which do you prefer..............................

Christmas Day; my husband usually works Christmas Eve. Normally only for half a day but still it's a bit boring. I just sit around waiting for him to get i. I like watching it's a wonderful life and putting the pressies out etc but I don't get any special feeling about it. However I love Christmas Day!!!

Christmas Day definitely. Christmas Eve is lovely but it's always SO busy for us, once Lucas goes to bed there's always a moment where OH and I just look at each other completely knackered, knowing we've still got loads to do before bed. When all that's done there's no time to sit and relax because we're falling asleep on each other :haha:

Christmas Day is just awesome. All the excitement in the morning there's nothing better. We're staying at home this year for the first time ever so I've got lots of fun things planned too so there's not that awful comedown to the day. Normally we're out and about all day so there's no time to be bored really.

I love Boxing Day too. Lucas goes to his Dad's which is rubbish but gives me time to straighten the place a bit, then we visit OH's family in the evening for food/drinks.

I'm just so excited for all of it :xmas4:

Usually Christmas day cus my husband works, I find Christmas eve prep on my own a little challenging. But this year as it's at the weekend i'll have his help which i'm very much looking forward to. Hoping to make it as stress free as poss :).

Christmas Day but I really love both!

Hard to pick just one! This year, we're doing Christmas with my in-laws on Christmas Eve at our house, and then Christmas day at my family's. So both days will be very special. Really, Christmas Eve this year will be the big day, though, because we'll be doing the Santa gifts that day at our house. I guess we'll send Santa a note or something, asking if he can drop off our gifts a day early since we won't be home Christmas Day.

Two years ago, I would hands down said Christmas Day was the winner. We used to get together with our friends and all our kids around 5pm every Christmas Eve to have nibbles, drinks, let the kids play and exchange the kids' presents and the grown-ups' secret Santa gifts. This meant we were late home & I couldn't enjoy the bath time/bedtime excitement with DS1. DS1 was usually tired & excited so got naughty and it was all just too stressful.

Last year, one friend suggested going to a local hotel to their lunch with Santa on Christmas Eve. I wasn't keen at first (thought of a big meal the day before Christmas and having Santa there when we'd previously tracked him in his sleigh. However, it was a great succes. Good meal, great kids entertainment and we were home for 5pm. We had the boys in bed asleep by 7.30, sorted the presents then sat down to relax and have some nibbles and a drink. So much better! Same planned for this year :thumbup:

But Christmas Day is the day we see all the family. DH's side for Christmas dinner and SIL's bday then we drive to my parents' for party food and we get to stay there for 2 whole days :happydance:

So, after that essay, I don't think I could pick between them anymore! Friends and excitement one day. Family and the big day the next :D

Christmas day. My children are too young to understand that its Christmas eve. They'll be so excited Christmas morning though :)

All these replies are making me so excited now :) I love Christmas morning but I always get a bit stressed when cooking dinner but once dinner is over I get to relax and take it easy so I do love Christmas day as well but much prefer Christmas eve :)

Oh gosh it's so hard to choose. I think the majority of the excitement of Christmas is the build up. But I love their little faces on Christmas day and the food too

I'd agree with the 24 hours between dinner time xmas even and dinner time xmas day.

Though I significantly prefer the years I have my LO. We alternate years with her dad.

I always think once you get the presents and dinner out of they way it's a bit meh! Everyones knackered from being up early, you can't move cos you have ate far too much. My family just seem to slob. I would love to stay at home one year so i can plan fun activities but i couldn't be bothered to cook and i'd be the only adult.
Christmas day just seems a rush for us as i don't drive and taxi's cost a fortune so i end up walking to my mams. She lives a 30 min walk away now and i'm not doing that on christmas no way but taxi's are gonna cost sooo much :dohh:

The days leading up are the most exciting for me. Until this year, dd has been too young to really 'get' the whole santa thing and was overwhelmed with all the gifts. I think this year, Christmas morning will be exciting bc she finally understands and loves to open packages. I enjoy both days, but all the thinking, planning, and secrecy make the build up more exciting. Maybe that's the problem too. I build it up so much, then it doesn't live up to what I've imagined so it's kind of a let down. (just a bit...I still love it all)

Christmas Eve. Have always loved Christmas Eve, it really is so magical.

I love both. Here in Finland Christmas Eve is the main celebration so we have a traditional Finnish Christmas dinner, Santa Claus comes to the house in the early evening to give out gifts (DS is going to be so excited!) and then we will eat. Then after dinner we revert to my Christmas traditions being from England and we tell the kids that Santa has to come to our house again with all the gifts from our family in England that he has picked up when delivering gifts there. Plus he has some more gifts that he's forgotten to give... so we leave out the mince pie and carrot and then when they wake up Christmas morning the tree is full of gifts again! Can't wait!

I prefer Christmas Eve, but my daughter, of course prefers Christmas day because of the presents.

I love Christmas eve once ds is in bed. Dh and I put on a movie and I get down all the presents and put them under the tree. Go in to ds sleeping n pop his stocking at the end of his bed. Its magical!!
But then I Love love love Christmas morning seeing my sons face as he opens the presents hes been asking for for the past 4months :haha: and we always have an extra scrummy breakfast! This year doing bacon n egg butties i think or maybe the christmas tree shaped crumpets. Or both :winkwink:
Then its not so good, dh plays with ds and i spend most of the day in the kitchen :dohh: :haha: so once dinner is ready i finally start to relax (for an hour) before i start on the boxing day buffet :dohh:

Christmas eve!
My DD is beside herself with excitement from the minute she wakes up about getting her Christmas eve box.
Even on Christmas eve night you still have the big day to look forward to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->