Who else is waiting for their anatomy scan?

I have my anatomy scan next week, we will be finding out the gender this time as we have already had two surprises. Im really excited to find out so I can start buying things :) x

Fun that you had two surprises already! I can't wait to start buying things too. Baby #2 is a summer baby and DD is a winter baby so even if we end up team pink they need different seasoned clothes! (at least that's my excuse:haha:)

We booked a private scan for when I was 18 weeks as we weren't sure if OH would be in London seeing family for our anatomy scan. It was very clear on the scan and we had it confirmed at our (2!) Anatomy scans as little miss was so stubborn :haha:

Lucky you're getting a private scan! DH thinks it's a waste. Although with the possibility of your OH not being in town makes it worth it :)

My appointment is next week. Feb 8th

Maybe they'll be booking it at your next appointment?

We had a private scan at 15+1 and it was 99% a girl. It certainly looked like a girl to me, I'm just irationally nervous that it could have been wrong!

Sounds normal to worry that the u/s might be wrong, I was worried with DD:haha:

Mine is so far off... first week of April. :(

Aw, I hope it's here before you know it!

Mine is next week, February 7th. We already know we're having a second little boy because of the NIPT, but my husband and 4-year-old are coming along and I'm excited for my son to see the baby. I haven't seen the baby since a quick abdominal ultrasound at nine weeks, when he was a gummy bear, so I'm excited too -- and very, very hopeful that all is going well (low risk according to NIPT but of course I won't breathe easy till everything else looks good).

My anatomy scan is in 5 days. We already know the gender, but I am so excited to see her again and make sure everything is okay. I am just about 19 weeks and haven't felt her yet either, so the ultrasound will hopefully be reassuring.

Mine isn't for another 5 weeks yet, that feels such a long time away but I'm sure it will go fairly quick. We're staying team yellow again, but I have a feeling it's another girl. I'm more anxious for my scan to come so I can relax knowing everything is okay. I'm definitely worrying more this time around, I'm holding out on buying anything until after that.

We didn't find out the gender with our first and we really enjoyed the surprise so we are doing the same with this baby. I have an anterior placenta and haven't really felt much movement yet so I am excited to see baby. I do peek in on baby from time to time when I am at work as we have an ultrasound machine, but usually just for long enough to see a heartbeat and that's it. I'm looking forward to seeing baby wriggle around on the screen for a while!

I just had mine on Monday but it took forever to come around as I'd booked it 4 weeks before! It is amazing seeing how much more developed they are since the 13 week nuchal scan. This time I have a posterior placenta so it's been nice feeling so much more movement than the first time :) Hope the time goes quick for you ladies xx

Mine is next week, February 7th. We already know we're having a second little boy because of the NIPT, but my husband and 4-year-old are coming along and I'm excited for my son to see the baby. I haven't seen the baby since a quick abdominal ultrasound at nine weeks, when he was a gummy bear, so I'm excited too -- and very, very hopeful that all is going well (low risk according to NIPT but of course I won't breathe easy till everything else looks good).

Fun! How special that your 4 year old will be there. We decided not to have our 2 year old with us, it would be too long of a sit for her right now. I hear you on feeling anxious, I feel like once I hit second tri with DD I relaxed a bunch but now I still feel a bundle of nerves.

My anatomy scan is in 5 days. We already know the gender, but I am so excited to see her again and make sure everything is okay. I am just about 19 weeks and haven't felt her yet either, so the ultrasound will hopefully be reassuring.

It's always fun to see baby again! I hope that your scan gives you reassurance even though not feeling her move around yet :)

Mine isn't for another 5 weeks yet, that feels such a long time away but I'm sure it will go fairly quick. We're staying team yellow again, but I have a feeling it's another girl. I'm more anxious for my scan to come so I can relax knowing everything is okay. I'm definitely worrying more this time around, I'm holding out on buying anything until after that.

Exciting to stay team yellow! I admire your determination :) I'm worrying more this time around too, isn't it odd? I hope we both get to relax once we see baby again.

We didn't find out the gender with our first and we really enjoyed the surprise so we are doing the same with this baby. I have an anterior placenta and haven't really felt much movement yet so I am excited to see baby. I do peek in on baby from time to time when I am at work as we have an ultrasound machine, but usually just for long enough to see a heartbeat and that's it. I'm looking forward to seeing baby wriggle around on the screen for a while!

You lucky duck getting to peak in on baby time to time at work! :haha: The scan will be so much fun getting to see baby for longer than a quick peak. Do you have any feeling as what baby may be? Did you with your first?

I just had mine on Monday but it took forever to come around as I'd booked it 4 weeks before! It is amazing seeing how much more developed they are since the 13 week nuchal scan. This time I have a posterior placenta so it's been nice feeling so much more movement than the first time :) Hope the time goes quick for you ladies xx

Awesome!! It feels like ages since my 12 week scan already. When did you feel movements with this one?

I felt them very occasionally starting around 14 weeks but they were more consistent during the 17th week ie daily. Now I feel him all the time 😀

I had mine this week and it was confirmed that it was a boy! We had a private gender scan just before Christmas when I was 16 weeks but there was just a nagging feeling that they might have got it wrong. I was worrying for nothing though :)

Mine is on the 27th and we'll be finding out if baby cooperates :) Although I did have a scan yesterday as silly baby made us worry at my antenatal app by not letting the midwives find a heartbeat.

I had mine this week and it was confirmed that it was a boy! We had a private gender scan just before Christmas when I was 16 weeks but there was just a nagging feeling that they might have got it wrong. I was worrying for nothing though :)

Aw yay! I wish DH was up for a private gender scan but he said I'll survive waiting 3 more weeks :haha: Glad it was confirmed so you don't have to worry anymore :)

Mine is on the 27th and we'll be finding out if baby cooperates :) Although I did have a scan yesterday as silly baby made us worry at my antenatal app by not letting the midwives find a heartbeat.

Fingers crossed baby cooperates! I saw your post on my other thread, these stubborn babies giving us scares already. What's going to happen when they're out!

I had a very strong feeling with my first that it was going to be a girl, so much so that I wasn't at all surprised when they held her up and said it was a girl. Everyone looked at me to see my reaction and all I said was "I know". :haha: So it wasn't really that much a surprise for me, but it was for my OH as he was really hoping for a little girl and he got all teary eyed when they announced the gender.

This time around I don't have nearly as strong of a feeling, although I have a slight inclining that it is a boy. I think I will be much more surprised this time regardless of the gender just because I don't have as strong of a feeling with this baby. I have a very slight preference for another girl just because it will be easier to re-use all of DDs things for the second baby (I HATE shopping!), but I don't really care either way.

Aww how precious that OH got teary eyed!

I don't have a feeling, but there wasn't one with DD either. It makes me feel a little clueless:haha:

Mine all went well today. Took over 2 hours in total (with a couple of jumping around/walking around breaks) as the baby was in an awkward position.
First they couldn't get a good view of the face (head is right down low), and then couldn't get a good view of the heart. She was on the verge of booking us to come back another dah (which would have been great!), but the baby turned slightly at the last minute and she could then see the heart..!

Also confirmed as a girl (after 3 boys) so all in all, very reassuring! :)

However I'm a bit peeved to have noticed on the way home that they've got my weight wrong on my 'personalised' grow chart, which surely means the chart/lines are not going to be accurate seeing as it's based on my personal height/weight/BMI...?

Another on the terribly long wait here! :haha: mine is the 6th of March, I'll be 20+4 which is a good gestation for it but it's soo far away :'(
Hubby also was very against a private scan which I understand, we're not exactly rolling in it and it's nice to find out the gender at the halfway point for me :)

We're also wondering whether to find out at the scan or to ask her to put it in an envelope and do something different this time.. like just open it together when we're out to dinner or something :) I don't think I'd want anyone else there.

I knew dd was a girl by the time the scan came round but this time I have a lot less of a feeling about it.. I feel like I'll be surprised either way! And I don't really mind either way, I'm just excited <3 also looking forward to being reassured baby is well and I can start buying some things eep x

Mine all went well today. Took over 2 hours in total (with a couple of jumping around/walking around breaks) as the baby was in an awkward position.
First they couldn't get a good view of the face (head is right down low), and then couldn't get a good view of the heart. She was on the verge of booking us to come back another dah (which would have been great!), but the baby turned slightly at the last minute and she could then see the heart..!

Also confirmed as a girl (after 3 boys) so all in all, very reassuring! :)

However I'm a bit peeved to have noticed on the way home that they've got my weight wrong on my 'personalised' grow chart, which surely means the chart/lines are not going to be accurate seeing as it's based on my personal height/weight/BMI...?

Wow 2 hours! But glad to hear it went well :) Exciting for a confirmed girl with 3 big brothers :cloud9: Weird that they had your weight wrong? Maybe it's something you could just call to have corrected.

Another on the terribly long wait here! :haha: mine is the 6th of March, I'll be 20+4 which is a good gestation for it but it's soo far away :'(
Hubby also was very against a private scan which I understand, we're not exactly rolling in it and it's nice to find out the gender at the halfway point for me :)

We're also wondering whether to find out at the scan or to ask her to put it in an envelope and do something different this time.. like just open it together when we're out to dinner or something :) I don't think I'd want anyone else there.

I knew dd was a girl by the time the scan came round but this time I have a lot less of a feeling about it.. I feel like I'll be surprised either way! And I don't really mind either way, I'm just excited <3 also looking forward to being reassured baby is well and I can start buying some things eep x

At least Feburary is a short month so it'll be here sooner :winkwink: DH is against the private scan here too. Opening the envelop just the two of you sounds really special! Maybe that's what DH and I should do since I want the surprise of a reveal but he wants to know asap, it could be a good compromise.

I just found out there's going to be a Jack & Jill consignment sale in my city the weekend after my scan! Now I really want to find out so I can go shopping:happydance:

I have my 16w appointment and scan on 2/16, I'll be 16w3d. I am really hoping we can know then. Tech was leaning boy at the 12w scan. I know Kaiser does their official anatomy scan at 20 weeks though so uggggh hoping hoping hoping

Oh I'm jealous you have another scan! I was hoping for one at 16 weeks when the midwife had a hard time finding baby's hb but no such luck. I wonder if they'll say boy again at your next scan :)

Bummer I am sorry. I was surprised how often Kaiser scans us tbh. Even my mom was like wtf you just had a scan 2 weeks ago. I'm hoping we get flashed some boy bits

Mine isn't until March 15th at 20w3d. We already know it's a boy because of the NIPT but I'm dying to see my baby boy again. Only 5 more weeks to go!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->