Where and when do u listen to ur natal hypno cd?

karen1stbaby

Reaction score
I'm 27 weeks and have just received my cd in the post.
I am trying something different as I have had 2 really long 1st stage labours which resulted in epidurals and I hated them as they never worked properly (one side).
I swear the epics made it longer too so want to avoid one at all costs.

When do u guys listen to ur CDs? I was thinking in bed as I have 2 small children but scared ill fall asleep!lol!
Also can u use while driving???
Thanks xx

as it says on the cd cases DO NOT use whilst driving or operating heavy machinery.

In terms of when you listen to it, try to choose a time when you wouldn't normally be going to sleep. First thing in the morning, or the middle of the day is good. See if you can get a lunch time "break" to listen to it. Equally so, the point of the exercise is relaxation, so dont stress if you "fall asleep".

hth :)

I laid down and listened to them during the day when I took breaks from work, but I work from home, so that's a lot easier for me that it would be for most people. You shouldn't listen to them while you drive (because you kinda do fall asleep lightly while listening to them), so if your only other option is before bed then that's better than nothing. Is there any way your partner could watch the kinds for you for a little while a few times a week either in the evenings or on weekends? It says you should listen to them daily, but even at the end, I only did it 4-5 times a week and I had a great, easy birth, no need for pain relief and was dilated before I even realised it. It's an awesome method and it really does work if you put the time in to it. But some time is better than none, so if you can manage 3 nights a week while your partner watches the kids, that's still going to make a real difference for you.

Thanks guys, I didn't see the bit where it says not to drive!
I will have to do when kids go down to bed and hope I don't fall asleep all the time!
Thanks for your help. I really hope this will work after 2 stressful births! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->