Wiget's Kitties Bump Buddies!

we are doing ok, callum is a handfull at the mo though cos of teething and being really clingy and im up 1-2 hours every night fighting to get him back to sleep cos he want s to come in my bed and im puttig my foot down.

got midwife tom which will be nice to hear josh again, he has been fairly quiet these past two days but think i ve just felt a little wrggle from him, guess its the joys of having an anterior placenta muffling a lot of movement.

other than that arggggghhhhhh, my mum is doing my head in, she transfered some money into my account that i was owed but it hasnt turned up, now she has looked at it again she has sent it to my old account that i havent had for 5 years. so god knows where the money is now. really needed it too. :dohh:

aww dear not so good about the money and the fact you aint used it for 5 years if the bank account is still open wont u be able to get it by going to the bank?:dohh:

if its not open surely the money wouldnt have beenm allowed to be transfered?

aww bless about callum hopefully he will settle down for you bet your knackered waking up all the time:hugs:

aww i love the name youve chosen me and oh were thinking about that too but i like Matthew Benjiman & for a girl Abigail-Rose,

aww it must be so nice to hear babies heartbeat do you think i will be able to hear mine tomorrow at scan or is it still too early too hear it?

they would be able to hear it i should think, just depends if the sonographer will turn it on.

so glad everything is ok helen, i'm sure you will see your little bubba wriggling away tomorrow!

bailey - i have lots of baby dreams...its always a boy in my dream and looks identical to frankie as a baby. i wake up all happy!

beth - i hope calum settles down soon, your doing the best thing though because they think they can always come in the bed with you if you do it once. some of my friends have that problem and now their dd comes in every night! shes 2 and they have a baby due in sept.

i'm just watching gypsy weddings...love this programme! also anyone watch one born last night? another great episode and lots of blubbing from me as usual haha i just cant help it!

claire x

scan is today at 2:45 i'll be on after ive had it to let you all know how it went

ive been sick all mornning but i think thats nerves more then anything.

thank you all for being here xx

on the upside im 10 weeks tomorrow :yipee:

thankyou me too :)

im so nervous and scared but im sure everything will be alright :)

BABY is fine!!! :happydance: & i seen babys heartbeat

all measuring good but i never got good pics really but i'll upload one i did get :hugs:

thankyou!! :)

it looked a lil wierd but they said everything is alright and i'll see baby better at my next scan :happydance:

Attachments

• Photo0142.jpg
    Photo0142.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 9
That's fantastic news Helen, you must be so relieved. Your pic is lovely, can clearly see a cosy bubba there. :hugs:

Laura.xxx

yes very relieved im so happy baby is there nice and cosy :) thankyou

I watched One Born last night, have to say i was a little freaked, they both seemed to lose the plot, a bit, just before the pushing stage. I love the programme, but sometimes wonder why i watch it, given that this will be my first birth and I'm already nervous about the labour and what to expect. Don't want to be a wuss, but my family and friend's are full of birth horror stories at the minute.

Any words of encouragement? or tips? I like the idea of a birthing pool and i've read that remaining upright, like squating or on your knees is better than lying down for the duration.

L.x

Helen I am so relieved to hear everything is good with your bean!! It's great that you got to see him or her again.

Beth I really hope your luck turns around soon!! Seems like you are keeping yourself strong with Callum though, I'm sure it's not easy to do.

I have a doctor's appointment on Friday, but I feel like I kind of blanked when they told me everything it was for aside from addressing my BP. I've officially begun to bloat! Of course always still questioning whether or not things are going alright inside me (especially because my MS has lightened and I have more energy)- though I've been able to keep a PMA about it for the most part.

Glasgow you have some really great options over there - I've heard a lot of good things about the birth pool. Here with a standard hospital birth there is very little variation in method it seems.

so glad all is ok helen, knew it would be, naughty baby for giving you a scare.

dont worry about the labour too much laura, they only show the dramatic ones on there as it makes good tv.
i didnt have the best of births with callum, my waters broke so i ended up being induced with the hormone drip being constantly monitored, the epidural didnt work and they had to do and emergency forceps delivery cos his heart rate dropped so low. sounds horrible, but i loved it. it was such an achievment and i handled it fine, no swearing, screaming etc, i did have a moment where i felt a little panicked and out of control and i swear it was transition but the midwife said it was too soon and i needed a top up of epidural, they checked me a bit later and i was fully dilated so i still swear it was transition.

you will be fine and if you do end up screaming and swearing who cares, what ever gets you through the labour.

i saw midwife today and josh is doing fine, heartbeat was 149 and lovely and strong found it straight away. even heard him having a wriggle. back again in 5 weeks.

Thanks Beth, feel bit more confident now. Never thought about it like that - you're right they probably only show the ones that make good tv.

Glad everything went well with your MW. I went yesterday too - all well and they gave me a MAT-B1 form for work, so i'll be putting my dates in during supervision next week.:happydance:

:happydance: yay helen so pleased your little baby is all ok, lovely pic :happydance:

Bailey – I hope your doc appt goes ok tomorrow and try not to worry about lack of symptoms. Everyone is different, its these strange hormones I guess!

Laura – I completely agree with Beth…they only show the most entertaining labours on one born because it makes good tv. I love watching it!!

This is my labour story…

1.30am – Waters break, call maternity and midwife advised me to go back to bed to try and get some more sleep.

2.00am – me and DH drove over to my mums (15mins) as she offered to take us to hospital and we were both very exciting and nervous so we just put on a film as we were both wide awake.

3.00am – started noticing mild contractions, which felt like mild period pain. So went and had a bath, then had a banana for energy lol that was my mums idea!

5.00am – contractions gradually getting stronger and more often. Quite painful but coping ok…just didn’t want anyone to touch me or talk to me, kind of went off in my own little world! DH called maternity ward again who asked to speak to me in between contractions, which were every couple of minutes at this point. They asked me to come down to hospital.

5.30am – got to maternity ward, had internal examination and I was 8cm dilated wohoo!! I remember being so pleased with myself for getting that far without pain relief haha but I was straight on the gas and air when they offered it to me.

7.30am - fully dilated, started pushing! Midwives moved me around the room in all different positions, crouching, standing leaning against the bed, kneeling on the bed, lying on my back. They were monitoring baby and she was fine so they let me carry on pushing for quite a while.

11.00am – still no baby and I was getting tired they decided to send me off in an ambulance to a different hospital (they got me there in 8 minutes!!) as they thought they might have to assist with either a drip to make my contractions stronger or forceps to help me etc and the hospital I was in was quite basic (not going to that one this time just incase).

11.30am – lovely midwife looked after me, she asked what position I wanted to be in…I said on my back. They got me a mirror…sounds awful but it really did encourage me when I could see baby’s head appearing. I heard her mention a drip (which I really didn’t want) so I started pushing with all my might…I really focused and found an inner strength from somewhere? :shrug:

12.30pm – Frankie finally arrived!! 7lb 13oz! and I did it all on my own in the end…yippee! I was so proud of myself. Such an amazing experience! Honestly ladies try not to worry, it is painful but it cant be that bad if me and beth are doing it again!

Claire that was a very nice, uneventful (in a good way!) story :) Hopefully your 2nd is just as easy!

Nausea seems to have returned a bit today, which is nicely reassuring. Hope they try to find the HB tomorrow at least.

Ahh Helen you have a prune now :happydance:

hehe yes its nice that there is only 2 weeks between us! :) you have a nice lil raspberry! :yipee:

i wouldnt worry to much about symptoms goin thats what worried me but doctors said its completly normal to worry about it but sometimes MS subsides it either might go or come back in a day or too!

i really worried when nausea had gone as that was the only symptom i had so i didnt feel pregnant but just yesterday my boobs have just started hurting and nausea has gone lol! :)

oh what a lovely story clare :) hopefully you have a nice labour this time too

my midwife was aksing if ive started worrying about labour yet i said no and she was shocked haha! i was like im only 10 weeks ask me again at 30! the thought of labours never bothered me ive been in with 2 of my friends and 1 was really OMG scary but still the thought of it doesnt bother me it quite excites me actually the fact im able to do all that and at the end have my lil bundle of joy!! :)

Thanks Claire - Your birth story was really helpful. Not as worried now. :thumbup:

Bailey - I'm sure everything will be fine tomorrow. I was sixteen weeks before my MF used the doppler, but it may be different for you guys over there. Wouldn't do any harm to ask if they'll do it! Helen is right about the sympton thing - i lost all my symptoms around about your stage for a day or so at a time, then they would return for a while then subside again. Just the body responding to the constantly varying hormone levels, i think. 2nd trimester is much nicer!

:hugs:

Laura.xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"