Where Were You When You Tested??

Long story - I'll make it short. I stayed in Cyprus on my own for 3 months. I was having hip pain whilst I was there, so went to the doctor when I got home. He checked my hips and my spine. He told me that I was fine, and there wasn't anything wrong. My mum argued that I was in SERIOUS pain (I found it difficult to even move sometimes), so he agreed to do tests on me. I went for an x-ray. He called back later to say that they'd found the problem with my hip - there was a foetal skeleton. Then it was just a case of going into the doctor's and seeing if the baby was alive - and he was :) - He was also 23 weeks old! x

I didn't take a test either! I went to the urgent care because I wasn't feeling quite myself the few days before I was always sleepy and sick on my way to work I even stopped smoking because I couldn't stomach it! I waited for about 3 hours until they called me in. She came in and told me "Well should I congratulate you?" I right then bawled and couldn't breath. I didn't think I was ready! Then I got home told my love and I had never seen someone so happy before and I knew I was ready..........thats how it happened and here we are months later!

I didn't take a test either! I went to the urgent care because I wasn't feeling quite myself the few days before I was always sleepy and sick on my way to work I even stopped smoking because I couldn't stomach it! I waited for about 3 hours until they called me in. She came in and told me "Well should I congratulate you?" I right then bawled and couldn't breath. I didn't think I was ready! Then I got home told my love and I had never seen someone so happy before and I knew I was ready..........thats how it happened and here we are months later!

Welcome to the 'We Didn't Test' club! :hi: Kind of wish I'd taken one after I found out though, just so I could go through all that lol. x

Yeah, me to actually. Whats funny is sometimes I would think I was pregnant because of just being sick out of the blue and I would test and it would just be me being paranoid so I just figured that was going on again..........the ONE time I wasn't thinking I could be prego haaha it's all good though it was a SURPRISE! YAY

Long story - I'll make it short. I stayed in Cyprus on my own for 3 months. I was having hip pain whilst I was there, so went to the doctor when I got home. He checked my hips and my spine. He told me that I was fine, and there wasn't anything wrong. My mum argued that I was in SERIOUS pain (I found it difficult to even move sometimes), so he agreed to do tests on me. I went for an x-ray. He called back later to say that they'd found the problem with my hip - there was a foetal skeleton. Then it was just a case of going into the doctor's and seeing if the baby was alive - and he was :) - He was also 23 weeks old! x

:shock: Wow, what an amazing story! Did they ask you before doing the x ray if you thought you could be pregnant?? When I had an x ray a while back, they asked me if I could be, and even went on to offer me a test first to make sure - (I wasn't, I was a virgin! lol) - :rofl:

So glad your story had a happy ending :) Can't believe you were 23 weeks when you found out! I was six lol so only just pregnant really. On the plus side you got to forgo the waiting game of getting to 12 weeks to know everything is okay... Bet your pregnancy must have seemed to fly by! lol

I took my first one in the toilets at work i went to boots and brought one then did it before i started work, i just couldnt wait til i got home!!

:shock: Wow, what an amazing story! Did hey ask you before doing the x ray if you thought you could be pregnant?? When I had an x ray a while back, they asked me if I could be, and even went on to offer me a test first to make sure - (I wasn't, I was a virgin! lol) - :rofl:

So glad your story had a happy ending :) Can't believe you were 23 weeks when you found out! I was six lol so only just pregnant really. On the plus side you got to forgo the waiting game of getting to 12 weeks to know everything is okay... Bet your pregnancy must have seemed to fly by! lol

They did ask me, but there was no reason for me to imagine that I would be. I'd been on the pill, was getting periods (although thinking back, they were a bit shorter than usual), no symptoms, no bump, etc. It did seem a really short pregnancy, until the end when it just seemed to drag on. Don't think I could do a whole 40 weeks lol. x

I was in my bathroom at home and it was my birthday. It was the same day AF was due so it was really faint...but positive!!

I was at home. We had friends visiting, DH knew I was late for AF as did my friend. Friends started teasing me saying.."what if, and I bet". But DH and I were very skeptical as we have been married nearly 17 years without ever getting pregnant. The next morning DH bought me a test to ease my mind. I took it when we got home and got a very faint line. I nearly passed out with shock. It took2 more tests and the doc's test to convince me!

I knew I was late and OH kept asking 'shouldn't u be on?', we weren't exactly trying but weren't taking precautions either and it had been about a year .....

I brought a test from Co-op and decided I needed to know, expecting a negative I pee'd (at home lol not at co-op) but almost immediately - none of this waiting 5 mins! it came up with the extra line!!

Went to docs 2 days later and she said 'Yep pregnant'

x

I was on holiday in the south of France! I was nearly a week late which is unusual for me and I felt a bit odd, so I had an inkling I could be pregnant. Going to a non-english speaking pharmacy and getting a pregnancy test was fun!!! Had to do lots of acting out a bump and then shrugging and they finally got it in the end! Anyway the test was positive, even though I thought it might be it was still a big shock!!!

AF was late for me but always is my cycles are so messed up i only did one for the sake of it, i wasnt even going to but i had a few really cheapy ones, so i did it in my bathroom and the tiniest line come up so i dipped the other 4 i had and they all had tiny lines, so i sent DH to go get me clearblue digital and i couldnt even beleive it come up pregnant! i didnt think id be able to fall pregnant without clomid again and even less likely as i wasnt trying lol

I took mine in Asda too LOL

Sooooo bored so just thinking of randomness to ask everyone :)

Where did you take the test that confirmed you were pregnant?? How did you feel when you got your :bfp: ?

I was in Asdas when I took my test :blush:

I din't think I was prego but my OH at the time got me a test just to check when we were food shopping. I was dying for a wee so used the Asda toilets & thought i'd just do the test there & then thinking it would be a :bfn:

I'll never forget looking down and seeing the word PREGNANT flash up!! I was so so excited & happy!! It's wierd because when my period was late & we discussed what ifs, I said i'd want an abortion without a doubt, there was no way i'd want a baby!! But when that one word flashed up I was over the moon & knew i'd keep her :)

I love this memory!!

I was in my bathroom, when I test for my pregnancy.

October 25, 2007 at 8:30pm lol

I told my hubby this is it, where having our little cream.

I took a photo of the test packet, testing positive and some pics of my belly and didn't tell my family until I had the official blood test of my pregnancy.

Mello

I took mine actually before AF was due. We were trying and this was just at New Year's so I wanted to be sure I wasn't pregnant before going out and having a few drinks. I ended up not having those drinks after all ;)

I was in the work in the loos... couldnt wait till i got home, but i did buy another test to do with my OH when i got in :happydance:

I took mine 4 days before af was due.....had a rush of sweats while driving. took a cheapie and only a faint line came up like 10 mins after....so i took my pee sample in my car and went to chemist....bought a first response and dipped it in the car park!!!!!
HAHA!!! worse than asda hehe. turned the test over and drove home (only 2 mins away) got into driveway and turned it over. there it was....the line lol.
Took another like million tests to convince me tho.
Really enjoyed reading through these xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->