When you're Trying, but OH is NTNP...

Hi ladies!
Welcome skeet, and smidey and Sara Jewel!

I was busy with work over the last couple days, so wasn’t able to check in.

Zilla! are you 11 dpo now? You were planning to wait till AF’s late to test right? In my first BFP cycle I had no symptoms at all, just tested on a whim. Most symptoms don’t kick in until 6 weeks anyway. Fingers still crossed for you!

smidey - did AF show for you?
skeet - sorry to hear about your losses. :( That must've been hard. I've had 2 losses myself, one at 9 weeks, and the other was a chemical pregnancy. My first pregnancy was totally fine - she's 2 years old now. Have you had any testing done to see if there was anything causing the losses?
sarajewel - sorry to hear about AF showing... :( It's such a bummer isn't it?? I convince myself I'm pregnant everytime too...and I swear I do have symptoms...but then the witch still shows. It's really hard to take sometimes. How long have you been trying?

AFM - I'm CD13 today, with no sign of fertile mucus. I usually have something by now. I was hoping to get DH to BD sometime this weekend, and then hopefully ovulate by Monday, but now I think O is going to be delayed. Sigh!!! I feel like this is another month going down the drain... :(

Hello :)
I tested today after I was feeling really tired ... and BFP :happydance:

How is everyone else?x :dust:

WOW!! CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU!! :happydance: That's awesome! Wow, that was fast too!! :happydance: see you can get a bfp with no symptoms! I guess all that cramping meant something good, toO! :)

Have you told your DH yet? Oh my, how do you feel??? Were you shocked when you saw the bfp?

Hi ladies!

Zilla! are you 11 dpo now? You were planning to wait till AF’s late to test right? In my first BFP cycle I had no symptoms at all, just tested on a whim. Most symptoms don’t kick in until 6 weeks anyway. Fingers still crossed for you!

skeet - sorry to hear about your losses. :( That must've been hard. I've had 2 losses myself, one at 9 weeks, and the other was a chemical pregnancy. My first pregnancy was totally fine - she's 2 years old now. Have you had any testing done to see if there was anything causing the losses?
sarajewel - sorry to hear about AF showing... :( It's such a bummer isn't it?? I convince myself I'm pregnant everytime too...and I swear I do have symptoms...but then the witch still shows. It's really hard to take sometimes. How long have you been trying?

AFM - I'm CD13 today, with no sign of fertile mucus. I usually have something by now. I was hoping to get DH to BD sometime this weekend, and then hopefully ovulate by Monday, but now I think O is going to be delayed. Sigh!!! I feel like this is another month going down the drain... :(

WOW!! CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU!! :happydance: That's awesome! Wow, that was fast too!! :happydance: see you can get a bfp with no symptoms! I guess all that cramping meant something good, toO! :)

Have you told your DH yet? Oh my, how do you feel??? Were you shocked when you saw the bfp?

Thank you !! :hugs:
Yep I told him after I did the test, he's really excited too :)
I was soooo poorly last night ! I was really sick, not sure if it's due to the baba, or if it's because I drank 2 litres of orange juice in my eagerness to get more folic acid down me :haha: :dohh:
I was SO shocked! I wasn't going to test until at least 14 dpo, but on 13dpo I was so so tired (I had 12 hours sleep on Thursday night, and then on Friday I got up at 11am, then was driving at 2pm and had to get my OH to take over driving as I was too tired!)
so then we got the test and I watched a big, fat, thick, strong pink line appear on a FRER. :happydance::happydance:

How are you?Xxx

Zilla: Wow, that is so exciting, congrats to you and your OH!!!!

Zeri, we have been ttc for 7 months, OH has problems with pressure affecting his ability to finish but I think things are improving slowly. Yeah I was bummed about AF showing up but feel better now, a new month and all that! How are you doing? How long have you been ttc? x

Took the words right out of my mouth on this one. We're NTNP but I want it so much now, and Im sure he feels the same way to otherwise there would be some kind of prevention! Only been NTNP since december but since that has happened I just can't help wanting to be pregnant. It may sound selfish, hoping other women understand where I'm coming from as it's sometimes hard to explain.

X

Took the words right out of my mouth on this one. We're NTNP but I want it so much now, and Im sure he feels the same way to otherwise there would be some kind of prevention! Only been NTNP since december but since that has happened I just can't help wanting to be pregnant. It may sound selfish, hoping other women understand where I'm coming from as it's sometimes hard to explain.

X

Hi Katiee, yep, it's true, as soon as you get into the mindset about wanting it to happen, I think it can become overwhelming! I thought I would be able to take it easy when we started, but to be honest, I got a bit obsessed, put too much pressure on OH, and this ended up in tears (performance anxiety). So I am more chilled now, at least on the outside anyway!

I really want to be pregnant too. My OH is happy for us to have a baby, but to be honest, he would be equally happy if I had decided I didn't want to! I guess some guys don't have the same urge/maternal/paternal instinct, whereas other guys I know are desperate to have kids!

Good luck, I know it's hard but try not to put too much pressure on yourself :)

Sarahjewel

Im so glad I'm not the only one. It is true though, as soon as you set your mind on it, it's all you can think about. I think I just need to relax about it as it takes up so much of my time worrying if I can even get pregnant. Every time my partner mentions about having kids I always reply with 'that's IF I can have children' but he's always very supportive telling me it will happen soon.

Hoping 2013 will be the year for many of us.

My DH is NTNP but told me we would actively TTC when our daughter turned 1 year old. So the month she turned 1 he told me that he didn't want another baby yet. We have been NTNP since July 2011. I have been ttc since February 2012. He is so wishy washy and it is frustrating. He will tell me he really wants another baby and says we will try and a week later he says he doesn't want to try but wants to NTNP. He sends me mixed signals all the time. It is so annoying. I have had fertility issues in the past and am worried that I will have them again. I am 23 years old and was told two years ago there was a better chance of hell freezing over than actually getting pregnant. So I am very thankful for my daughter but I want another baby now. Ugh! Men *rolls eyes*

Hi ladies!

Thank you !! :hugs:
Yep I told him after I did the test, he's really excited too :)
I was soooo poorly last night ! I was really sick, not sure if it's due to the baba, or if it's because I drank 2 litres of orange juice in my eagerness to get more folic acid down me :haha: :dohh:
I was SO shocked! I wasn't going to test until at least 14 dpo, but on 13dpo I was so so tired (I had 12 hours sleep on Thursday night, and then on Friday I got up at 11am, then was driving at 2pm and had to get my OH to take over driving as I was too tired!)
so then we got the test and I watched a big, fat, thick, strong pink line appear on a FRER. :happydance::happydance:

How are you?Xxx

Awesome! I can imagine how excited you both must be! :happydance: Sorry about the sick feelings though... the fatigue is definitely a pregnancy symptom. I guess it might get worse before it gets better...but all for a good cause! :)

SaraJewel - all the best for this new month! I hope your DH"s performance continues to improve. I've been ttc since last October. I got pg in Dec, but it was a chemical pregnancy. :( Hoping for a sticky bean soon.

I'm with all of you with wanting a baby really soon. I think sometimes men don't understand the desire to have children. And they don't have a biological clock to think about either. :(

Katysmama - can I ask what fertility issue you have? Your daughter is adorable!

AFM - CD 16 and my OPk seems to be getting darker. But I don't see any ewcm at all! It's concerning. I'm on Clomid again this cycle and I think it might be messing up my cm. :( Sigh!! I really hope this month isn't going to be a bust. Will see if I can DH to BD tonight... I hope it works!

Congrats Zilla!!

Zeri- I've had no testing done for my losses as the ob believes that because they are all different types of losses its just a run of bad luck..she said one more loss ( either ectopic or mc) she will begin testing.. However when I do get my bfp I'm supposed to call her asap and she will get me in for an early scan and start me on hormone supplements to help my body keep it

Sorry for this downer me-centric post... :( I truly don't know how much more of this I can take.

This morning my Opk was blaring positive, so I knew I would be O'ing sometime tonight. I went home lunchtime ( I live close to work) to try to entice DH to BD (he works from home). He turned me down and said he had masturbated earlier this morning!!! WTH!!!! :shrug::nope::cry: This is the second time he's done this on my O day!!! He doesn't know when I'm Oing (it changes every cycle), but I just can't believe this is happening again!! Of all days????? :cry:

I'm just so depressed and numb and broken. :( This is just too hard. I"m having O pains right now and nothing.... I feel like I'm never going to get pregnant at this rate!! :cry: So sad.

Sorry for this downer me-centric post... :( I truly don't know how much more of this I can take.

This morning my Opk was blaring positive, so I knew I would be O'ing sometime tonight. I went home lunchtime ( I live close to work) to try to entice DH to BD (he works from home). He turned me down and said he had masturbated earlier this morning!!! WTH!!!! :shrug::nope::cry: This is the second time he's done this on my O day!!! He doesn't know when I'm Oing (it changes every cycle), but I just can't believe this is happening again!! Of all days????? :cry:

I'm just so depressed and numb and broken. :( This is just too hard. I"m having O pains right now and nothing.... I feel like I'm never going to get pregnant at this rate!! :cry: So sad.

I'm so sorry you're feeling like this my lovely.
what timing! :hugs::hugs::hugs:
you'll get there, promise xxx

SaraJewel - all the best for this new month! I hope your DH"s performance continues to improve. I've been ttc since last October. I got pg in Dec, but it was a chemical pregnancy. :( Hoping for a sticky bean soon.

I'm with all of you with wanting a baby really soon. I think sometimes men don't understand the desire to have children. And they don't have a biological clock to think about either. :(

Katysmama - can I ask what fertility issue you have? Your daughter is adorable!

AFM - CD 16 and my OPk seems to be getting darker. But I don't see any ewcm at all! It's concerning. I'm on Clomid again this cycle and I think it might be messing up my cm. :( Sigh!! I really hope this month isn't going to be a bust. Will see if I can DH to BD tonight... I hope it works![

When I was 21 I was diagnosed as entering menopause prematurely. I was not ovulating and the first pregnancy I had barely registered at 9 weeks because of my hormonal levels being too low. I miscarried. Two months later I was pregnant again but at high risk for losing my daughter because of low hormones. It was a rough pregnancy but well worth the worry. I had been given a 50% chance of losing her if I took the medication given to me but had a 75% chance of losing her without the medication. Also I have been diagnosed with ovarian cysts and when I get them they get so large that my fallopian tubes are blocked and my ovulation os delayed sometimes by weeks and sometimes by months. I am being monitored for endometrosis at this time because of the severity of my cysts and because it is hereditary. Also I have a negative blood type so I am worried that the next pregnancy will end like the first one did or be much like my 2nd pregnancy. Pregnancy was very difficult on me because my hormones were low and from what my doctor said my body wouldn't register it was supposed to go into labor, my hips didn't spread, I couldn't dismayed and was overdue by a week and had to have an emergency csection. So even though I know all pregnancies are different I still have fears and am very worried. And thank you I think she is the most gorgeous gift I have ever been blessed with!

GRRRR!!!! I feel your frusterations!!! My Oh does that too me all the time!! When he was unemployed for a bit it was even more of an issue!!! I would get so mad at him...but I couldnt tell him i was oving or he would get stage fright!!! I feel your lose lose situation!! Try bding tomorrow!! Its good to get one in atleast one day after

This is our 2nd cycle of NTNP! he is all non chelant about it...and I am secretly OBSESSING!!!! :( I just realized that I want a baby so bad. Last cycle was our honeymoon and I'm pretty sure we BD'd on the right days, and even other days and got my AF on the 26th last month!! :(

This month we have been BD'ing occasionlly..in my opinion it should be more! especially because i was O'ing this past weekend..we only did it on the 2, 3rd, 5th, and 8th! hopefully we do it tonight. Every other time I tried he wasnt in the mood! :| I should be due for AF on the 24..so we'll see!!!!

Katysmama - wow, I'm sorry to hear about the issues you've been struggling with. :( I can understand why you would be worried. It's great that you were able to have your daughter, despite having such a rough time, though. How many children would you like to have?

Hopeful Mrs - Sorry about AF coming last month. I really hate her sometimes! I hope she doesn't show for you this month... it sounds like you covered your bases pretty well this weekend to me.

skeet - thanks for understanding! yup - it's definitely a lose-lose situation. You can't show how emotional/angry/frustrated you really feel for fear of scaring them off...but then if they don't know how you feel...how can you stop it?? GRRRR!!! It really is frustrating! :growlmad:

Anyway, I took your advice about trying to get in some BD today.. lunchtime. I practically had to jump through hoops as he wasn't in the mood, really, and I was TRYING to be calm and nonchalant about it, but still trying to get him 'in the mood'. I wasn't really in the mood myself..but...sigh...the things we do for ttc!! Anyway, we did it. I'm not sure how much it'll help as I'm pretty sure I ovulated yesterday afternoon, and after OH masturbated yesterday he mightn't have that much sperm left. But at least I feel good that I gave it another shot. :shrug: So we'll see what happens.

they say egg stays for around 24-36 hours ...so there may still be a chance!!! Good luck!!!

Katysmama - wow, I'm sorry to hear about the issues you've been struggling with. :( I can understand why you would be worried. It's great that you were able to have your daughter, despite having such a rough time, though. How many children would you like to have?

Hopeful Mrs - Sorry about AF coming last month. I really hate her sometimes! I hope she doesn't show for you this month... it sounds like you covered your bases pretty well this weekend to me.

skeet - thanks for understanding! yup - it's definitely a lose-lose situation. You can't show how emotional/angry/frustrated you really feel for fear of scaring them off...but then if they don't know how you feel...how can you stop it?? GRRRR!!! It really is frustrating! :growlmad:

Anyway, I took your advice about trying to get in some BD today.. lunchtime. I practically had to jump through hoops as he wasn't in the mood, really, and I was TRYING to be calm and nonchalant about it, but still trying to get him 'in the mood'. I wasn't really in the mood myself..but...sigh...the things we do for ttc!! Anyway, we did it. I'm not sure how much it'll help as I'm pretty sure I ovulated yesterday afternoon, and after OH masturbated yesterday he mightn't have that much sperm left. But at least I feel good that I gave it another shot. :shrug: So we'll see what happens.

Thanks Zeri! Personally before all of these problems I wanted 4 children but the DH only wanted 2 so we compromised on three. Because of the hospital located in our area and my insurance I am not advised to have more than three because of my emergency c-section. I also will never be able to experience a vaginal delivery because it is considered too high risk. I think three children is still a great number though :)

Thanks Zeri! Personally before all of these problems I wanted 4 children but the DH only wanted 2 so we compromised on three. Because of the hospital located in our area and my insurance I am not advised to have more than three because of my emergency c-section. I also will never be able to experience a vaginal delivery because it is considered too high risk. I think three children is still a great number though :)

It is! :)

skeet - thank you! :) Hey, I see on your ticker that you're 9 dpo today? Are you planning to test anytime soon?

I don't know.. I've had so much heart break over the past few months with bfns.. I might wait until the weekend.. I've never had an early bfp do I don't know why I would expect one now lol .. I think maybe sat or Sunday I will test.. Af due monday

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->