Where did you NIP today?

At the shopping mall on the bench while older daughter had a smoothie :)

Wow this is an old thread!

Yesterday I fed my six week old at the beach sitting on the steps with other family members while my 3 year old splashed in the freezing water (it's winter here) and ate an ice cream.

In the Asda Living cafe at The Fort in Glasgow! A nice mummy with a baby in a lovely woven carrier came over for a chat as I was sitting on my own - hubby having opted to go shopping with Alex in TK Maxx next door! Our babies were born within a day of each other but Ella was teeny tiny compared to the other lovely baby girl!

We went to a Thai restaurant today. She got hungry while we were waiting for our food. I took her outside to the back of the restaurant to try to minimize distractions. She hardly nursed but it seemed to take the edge off her hunger and she was happier. Then in the restaurant, she had some of the food off our plates. Then after the meal I tried to nurse her at the table. She was too distracted. When we were outside the restaurant, we sat in some chairs that were in front of the building. I tried to nurse her and think I "flashed" the people inside. She was still too distracted to nurse.

Nice to see this thread bumped, I NIPed all over the place with DS and am doing the same with DD. Most notable NIP recently was on Thomas the Tank Engine, in a compartment with a random family! They didn't seem too put out thankfully.

Went out for a long run with J in the jogger yesterday morning. I nursed on a park bench before the run as a little old lady went by (prob on her way to the crafts show in town today). She smiled and waved. I stopped at the same bench at the end of the run and fed him again. Same little old lady went by and asked me if I needed help. She said, "Now hun, I've breastfed before and I'm not sure you're doing it right." She must have thought I was sitting there bf for 4 straight hours. And was covered in sweat, out of breath, and chugging water at the end. :dohh: :haha:

At the fair in Med Hat the day before yesterday and the Tim Hortons yesterday. I'm at home all day so no public nursing for us today.

At a Jack Astor's (restaurant)

But in my 3 1/2 weeks of breastfeeding my son I have nursed him at:
Hospital
Walmart
Library
Doctor's office wait room
Parking lots(many)
On a bus
Picnic rest stop
Grocery store
Food court
Movie theatre
Community center mom group

Most of those multiple times. I thought I'd be uncomfortable but in reality when my baby is hungry I just do it. I also don't use a nursing cover/blanket as I found it too hard to coordinate his latch at first and then by now when I probably could- I can't be bothered. Breasts are for feeding babies anyway.

Most interesting places this week have been in the middle of transport museum and on the pavement in the Royal Mile in Edinburgh during the annual Play Day today.

I fed my LO in the car twice in different public car-parks today. Yesterday I fed her in my local cafe and in the park. It's been a liberating experience to realise that you really can whip a boob out and feed pretty much anywhere. I try to be as discreet as possible by turning my back or using a muslin but if she needs feeding I'm feeding!!

This wasn't today, but Monday I fed DS while visiting my mom at her clinic. She runs a mental health clinic. I was covered, but I still did it!

The question is where don't I nip hahah I had a lady come tell me how wonderful it was that I was nipping the other day.
Was reli nice :)

National marine aquarium, in front of the HUGE atlantic ocean fish tank! It was so ridiculously busy, hot, Vin was fussing.. So out they came lol :haha:
No one batted an eyelid :thumbup:

Wal-Mart parking lot and the Medicine Hat Leisure Centre pool :)

Walmart
Theatre
Bus stop
Bus
Walking down the street

I nurse anywhere and everywhere

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members