which do you prefer..............................

sabby52

Mother, Nanny
Reaction score
Christmas Eve or Christmas day ??

I prefer Christmas eve, it is so magical, tracking santa, collecting the turkey, last minute prep for the big day then chilling out with Christmas movies and a take away :cloud9:

I love Christmas Eve too. Its so magical . There's a different kind of buzz lol.. I also love Christmas morning and dinner !.

I am definitely doing all my wrapping beforehand this year. Want to fully enjoy Christmas Eve!

The 24 hours between dinner time xmas eve and dinner time xmas day :haha:
I love christmas eve it's just so magical but i also looove seein their faces opening presents it's too hard to choose!!

They both have their advantages and disadvantages for me.

Christmas eve I love the excitement and the preparation but I always end up having to do some form of running around because I have forgotten something or last-minute baking gifts to make sure they're fresh when I give them.

Christmas day I love seeing them open their presents and Christmas dinner but the rest of the day I feel like it drags abit, I hate the cooking part and it's not as fun as an adult as it was when I was a child :haha:

I like Christmas Day better, although love Christmas eve evening :)

I love both so much! Last year I started a tradition with DD where we bake Christmas cookies for Father Christmas, I overindulged in mince pies the year before and couldn't face them lol! We also have the other traditions, like new Jamie's and take away, but her happiness on Christmas morning could trump anything! This year she's really excited to share Christmas with her baby brother

I love both but Christmas Eve is very exciting and you get to properly start to relax .

I think I prefer Christmas Eve. Sometimes Christmas Day doesn't live up to all the expectations you build up.

This is the first year since my oldest was a tiny baby I've not been working Christmas Eve so it should feel even better as it will be less stressful as I won't be trying to get everything done in just a few short hours

I'd agree with the 24 hours between dinner time xmas even and dinner time xmas day.

Though I significantly prefer the years I have my LO. We alternate years with her dad.

Christmas Eve :). I love the anticipation. My favorite part is the evening, once the kids have gone to bed all excited and I start filling their stockings and putting the present sunder the tree :)

Like them both for different reasons... Christmas eve is full of excitement and magic and anticipation and Christmas day is just so special, especially in the morning :)

Hard to choose. I love both. I love the whole build up to the big day. I am trying not to make Christmas Day too chaotic so I can really enjoy the day. Usually I'm busy sorting out, preparing etc.
I get the blues after Boxing Day, not into new year so much so really feel down after it's all over. The build up is the best.

I'm going to have to say both. I like Christmas Eve, because I love seeing LO's face while we track Santa, and then when he goes to bed all excited. I like Christmas Day, seeing his face light up at what presents he's got :)

The thing I don't like about Christmas Day is the cooking lol

I probably prefer Christmas Eve only because Christmas Day goes too fast!

Normally I prefer Christmas eve but this year I'm working all day, so Christmas day will probably be better!

Hard to decide. I love Christmas Eve night as my family throws a party every year and there are tons of munchies and the kids love playing and opening the gifts from people that won't be around Christmas day.. so once 5pm hits it's fun and relaxing until daughter goes to bed and I turn into santa.

But the happiness and excitement on my daughter's face Christmas morning is the stuff I live for. Though after the morning excitement the exhaustion kicks in and the boring stuff begins. (Like cleaning and cooking)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->