Who has circumcised their little boy?

dolores

Mum of 2 boys
Reaction score
Hi,

This is just out of curiousity really,

Today i got my LO circumcised (religious purposes) and he's 4 weeks old - It was done using the plastibell method (you can google this if you don't know what i mean :thumbup:) and the doctor has done a pretty good job of it...LO is not in pain at all considering it was done without any meds...:thumbup:

Anyway i was wondering who else has had their LO circumcised and was it because of religious purposes or other reasons??

Would be interesting to know your views

If you do a search othe forum there are a few topics on this and you can get the general idea, people have very strong opinions on this.

All 3 of my boys are circ'd. It was the norm here in the US when my oldest was born, I was young, and everyone I ever knew was so when they asked I hadn't looked into it much and so I told them yes. He was done the "traditional way". My middle son, pretty much the same thing, but done plastibell. With my 3rd I had looked into it more and became more aware about it all but we still chose to do it. Had I not done my first I think I wouldn't have done any. But don't regret having them done, there are some benefits, and they are all fine :) I did request my youngest have it done traditionally, I personally think it healed better, and didn't swell up or seem like it hurt nearly as much. They all had pain meds to numb it though, which I requested.

oops sorry didn't do a search...will go have a look now..

No way not for any religious reason in the world would I ever have that done on my son. Its not part of my religion though even though I pay little attention to my religion. No way not for any reason. Makes me cringe.

I live in the US and choose to have my son circumsized. His was also done using the plastibell method.

My son's been circumcised using the plastibell method as well, as will DS2. He was done at about 15 days I think, I can't remember. I do remember though that it was the day before DH went back to work and I was petrified of being left on my own with a cranky baby. But like you said, he wasn't in pain at all and was no different.

We had it done for sort of religious reasons. My DH is Jewish and circumcised. I'm not Jewish so DS isn't, but DH felt very strongly about having it done so we did.

Cue opening of can of worms!

My nephew had it done for medical reasons when he was 5, LO wont be done as its not our religion but because of my experiance with my nephew I know medical reasons crop up.

No way not for any religious reason in the world would I ever have that done on my son. Its not part of my religion though even though I pay little attention to my religion. No way not for any reason. Makes me cringe.

i agree totally, never in a miillion years would i put any of my sons through this unneccasary pain not for anything.....

i think its a personally choice , unless it was 4medical reasons i wud never get it done

but each to there own :shrug:

FOB was/is circumcised (possibly TMI :haha:) and when I asked him why he said his mum wanted him to be "clean" :wacko:

I've nothing against it at all, just thought that reasoning was a bit strange.

I let my husband make the final decision whether or not to circumsize. He is so he wanted his son done too. It is the norm here in the US so it wasn't a difficult choice for us to make.
My son was never in any pain or discomfort, and it healed quickly. We made the right decision for our family, and have no regrets.

So let the can of worms be open because it doesn't bother me if someone disagrees with my decision.

Im originally from the US and that is where all my family live but I now live in the UK and have been here for 5 years and dont know if we plan to live here or in the US in the future.... so for me, this was a very hard decision because everyone in the US is almost automatically done and my whole family thought it was 'weird' that i was considering not having it done. My mum even said 'i've never seen one that isn't circumsized'. Its completely the opposite in the UK where most boys and men aren't circumsized.

In the end, we decided not to have it done as it is an unneccesary procedure. My mom said 'its not unneccesary, its done to keep things clean' to which i promptly replied 'well DH isn't circumsized and I can guarantee you he's never had any problem with cleanliness in that dept'. A bit too much info for her, but it shut her up! hah

Im originally from the US and that is where all my family live but I now live in the UK and have been here for 5 years and dont know if we plan to live here or in the US in the future.... so for me, this was a very hard decision because everyone in the US is almost automatically done and my whole family thought it was 'weird' that i was considering not having it done. My mum even said 'i've never seen one that isn't circumsized'. Its completely the opposite in the UK where most boys and men aren't circumsized.

In the end, we decided not to have it done as it is an unneccesary procedure. My mom said 'its not unneccesary, its done to keep things clean' to which i promptly replied 'well DH isn't circumsized and I can guarantee you he's never had any problem with cleanliness in that dept'. A bit too much info for her, but it shut her up! hah

There are some health benefits...but keeping it cleaner is a myth. But just thought I'd add, in the US about 60% (last I heard) of boys are now not circumsized so it's becoming less common around here too, some parts of the US still have a higher rate than others, some have a VERY low rate of circumcision, but over all it's going down here too

My mom said 'its not unneccesary, its done to keep things clean' to which i promptly replied 'well DH isn't circumsized and I can guarantee you he's never had any problem with cleanliness in that dept'. A bit too much info for her, but it shut her up! hah

:Rofl:

unless it was under medical reasons, I would never have a child of mine go through a totally unnecessary procedure.

No way, unless for medical reasons. I wouldn't put myself through unecessary surgey so why inflict it on my son? But if the decision is right for you and your family then good on you!!xx

*sigh* here we go again...

the poor mods never get a minutes peace around here lately :(

Got to keep them on their toes :D

We're all mature enough for this not to turn into an argument....here's hoping anyway!!

Well hopfully it can be a mature thread without critasism or offencive mud slinging where a simple yes or no answer and maybe a mature "because such and such reason"

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->