Who else is waiting for their anatomy scan?

Congrats Dobby!!

Question for experienced Mama's. I am a first time mom here, never been pregnant before. What is the Anatomy Scan? Does it only scan for gender or are their any other things they look for in this Anatomy Scan?

I'm a first timer too, but from what I can tell, they'll check gender, count fingers and heart chambers, check brain development, and just make sure that everything is developing normally.

So, I took a look at the old wives tales and had 10 girl results, 5 boy results, and 9 could be either results. I think I'll try the baking soda test tonight.

Also a first time mom but I heard similar to Pretty. They basically measure everything and get a really detailed look. Mine is on the 20th :)

Pretty oooo interesting curious to see and hope you get your girly

Also a first time mom but I heard similar to Pretty. They basically measure everything and get a really detailed look. Mine is on the 20th :)

Pretty oooo interesting curious to see and hope you get your girly

Well, I did it. There was a tiny bit of froth, but definitely no fizzing and bubbles. So, that means girl. : )

Question for experienced Mama's. I am a first time mom here, never been pregnant before. What is the Anatomy Scan? Does it only scan for gender or are their any other things they look for in this Anatomy Scan?

They measure everything like arm and leg lengths, baby's full length. Check in on organs, blood flow, heart chambers and flow, brain. And peaking at the privates! It's a longer scan but it's so wonderful seeing baby and how amazing the human body is.

I love old wives tales! With DD they all said boy except the pencil test, so I haven't bothered to try any of them this time around - although tempted to do the pencil test again.

Ooo pencil test what is that?

Pretty yay for a girl result! Fxed!

Now I can't wait to have mine even though I know. I do like the longer scans and to know everything is as it should be. I was definitely counting fingers at my scan

You take a sharp pencil (easier to see how the point moves I guess) and stick a threaded sewing needle straight down into the eraser. You have your arm laying on a table or something with palm up and hold only the thread with the tip of the pencil on your wrist. Slowly you lift up and see how the pencil moves. Up & down is a boy and side to side is a girl.

My Aunt is hilarious and swears by it, it was right for both of hers and every person she's done it with. It was right with DD too:haha:

kittykat - apologies for going slightly OT here, but what lipstick are you wearing in your avatar pic? It's gorgeous.

kittykat - apologies for going slightly OT here, but what lipstick are you wearing in your avatar pic? It's gorgeous.

Haha, it's bourjois rouge edition velvet matte lipstick in the colour personne ne rouge :) it's fantastic, it lasts for ages and even lasts through dinner!

Thanks for all the info on the anatomy scan, I go on the 14th of March.I will be 21+3, is anyone else doing it this late?

Finally had our scan yesterday! We're having another girl!:pink::cloud9:

The tech cracked me up, we got a few cute profile shots then she said "let's hurry and see what baby is before we measure!":haha: Little girl was very feisty and didn't want to reveal herself so the tech guessed girl, we did all the necessary measurements and organ measuring/checking then went back to get a good shot showing she's indeed a little lady!

TTC - I hope the time passes quickly so you get to see baby soon :)

Congrats on your baby girl dragonfly! I will update tomorrow!

I FINALLY found out that we're having a Girl :happydance:

Congratulations Mrs Dragonfly and Xpecta on your girls!

Kittykat - thanks for that! Will have to check it out!

Congratulations on team pink xpecta and mrsdragonfly! :flower:

Maries - I can't wait to find out what you're having! :dust:

Congratulations on team pink dragonfly and xpecta!

There seems to be a lot of girls due! Five of my friends locally are pregnant (due between end of June and start of August) and the 3 that have found out what they're having so far are having girls.

It is wild that everyone is having girls! A friend of mine is due around the same time as me is having twin girls! But everyone else I know who's pregnant is having boys:haha: It's a girl season I guess :)

When we were pregnant with DD everyone was having boys, we were the only ones to have a girl. Guess DH and I make girlies :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->