when to expect a heartbeat?

Mrsgoodhart

Reaction score
I had a MMC in October and am blessed to be pregnant again. my betas rose nicely and progesterone was good, so my OB wanted me to schedule a dating ultrasound the week of 1/12. I will be between 6 and 7 weeks then- should I try and schedule it for later in the week to have a good chance of seeing a heartbeat or should it already be visible by the 12th, when I'll be 6+2?

This is, of course, assuming there's anything in there at all to see. I've been so paranoid and unable to relax with this pregnancy. :wacko:

Nope, our little miracles get their heart beats around 5 weeks! My ultrasound is scheduled for the 30th of Jan, I booked that late to make sure we will see and hear baby :)) I'll be 7 weeks at the time of my ultrasound. :)

I too have been paranoid since I found out! :S

Congratulations!! Xx

I've definitely seen people hearing heartbeats then, so you should hear/see one at your scan :flower:

I booked mine for 7+2 just in case I'm off with my dates!

I have also read that baby can have a heartbeat at 21 days! You should download a pregnancy app, mines packed with awesome info following each week of pregnancy, it has helped settle my mind a few times :)

I had a scan at 6w 6d that showed a very visible flickering heart. Didn't hear it because the tech was a jerk (Emergency room tech, not my normal doc). I heard and saw my son at 6w 5d on transvaginal ultrasound.

I saw the heartbeat at 5+4 with Thomas during a trans vaginal scan. I didn't even see the fetal pole with Sophie at 6+3 but that was an abdominal scan.

You should hear the hb with a tv scan :happydance: it will be slower in the beginning of week 6, around 100 bpm, and will be higher at the end of the week, around 120. Once hb is 120 or higher, mc risk plummets. If you are a worrier, it's nice to get a scan around the time when the hb reaches 120, which is closer to beginning of week 7 and to get the reassurance. If you are not a worry wart, go asap to see and hear the :baby: Good luck, it's the best sound in the world! And let us know how it goes!

I just had my appt yesterday at 9 weeks 2 days...saw heartbeat beating at around 150, but couldn't find it on the Doppler...hopefully next time. My dr said it was a little early. So if you don't hear it, don't be concerned.

We saw a heartbeat at 6 weeks. Baby only measured around 5+2/5+3 so apparently we were lucky however baby has since 'caught up' so really I think it always measured right it was just harder to get an accurate measurement (I have a tilted uterus). If you can is go as close to 7 weeks as possible the it also leaves room for a discrepancy in dates as even a day or two can make a huge difference early on

:flow:

Seen mine at 6w6d :) the cutesg thing I have ever seen!! I really wished I could of got an measurement but he was in a hurry I guess :( but Thursday I prob will head it BC I have an appt then with my regular doctor.

With my first pregnancy, I did my first u/s at 6 weeks. I saw a big heartbeat and a small packman lol. My first appt this time will be at 8 weeks exactly. I wanted to wait longer this time, even though I'm worried as heck about the baby. I know it doesn't make sense. But I wanted a better pic this time, although it's not going to be that much better than a 6 week, and I wanted to do the 8 week u/s so I can tell my parents that weekend. If I did the u/s earlier I won't be able to hold back and I didn't want to tell them that early just in case, if that makes sense. =p I'm too paranoid about a MC this time around.

5w3d no fetal pole/HB, 6w4d fetal pole with HB 119! :) if can make it for end of sixth week that would better

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->