Where are my October 2016 Testers! :)

I will be testing October 4!

I swear we have more supplements than GNC...

Me:
Prenatal
Vitamin D
Ubiquinol (CoQ10)
Maca
Fish oil
Evening primrose oil (CD7 to O)
Mucinex (CD11 to O)

DH:
FertilPro
CoQ10
Vitamin D
Fish oil
L-arginine

Hey MissYogi, sorry to dispute the can't hurt part, but a prenatal containing iron can be dangerous for men. They need about a third of the iron of a pregnant woman and it can build up in their systems to dangerous levels. Can I suggest a normal multivitamin instead?

I hadn't realized that! He normally takes just a multivitamin, only took the prenatal last month and for the last few days but he'll go back to the normal vitamin instead. Thanks for telling me!

Miss Yogi I'm on folic acid (spinabifida may have been the cause of my recent loss), baby asprin (prior pre-eclampsia), and prenatal (can't do pills I have the gummies) im trying to cut back on caffeine (its an addiction i swear) dh takes a men's multivitamin. Is that what you meant by do or did you mean like career wise? :haha: also I have heard prenatals aren't good for men, maybe run it by your doc?

Wish my close friend SWEARS by maca. I tried it and had dh take it too, got my bfp with my dd that way! I may add it back in....:-k

Bfitz :hugs: try not to worry, it will be a good thing because if they find anything you'll know what to fix!

Hi ladies!

I know I've been gone for a few days but I have not forgotten about any of you! I've just been extremely busy with work but will go back to read, comment, and update front page soon! :)

Okay ladies, this will be the first time TTC since my miscarriage in May.

I have a question for you all.
I have a wedding and my wedding anniversary around the time I will be trying to conceive.
I would like to enjoy a few drinks for the occasion.
Would you guys indulge or completely abstain from alcohol?

Also my period is due about 7-8 days after the wedding I will be attending do you think that is to early to test just incase I might be preggos?

thanks everyone.

Hey ladies!
I'm coming over from the September thread as AF showed today.
Little background: ttc #2 DS is almost 17 months and still nursing, which brings me to the fact that my lp hasn't been longer than 8 days. In fact this cycle it took a step in the wrong direction and was only 7. I have always had long and irregular cycles. So I love that we are talking about supplements as I am all about those. Mainly I am trying to balance my hormones hoping to shorten my follicular phase and lengthen my lp. So I am taking:
Prenatal
Vitex (chaste berry)
Omega 3
I do seed cycling (tablespoon of each pumpkin and flax during FP and sesame and sunflower during LP)
I also drink an herbal tea, one kind during FP another during the LP.
And my latest discovery I had a Mayan massage and continue to do it myself and (I know it sounds a bit crazy) vaginal steams!
Oh and no caffeine, as little sugar as I can (my addiction :) ) and very limited alcohol, maybe a drink or two a week. Healthy diet, although I could probably do better.
I look forward to chatting :) and I'm always interested if anyone else has struggled with short LP!

Jenny I don't think it'd be too early to test. A few drinks won't hurt but if you're wanting to get totally wasted I'd say maybe not try that month?

Mom15 welcome! I tried vitex before but it just didn't sit well with my stomach. I had crazy irregular cycles while breastfeeding with both of my dds! What is a vaginal steam?

Still praying - thank you that makes me feel like I'm not the only one. So a vaginal steam I think originated in anciant Korea. You boil a gallon of water and steep herbs (for example oregano, but there are others each good for sth else) about a cup if they are dry for about 10 minutes. Once the steam is not too hot anymore (and believe me it was too hot for about 30 min until it finally dawned on me to add cold water) and then you sit above the steam and cover yourself with a blanket so no steam can come out. There is more info online how it's best done. But it's supposed to be cleansing and increase fertility. The essential oils in the herbs are absorbed. This last cycle was my first with a steam and the massage. I O'ed on Cd 24 which the earliest I have ever O'ed and a week earlier than on average. I also had sooo much ewcm. I can't help but think it worked and I can only recommend it. The other effect of the steam is that it is really relaxing.
I'm so sorry about your recent loss and hope you get your rainbow baby soon!

Mom15- that sounds really interesting! Is it something you did at home, or had to go somewhere to have the mixture made?

Jenny- I'd agree with stillpraying, one or two drinks is probably fine that early because you will only be a week after ovulation so it likely will be still trying to implant and not taking any nutrients from you yet. Although I have heard that alcohol may make it harder to conceive, so if you're feeling really desperate to conceive right away, I'd stay away from alcohol.

So I've decided that I'm going to test on October 9th because FF thinks I'll ovulate on September 25th. Not totally sure that'll happen because of the mc but I'm hopeful. October 9th would be a perfect day to get a BFP as well because that's Thanksgiving sunday here in Canada and I'd like to be able to have some good news to tell the parents. It would be nice because that was the day we had planned to announce our pregnancy to everyone, so really keeping my fingers crossed for a BFP!

Mom15 that is pretty cool I've never heard of the steaming. My dh would die laughing if I tried it tho so that would have to be a when he's not home thing haha

Missyogi are you doing opks? Oh that would be so cool to share a BFP with your family on a holiday!

MissYogi - yes you can do it at home. I happened to have Oregano growing in my yard. If you don't have any you can order them online or a health food store might have herbs.

StillPraying - haha yeah at first I wasn't going to tell dh, but he actually seemed to think it was a good idea.

Lol V steam is definitely a new one. My husband would DEFINITELY think that I've lost my mind lol. He never knew about the frequent cervix height checks either. Or the examinations of my CM. I spared him those details haha.

I've done Mayan massage not sure if it helped me any.

I think acupuncture definitely helped me though.

These days are dragging so slooooooow. We have already been BDing but he leaves for 5 days so if my cycles are on point, he will be here 1 day before ovulation. As of now still Bding in case i O earlier. I dont use opks cause i find myself more stressed when i use those. Hopefully the swimmers do last up to 6-7 days as to what i read.

Confuzion - first time I read about I thought "steam you WHAT?!!" DH def doesn't know about how my cervix and I are BFF 😂

Oh yeah ill be googling stuff about cm and dh will be like "whatcha reading?" He had to learn the hard way that I mean it when I say he doesn't wanna know.

Jalanis I hear ya girl. I'm 3dpo and like was that a cramp? Was there a twinge? Am I nauseous? :rofl:

Oh yeah ill be googling stuff about cm and dh will be like "whatcha reading?" He had to learn the hard way that I mean it when I say he doesn't wanna know.

Jalanis I hear ya girl. I'm 3dpo and like was that a cramp? Was there a twinge? Am I nauseous? :rofl:

At least your closer to testing soon :dohh: i have been having like watery creamish snot but not sure if those are the swimmers that didnt make it or whats going on with me lol so im testing like once every 4 days to make sure.

Missyogi are you doing opks? Oh that would be so cool to share a BFP with your family on a holiday!

I haven't been recently because I found them just an extra thing to worry about so instead we just BD every other day until ff confirms ovulation

Hi girls. Joining from the September thread as AF got me yesterday.
I'm 38. I have two boys, 3.5 and 1.5. Trying to add one more to the mix (hoping for a girl this time).
I'll be testing around 13 October if AF doesn't beat me to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->