Why are people so ignorant about registries???

I registered for my baby shower because people expected me too. Then I was disappointed when I didn't get things off my registry that people expected me to have. I am so ungrateful!

Yeah, I can kind of see how that would piss you off. Although the other side to it is that you didn't want the registry in the first place so getting gifts not on it is what you wanted anyway.

OK for all of you UK ladies who think it's rude or tacky to have a registry, obviously WE do things different here in the US. It is not tacky nor rude to expect people who are invited to your baby shower to get you the things you NEED. I don't need a bunch of yard sale crap or 50 million baby blankets and 5000 pairs of newborn onesies. Number one, they're wasting their money. I have a very broad range of prices on items that EVERYONE can afford. And if not, you can ALWAYS buy diapers or just get a freaking gift card so that I can buy what I need for MY baby!! People are so selfish to think they should be able to just buy what THEY want. Why??? It's not your baby, so why can't you buy what mommy and daddy have already decided on what WE want and need??? For all of you who say it's being ungrateful and rude, you obviously don't have the same traditions as we do here.

This is hilarious.

If you can't afford a baby's essentials, don't have a baby. Baby shower gifts are optional - and should be fun for the giver to give.

I didn't want a shower specifically because people might think that I'm like this poster. We ended up having one because it is indeed tradition, and asked all the guests to bring a book (new or used). Frankly a baby's needs are very few.

OK for all of you UK ladies who think it's rude or tacky to have a registry, obviously WE do things different here in the US. It is not tacky nor rude to expect people who are invited to your baby shower to get you the things you NEED. I don't need a bunch of yard sale crap or 50 million baby blankets and 5000 pairs of newborn onesies. Number one, they're wasting their money. I have a very broad range of prices on items that EVERYONE can afford. And if not, you can ALWAYS buy diapers or just get a freaking gift card so that I can buy what I need for MY baby!! People are so selfish to think they should be able to just buy what THEY want. Why??? It's not your baby, so why can't you buy what mommy and daddy have already decided on what WE want and need??? For all of you who say it's being ungrateful and rude, you obviously don't have the same traditions as we do here.
People who buy you gifts are selfish? Wow. That's quite an attitude to have. I would point out no one has said showers are tacky nor that registries are rude. Just that being ungrateful for any gift received isn't really a nice thing to do. Thankfully the thread is littered with US ladies who have pointed out your attitude is not typical and most enjoy the shower regardless of whether they got gifts off register or not.

Maybe someone should buy the OP some gratitude. Unless it's not on her registry, of course.

Maybe someone should buy the OP some gratitude. Unless it's not on her registry, of course.

:rofl:

Or maybe not get her a single thing, just maybe then gratitude may make the list for next baby.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->