When does doctors start checking for dilation?

Destin

Reaction score
Just wondering what week doctors begin to check you for dilation. Anyone know?

In the US it seems that they commonly start at 36 weeks. Mine said between 34 and 36 I cant remember though. But I think 36 weeks is common in US, but then again every doctor is different. Some dont do them until after you have hit your due date (but I think that is more of a common practice in the UK)

It is different everywhere. At my 36 week appt my OBGYN told me 36 weeks was too early.

Mines checking at my next appointment, which I will be 35 +4!

I'm 37 weeks and I haven't been checked yet even though I've seen my doctor twice already. I just wish I could have went with a different doctor

mine is a lazy doc too.shez calling me in every week since 35 weeks but doest check me internally.i wish i could change her.

thankgod but they dont do that at all until your in actual labour in the uk x

They checked me at 35 weeks while they did the strep b swab, because they adds down there anyway. They checked me at 37 weeks again because I was having contractions, and found that I was 1 cm, 50% effaced. They are going to check again to see I made progress.

Even though they may be down below at 36w for the Group B Strep test, they may hold off on checking dilation a bit longer. My OB didn't start checking dilation until last week (my 38w appt).

My OB will start next week at 35 weeks.

When I was pregnant with my first, I wasn't checked until I was in labor.

My doctor first checked me for dialation at 37 weeks. (Well 36 +5)

i never got checked til after my waters broke @ 40+6!

I wonder why its common practice in USA and not UK? Personally I wouldnt want them doing it anytime before 40 weeks, as I don't feel it necessary ?

I had my swab test today and Dr. checked. Im 35 weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->