Who has circumcised their little boy?

Removing body parts for cultural reasons? It is mutilation especially if uneccesary. Why make excuses, if I cut my babies ear off for no reason other than my cultural preference you'd think I was bonkers!

Removing body parts for cultural reasons? It is mutilation especially if uneccesary. Why make excuses, if I cut my babies ear off for no reason other than my cultural preference you'd think I was bonkers!

It's not mutilation and it's been practiced for millennia. There is no lasting damage or psychological suffering. I doubt the practice Will last many more centuries but hearing the harsh views on this thread from people who are blinkered from the realities of variety and culture makes me almost want to react and make sure every boy within a three mile radius gets circumcised. :haha:

i do come from a culture and religion where it is the norm and although not too fussed myself i have not found a reason to go against this as talk about mutilation or abuse always borders on the wacky and i can't take it seriously.

On a practical point, i don't think boys tend to take hygiene very seriously. I know that's a generalization but I've lived with and known enough boys to see a trend. Also they aren't always top notch on safe sex either. Although this tends to improve the older they get!

I dont have any issue with circumcision.

If it is done as part of a religion then who are we to judge? Its not for cosmetic reasons like ear-piercing it is part if their culture

My little boy is circumcised! Using the plastibell method as well :thumbup:

Never! If your born with something it's obviously meant to be there in my opinion. I think this clean excuse is silly, foreskin is there to protect the penis & along as an acceptable form of hygiene is maintained then...

I have a question then, my son was born with a cleft lip.. something that wouldn't necessarily affect his health, was it wrong for me to get surgery done since he was meant to be that way? :flower:

Never! If your born with something it's obviously meant to be there in my opinion. I think this clean excuse is silly, foreskin is there to protect the penis & along as an acceptable form of hygiene is maintained then...

I have a question then, my son was born with a cleft lip.. something that wouldn't necessarily affect his health, was it wrong for me to get surgery done since he was meant to be that way? :flower:

What a ridiculous comparison. Is having foreskin a birth defect? Or are all children born with one? Hmmm.

Let's defend something because someone decided a long time ago it was for 'cultural' reasons. I will go chop George's ear off & expect you all to fully support my cultural choice. Talk about blinkered view.

Let's defend something because someone decided a long time ago it was for 'cultural' reasons. I will go chop George's ear off & expect you all to fully support my cultural choice. Talk about blinkered view.

No. Instead let's use extreme terms to describe a minor procedure which has been safely practised without harm and which many people practice for non cultural and non religious reasons so that we feel good about looking down on other human beings, casting them as demonic mutilators of their babies hence not actually winning anyone over or preventing anything we claim to be against but in fact isolating both sides from each other, drawing battle lines and encouraging arguments. It's a win win situation. We can feel great about being superior and because nothing changes we can continue to do so for a long time. Yay!

No. Instead let's use extreme terms to describe a minor procedure which has been safely practised without harm and which many people practice for non cultural and non religious reasons so that we feel good about looking down on other human beings, casting them as demonic mutilators of their babies hence not actually winning anyone over or preventing anything we claim to be against but in fact isolating both sides from each other, drawing battle lines and encouraging arguments. It's a win win situation. We can feel great about being superior and because nothing changes we can continue to do so for a long time. Yay!

That's why people that do it bash on about their reasons too. Health etc when it is completely uneccesary. It's a fact. It doesn't need to be done. Just because I won't sugar coat a fact to protect random people doesn't make me anything but honest.

Oh & I don't need to feel superior at all. Real life matters.

That's why people that do it bash on about their reasons too. Health etc when it is completely uneccesary. It's a fact. It doesn't need to be done. Just because I won't sugar coat a fact to protect random people doesn't make me anything but honest.

You can think that's what it makes you.

This was going well up untill about page 14..I'm impressed ladies :thumbup:

I don't have a son..But if I did I wouldn't get him circumcised. That's my personal choice though and like a few people have said it's not the "norm" here in the UK. I don't judge others that have circumcised their son's..Their son their choice..I just personally feel it's a case of something for nothing.

There is a difference between being honest and being offensive.

Who are you to question something that is done as part of a religion?

I agree I would never circumsise Aidan. But there is no need for imfammatory posts that will turn this thread into an argument
xx

There is a difference between being honest and being offensive.

Who are you to question something that is done as part of a religion?

what's wrong with questioning something that is done as part of a religion? :shrug:

Exactly! Put whatever label on it you like religion,culture etc still doesn't change the facts. What a sad world we live in when it's ok to hide behind things. Doesn't make it right.

Oh and who am I to question lol? Someone with free will.

I find it offensive.

Free will doesnt mean you can insult people. Im pretty sure you wouldnt tell someone they mutiliated their son by getting him circumsized to their face...I guess your hiding behind your computer screen

Asking questions about a person's beliefs need to be some in a dignified and respectful way. Which you seem to be lacking
x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->