Why did you decide to use cloth nappies?

Hey girls can I just ask you a question about pocket nappies please?

I like the look of these all in one type nappies but am a bit cnofused!

Would you wash the nappy and the insert every change or do you get a few uses out of the nappy and just change the insert - so if you are out and about for example would you just bring replacement inserts or nappies too?

Thanks xx

Hey girls can I just ask you a question about pocket nappies please?

I like the look of these all in one type nappies but am a bit cnofused!

Would you wash the nappy and the insert every change or do you get a few uses out of the nappy and just change the insert - so if you are out and about for example would you just bring replacement inserts or nappies too?

Thanks xx

Pockets and all in ones are a bit different.

Pockets are stuffed with an insert and you change the whole thing at every nappy change just like a disposable. I assemble mine after washing and put them on the shelf ready-to-go. When going out I just grab however many I think I may need.

All in ones are not stuffed, the absorbent bit is sewn into the outer bit and does not come apart.

HTH
x

Oh thanks it does - I have alot to learn!

So with the pockets if you need 2 or 3 while out is it manageable to carry the dirty ones around with you or would you recommend a different sort when away from home?

Does one type need changing less than the other in your opinion?

Mxx

Oh thanks it does - I have alot to learn!

So with the pockets if you need 2 or 3 while out is it manageable to carry the dirty ones around with you or would you recommend a different sort when away from home?

Does one type need changing less than the other in your opinion?

Mxx

Yeah, I take a nappy sack and put the dirty ones in that. Some people go for a reusable wet bag to carry the dirty ones in. Pockets and AIO are especially easy when out because they don't require any assembly, unlike two part systems which have a cloth part and separate waterproof cover or wrap.

Fitted nappies need changing more often than pockets as they get wet all over and you don't want wet cloth next to LO's skin too long. With pockets you have a microfleece layer between skin and absorbent insert, which keeps baby dry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->