When you're Trying, but OH is NTNP...

Zeri

Reaction score
Sigh....it can really suck. Our timing over the last few months have really sucked. I've very in tune with my body and know when I'm Oing. When I tried jumping in on O day in January, he wasn't "in the mood". So that cycle went by with nothing....:cry: In February, I tried jumping him again on O day(lunchtime), only to find out he had masturbated iearlier that morning!!! :nope::cry: WTH!!!! This month, March, I had to travel and came back on O day...so this month was a wash too. I feel like this is never going to happen with the type of timing we've had!!! What makes it worse is that DH's sex drive seems to be so low at the moment!! It's stressful sometimes trying to get him to BD at the righh times!!:cry:

Just venting right now and wondering if anyone else is going through this... :(

Sigh....it can really suck. Our timing over the last few months have really sucked. I've very in tune with my body and know when I'm Oing. When I tried jumping in on O day in January, he wasn't "in the mood". So that cycle went by with nothing....:cry: In February, I tried jumping him again on O day(lunchtime), only to find out he had masturbated iearlier that morning!!! :nope::cry: WTH!!!! This month, March, I had to travel and came back on O day...so this month was a wash too. I feel like this is never going to happen with the type of timing we've had!!! What makes it worse is that DH's sex drive seems to be so low at the moment!! It's stressful sometimes trying to get him to BD at the righh times!!:cry:

Just venting right now and wondering if anyone else is going through this... :(

I was literally just thinking, "is anyone trying with an OH NTNP?"
We were both meant to be NTNP but I just want it so much now.
I hope you get a BFP soon! just have fun BDing! xxx

Thanks zilla! :) Sometimes it's hard to just relax and BD.... DH's sex drive isn't as it should be, so it's up to me to make sure we BD at the right time, or it just won't happen. :( Sigh.. Will see what happens this month though!

How long have you been trying? I hope you get your BFP soon too!

Totally understand you my dh also has somewhat lower sex drive then a normal person his age cause he has a lot more responsibility from work and bills then a person his age usually does and my husband also has somewhat of a ntnp attitude though he knows we are trying its frustrating at times specially when it your husbands not in the mood that is not what it is suppose to be like its suppose tobe the wife lol anyways to try and get him in the mood have you tried buying some lingerie and just poppin out it in and doing your hair and makeup how it like it or sometime jut dress and look sexybut don't act to him like your interested it seems to do a reverse psychology thing to a man lol

Thanks zilla! :) Sometimes it's hard to just relax and BD.... DH's sex drive isn't as it should be, so it's up to me to make sure we BD at the right time, or it just won't happen. :( Sigh.. Will see what happens this month though!

How long have you been trying? I hope you get your BFP soon too!

oh bless you! I'm just coming off the pill 7 weeks ago ..... so I'm not even sure if we are doing it at the right time yet.
We've been trying 7 weeks :)
Thanks ! It's so exciting.
Are you charting or temping or anything?x

Thanks jessa! I did try the lingerie thing a couple years ago....not recently. Maybe it's time to break them out again! Hopefully it works!

zilla - I don't chart temps anymore, but check my cervical mucus and other fertile signs. I also use opks.

When are you guys ovulating this month? Maybe we can be buddies!

Thanks jessa! I did try the lingerie thing a couple years ago....not recently. Maybe it's time to break them out again! Hopefully it works!

zilla - I don't chart temps anymore, but check my cervical mucus and other fertile signs. I also use opks.

I'd go with the buddies!!!:happydance:
I THINK I o'd at the weekend, had EWCM for 2 days (didnt temp or anything, cycles are all over since coming off the pill), have been really bloated and crampy the past 2 days though so maybe it's just AF on the way :|
where are you in your cycle?xx

I THINK I o'd at the weekend, had EWCM for 2 days (didnt temp or anything, cycles are all over since coming off the pill), have been really bloated and crampy the past 2 days though so maybe it's just AF on the way :|

Did you get any BD in when you had the ewcm? :flower:

I'm in the most boring part of my cycle. CD4 - waiting to O sometime next week, hopefully.

Did you get any BD in when you had the ewcm? :flower:

I'm in the most boring part of my cycle. CD4 - waiting to O sometime next week, hopefully.

well ,, unfortunately my OH was away on the Thursday and Friday! typical!
Had EWCM on the Fri and Sat, so think I O'd on the Sat or the Sun ...
BD'd Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday .. hope that it;s enough!
(have been Bding every day since, just in case I O late!

do you BD every other day?xx

It's great that you got to BD on the Saturday and Sunday, especially if you were Oing around that time. Thursday and Friday Bds would've been great too....but hey! It only takes one well-timed BD in order to get pg. Everytime I've gotten pg in the past, it's been a one-shot BD on or close to O day. So I think your chances are pretty good. When are you planning to test? I'm rooting for you! :)

As far as me BDing every other day - no way! DH and I aren't big BDers really. DH is 44 and so is sex drive isn't what it used to be. I usually use opks and try to get in a bit of BD before O. It's usually just once, if anything. :)

thanks lovely!! I probably won't test until 14 dpo if AF doesn't show.. think I'm 4/5dpo now. (although I bet I'll get to 12dpo and get impatient!)
HAd WEIRD cramps this week, like shooting pains and cramps and streching like AF? odd.
ahh fair enough, how old are you if you dont mind me asking?
I would do the whole OPK thing but think my cycles might still be off a bit after the pill xxx
:dust:

That's interesting about the cramps! :flower:

I'm olddddddd - 35 years, 36 in June. :) I have a daughter who'll be 3 in November. Would love to experience pregnancy again. How old are you? This is #1 for you, right? Does your OH have any children already?

That's interesting about the cramps! :flower:

I'm olddddddd - 35 years, 36 in June. :) I have a daughter who'll be 3 in November. Would love to experience pregnancy again. How old are you? This is #1 for you, right? Does your OH have any children already?

I know! I'm keeping my Fxd.
aww, whats she called? will she be excited about a brother or sister?
Just literally had a shooting pain in my lower tummy .. eep :s
I'm 22 ... and nope, it's his first too!
I feel quite young in the forum .. I feel old to my friends though! they all live at home and go out partying ... whereas I've got a house with my OH, a good job & I'm doing an OU degree.
I'm so excited though.
How long have you been trying this time? did it take long the first time round?x

Oooh..Interesting about the shooting pains! Hope it means something good!

My daughter's name is Dalila, which means 'gentle', except that she's not...hehe! She's very spunky and spirited. I think she would love a brother/sister to run around with, but we'll see! With her, it only two months (on Clomid). It's taking a bit longer than I thought it would to have baby #2, though. I conceived twice last year, but had a mc at 9 weeks, and then a chemical pregnancy at 4 weeks back in Dec. :(

Hope the weekend brings you lots of symptoms! :) Not sure I'll be around the forums much (so much housework to do :()but will check back with you on Monday!

Oooh..Interesting about the shooting pains! Hope it means something good!

My daughter's name is Dalila, which means 'gentle', except that she's not...hehe! She's very spunky and spirited. I think she would love a brother/sister to run around with, but we'll see! With her, it only two months (on Clomid). It's taking a bit longer than I thought it would to have baby #2, though. I conceived twice last year, but had a mc at 9 weeks, and then a chemical pregnancy at 4 weeks back in Dec. :(

Hope the weekend brings you lots of symptoms! :) Not sure I'll be around the forums much (so much housework to do :()but will check back with you on Monday!

me too! Keep cramping today so who knows.
thats such a gorgeous name! aaww :)
I'm sorry to hear about that :(
I'm TRYING not to symptom spot but I always do!
Will you go back onto Clomid?
ahh bless you, I should be doing some housework and stuff but I'm sitting on B&B instead, I spend more time on here now than I do on FB!
Have a lovely weekend!
xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Oh my! I just got really excited when I saw this thread. Ive been saying I'm NTNP, but the more I go on with this I'm deff more TTC, but my bf is NTNP. He doesn't care if I'm taking bc and we don't use condoms... But were not really planning on a baby. I had a mc in feb and right now I'm just trying regulate my cycle, but a BFP would be amazing soon.

Hi Keewee! Sorry to hear about your mc. :( So are you planning to monitor your fertile signs going forward?

Hey zilla! How many dpo are you today? The cramping can be a very good sign!

As for me - I'm CD 9 today. Hopefully gearing up to O this weekend or a few days later. Feeling a bit anxious as DH and I tried to BD on Sunday but he didn't 'finish'/ lost his erection. I'm worried about that happening this weekend! :( Sigh... sometimes I hate that this process is so much out of my control!

Hi Keewee! Sorry to hear about your mc. :( So are you planning to monitor your fertile signs going forward?

As for me - I'm CD 9 today. Hopefully gearing up to O this weekend or a few days later. Feeling a bit anxious as DH and I tried to BD on Sunday but he didn't 'finish'/ lost his erection. I'm worried about that happening this weekend! :( Sigh... sometimes I hate that this process is so much out of my control!

Hi Keewee:flower:

Zeri - I'm 9dpo .. have been cramping today too! Not sure, haven't really had any other signs if I'm honest.
Oh no I'm sorry to hear that .. was he drinking? my OH always has it when he's had a couple :| maybe it was stress?
I hate the waiting and the "am I ?" "aren't i?" every day!
ps, read a fab book over the weekend: The Two Week Wait by Sarah Rayner.
xx

I'm starting to monitor them. This will be the first time I'm going to keep full track of my cycle and I started bbt charting too. I started it today but I think I should void it, I have a fever :( I'm not ready to go all out and buy things like fertilaid and such though.

How's everyone doing?

Can I join you ladie?? I'm in the same boat!! Oh is ntnp and I am somewhat ttc.. I only see oh 2 days a week due to his job.. I think I was gearing up to ov this weekend.. He woke me up early sat morning which was a nice surprise.. But Sunday night when I tried to get him to bd he wasn't having any of it :( so frusterating!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->