Who is overdue?

yes ! good luck with the sweep ! I think I lost a bit of plug on sunday but couldnt have been completely sure (tmi)- flushed toilet too quick ha ha ! Good luck for today everyone lots of labour dust ! Im just watching the amanda holden thing been told i shouldnt but cant help myself :shrug:

I've just watched that now! Not as bad as I thought it would be the worst bit I thought was at the end ive prayed to god i dont have to see my baby like that would scare the bejesus out of me!

Not too bad no, i just cry at every birth i see now, not sure its when the ladies are screaming or the miracle of the baby or both :cry: half of me is jealous too ha !

Good luck today everyone!!

Had an unsuccessful sweep thismorning - baby's head has dropped again but cervix is still too high :cry:

Hope everyone else's sweeps were more successful.

Daisydoo - I've tried clary sage oil... it definitely gets my braxton hicks going, so if you're having a sweep I'd definitely recommend it for afterwards. Although I've been burning it pretty much constantly for 2 weeks and it obviously hasn't got me into labour yet!!

Ive just found this thought it might be worth a try at least for a giggle -

Please remember that before obstetricians created the birthing industry, the average gestation was 40 weeks. Today it is closer to 38. Enjoy your pregnancy and remember that your baby will come out when he or she is quite ready. In the meantime if you are trying to avoid Pitocin at the hands of your doctor or midwife who has given you a “deadline” then here are some basic acupressure points you can use to try to stimulate labor: (or you could tell your doctor or midwife to go jump in a lake!)

1.Press on the roof of your mouth with your tongue
2.Press the web between your thumb and forefinger. If you find a sensitive spot, you’ve got it! Give it firm, consistent pressure.
3.Touch your right collarbone with the pinky of your left hand (or vice versa). Use your index finger to press the highest point of your shoulder muscle. Once you find the spot, your partner or doula can press it for you as well.
4.Press the area just above your ankle, between your Achilles tendon and ankle bone
5.Press the area four finger widths above the ankle next to the bone on the inside of the leg

let me know if it works :thumbup:

Love those ideas nicanbump god ill try anything!

Been for sweep and dont know if it was good or not. My notes say
cervix non central and admits 2 fingers. cervix soft. is this good?
Ive bought clary sage oil will try it in bath tonight! midwife said the best thing to do is have a bit of sexy time.... not easy when you feel the size of a bungalow. all else fails im in on saturday morning to be induced :growlmad:

I might try that nic!! :haha:
Aww chugga, shame about the sweep,maybe next time cervix will have dropped.
Daisy - I think 2 fingers might be akin to 2cm, but not sure. Sounds fairly promising though!

Fingers and toes crossed for all of us!1 xxx

Thanks flowerfairy. I hope so.
Daisydoo - I think that sounds good. I think flowerfairy might be right - it might mean 2cm. My MW said the same about sexy time... although me and DH have tried that for the past 5 days and so far have had no luck! But it sounds like your cervix is more ready than mine so fingers crossed it'll work for you.

thanks chuggabump and lots of :dust: that your cervix starts getting a move on too xxxx

Off topic, but I hate my username!!:haha: I don't know why i chose something so flowery!!

My real name is Nic and on other forums I am on I always use that, but they are much smaller and I am the only Nic :haha:

Back on topic!

Having some back pains.... Bet they bloody stop though! :growlmad:

Off topic, but I hate my username!!:haha: I don't know why i chose something so flowery!!

My real name is Nic and on other forums I am on I always use that, but they are much smaller and I am the only Nic :haha:

Back on topic!

I'll call you Nic from now on then! But I do think flowerfairy is lovely :winkwink:

I hope your back pains continue and get worse! In the nicest possible way :hugs:

Back on topic!

I'll call you Nic from now on then! But I do think flowerfairy is lovely :winkwink:

I hope your back pains continue and get worse! In the nicest possible way :hugs:
ha ha thanks!! I hope so too! :hugs:

OMG the 'anything happening?' texts are driving me crazy - especially the inlaws.

Do they seriously think that if the baby had been born we wouldn't have told them.

They text me earlier 'anything happening?' and I ignored it as I'm fed up of them suddenly only showing an interest in me cos I'm carrying their grandchild, so they text DH to check with him.

If we haven't told them any news it's because a) there's no news to tell or b) it's not convenient for us to have told them.

They want us to tell them the minute I go into labour (even if its the middle of the night - they want us to wake them up!!) We weren't going to, but now it looks like I'll be induced we might not have a choice - we might have to tell them when I go to hospital and I'm so peed. I don't want them knowing cos I don't want them harrassing me, cos I think that'll add to the pressure for me.

Grr. sorry for the rant!

Chugga :hugs: I know what you mean about the texts! I get sick of the good old " Any signs yet"... Signs of what????

:haha:

I don't honestly think people think, like you'll reply and say " oh yeah, she was born 2 weeks ago, didnt think you'd be fussed" :haha::haha:

:haha: I know - I'm so tempted to say that sometimes!!

My MIL keeps asking me 'have you lost your plug yet?' (I want to say not EVERYONE loses their plug you know!) and even 'have you tried sex - that's meant to work?'

It's like she thinks it's my fault the baby's still in there!!

:haha: I know - I'm so tempted to say that sometimes!!

My MIL keeps asking me 'have you lost your plug yet?' (I want to say not EVERYONE loses their plug you know!) and even 'have you tried sex - that's meant to work?'

It's like she thinks it's my fault the baby's still in there!!

I know that feeling!! :haha:

I have lost loads of Plug!! Obviously I must be ringing the MIL now :haha: Things are progressing I hope!1x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->