otherwise we would be advised not walk,have sex,take baths,eat curry ect at all in pregnancy. But if your ready it may speed things up.

3. moomin_troll

moomin_troll mummy to zane and corey

i agree with above the things to bring on labour only work if ur babies actualy ready.

all u can do is relax as much as possible, go for walks, sit with ur hips higher then ur knees so baby gets into a good position and wait :/

4. littleblonde

littleblonde kacey and sophie

just noticed your single figures today. Woooohooo

5. Shell999

Shell999 Mummy to two under two!

Nothings worked for me! I just stink of clary sage!! Think they just come when ready!

6. leahsbabybump

leahsbabybump Mummy to 3

not a bean has worked for me and i ve tried everything i can think of :-( baby will just coem when they are ready i suppose its just a waiting game really just try not to think about it and relax as much as you can enjoy the peace and quiet while it last os you not gunna get much more of it for the 18 years hehe xx

7. alasia

alasia Well-Known Member

It's not too early at 38-39 weeks; I had a mad day when I was 36+5 of getting on my hands and knees and scrubbing the kitchen floor, cleaning the bathroom, nipple stimulation, going up and down the stairs two at a time and finally eating a kebab with lots of chilli sauce (I'm a classy laydee! hehe) and my son was born at 8.57 the next morning.

I didn't do anything with my DD and she was born bang on her due date, so this time I'll be starting 'eviction proceedings' as early as possible, probably just after 36 weeks.

8. lm81

lm81 Well-Known Member

Love it haha! :rofl:

9. mons75

mons75 Well-Known Member

Oh I can see you are 39 weeks, I was going to suggest acupuncture from 36 weeks, but a bit late there. My other suggestion is "heavy" reflexology (foot massage) x