Wiget's Kitties Bump Buddies!

Very practical first purchase Beth! I'm sure you have a better idea of what you don't/do need and what you like with it being #2.

Has your sister moved out yet?

she moves out on fri but think it will take a week or 2 for her to take all her things, then we can get the wordrobe sorted and i can assess what i need, i saved all callums cloths so wont need much. just a few bits so he isnt in all cast offs.

getting the new bouncer once i have room for it and need some new bottles as callums are a bit battered now. but think thats all i need cos i have the pram and still have the jumperoo (a must have girls).

will start stocking up on smaller nappies closer to the time.

so today we finally went for a play with pushchairs! after spending lots of time in babies r us and mothercare we finally decided on the mothercare my3 in red. it was our favourite and came a bundle deal at the moment with maxi cosi car seat and in car base all for £520....thank you in laws :happydance:

yay laura how exciting your maternity jeans stay up on their own now...bump is growing!! and i havent let myself look in debenhams!! i was bad enough in mothercare today...such cute outfits like the white and grey humphreys corners sets!

bailey...not long until april...once you start buying you wont be able to stop :blush:

yay beth for your first purchase! i agree our moses basket stand is a bit rubbish as it was head to toe.

hope everyone had a good weekend :flower:

Claire x

Does anybody have an opinion on what "must have" floor pieces I should look into? We will definitely get a jumperoo but as far as a swing, play mats, bouncers etc?

Claire what an awesome gift from your in-laws! I bet it feels good to have finally made a choice on one. What's next for you?

I'm dreading making an insurance phone call - they didn't cover a urine pregnancy test from my first OB visit when I was 3+4 or so and I just found out. It is $57 and there is no way I want to pay $57 for a urine test, especially when they use IC style tests they get for less than $1. What a markup! :dohh:

thanks bailey...i know extremely lucky!! they are just so generous!

next we are going to get a buggy board for Frankie, as sometimes if we pop out to the shops she likes to go in the buggy at the moment, so she will be able to hop on if she gets tired.

we also need to get a few bits like baby monitors, bouncer chair and some vests/sleepsuits/outfits. but dont want to go too mad as i know friends/relatives will probably buy the baby lovely gifts.

to be honest i guess its your own preference as to which things you buy. we personally liked having a bouncer chair as Frankie was comfy in it looking around and often had a sleep in it in the daytime, we also had a playmat which she also loved when she got a little older trying to focus on the toys above her and trying to grab them. we still have frankie's playmat which is great so we can use it for this little one...its a seaside one with fish and starfish on.

oh my goodness bailey $57 for a urine test...that is crazy! good luck when you make the call!

one born every minute tonight ladies....

x

As of today I've officially gotten "sick"! Went to scoop the dogs' breakfast and barely made it to the bathroom before a lovely tone of red liquid came shooting out. I think I am officially off strawberries for a bit :wacko:

How is everybody else feeling? We need some more bump progression pics!

awe boo for being sick but yay for great symptoms.

im full off cold. wish i could take something for it, fed up off being so bunged up.
i might try and get a pic on fri for my 19 weeks.

oh no bailey! its horrible when being sick puts you off certain foods! :sick: hope thats the last of it and you dont get sick again! nausea is bad enough!

sorry your full of cold bailey...its a nightmare that we cant take anything when we feel poorly :nope:

my friend popped over this morning with her baby girl olivia :baby:...she is 13 weeks old and such a cutie pie! had a lovely cuddle with her, oh i just cant wait to have my baby :happydance:

oh i have a pics that Frankie took of my bump on my v day...

Attachments

• 24wks 3.jpg
    24wks 3.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 4
  • 24wks 4.jpg
    24wks 4.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 4
aww what a lovely bump Clare :)

sorry i aint been on lately i have tonsilitus! & even worse cant have anything for it so i have to suffer :cry:

im 11 weeks today!! & now have a lime :D

i spoke to my midwife today & the day of my scan 14th march im going to Belgium for 2 days as OH wanted to take me away & i love belgium just wanted to make sure i could go and she said that was fine :) just hope tonsilitus goes before then had it for a few days n just seems to be getting worse starting to lose my voice

i'll be 13+4 when i have my scan ill post picture on the day of it for you before i go :D

Bailey seen your lil bean is now a green olive :D happy 9 weeks :yipee:

Beth hope your flu starts to go soon theres nothing worse then been bunged up and cant take anything

hope everyone else is ok :)

i have stretch marks coming from everywhere its getting crazy i have 11 on my stomach all nice n bright red! i feel like a road atlas lol!

i put bio oil on them and some coco stuff what midwife recoomended i guess nothing actually works

2 weeks 4 days till my scan! :D

i think if your gonna get stretchmarks your gonna get them. i used loads of stretchmark cream with callum and still got loads.
im just using the cheap stuff from asda this time.

still full of cold. boo.

collecting my moses stand tom and when my sister has moved out this week gohna go get the baby bouncer.

Oh Claire I'm so jealous of that bump! Happy 25 weeks tomorrow :) Olivia is my stepdaughter's name, it's gotten very popular in the last few years. How are you doing on names for you LO?

Beth sorry about your cold! Keep drinking fluids and rest! Happy 19 weeks to you tomorrow! Almost half way!

I can't believe you are a lime already Helen, that's the one I am looking forward to the most right now. Although I've never had children I've already got plenty of stretch marks, I've had them since I was 16 or so and they just showed up overnight after a month of crappy eating! Luckily they've all pretty much faded but when I have a big bump I'm sure they'll be nice and purple again!

My next appointment is the 4th, mostly it's just for seeing how the BP medication is working. I'm on Labetalol 50mg twice a day. After that I go back in in another two weeks for my 12-week scan. Buckled down and called the insurance Tuesday, they said they'd call back if they couldn't cover it and so far no word which is great.

Glasgow how are you feeling? I keep forgetting your real name, I'm sorry!

Hi Bailey, I'm feeling really well, thank you! Hope you are well and everything goes well with your insurance.

Helen & Beth - hope you both feel better soon. It's awful being poorly and not being able to take anything for it. :hugs:

Claire - great choice on the pushchair! :thumbup: Enjoyed one born this week. Thought the young girl did really well, given she didn't have any pain relief. :thumbup:

Bump update - I finally have one!:happydance: Don't strictly need to wear maternity stuff yet, but one of my pairs of jeans now fit and stay up. No stretchmarks yet, but i'm sure they'll come - Although my mum said she didn't get many at all, so i'm hoping it genetic. :haha: I've been using Gok Wan's body butter, cos i heard that there's no point in buying the mega expensive creams. Got a load of Gok stuff for christmas (at least 3 tubs of body butter left) so should have enough to see me through this pregnancy. :haha:

I'm 24 weeks tomorrow! :happydance: Finish work 9 weeks today! :happydance:

Wow how quickly this thread moves.

Glad all is well for the group and seeing Helen and Bailey almost out of first tri! Yipeeeeeeeeeee :)

Clare have serious bump envy - its just gorgeous and Laura - you have a lovely perfect bump there too :) very nice!!

Beth - exciting now you can start planning since you have more space - hope the cold clears soon.

I'm soooo tired at the moment. Work is killing me :( only went in one day this week to London which is a 2hr each way commute for me - had to leave the house at 7am and didn't get home till 9pm - its just whacked me out for the rest of the week so lucky I have been able to work from home these last 2 days.

Was wondering if anyone's had growing pains - low down under bump? Kinda stretching aching feeling? Not concerned about it but just would be good to know its not just me.

Also had a few muscle spasms when I've caught myself moving suddenly. Really painful like a stitch - had about 3 of these yesterday - whilst commuting (I have a heavy laptop bag with me). I;m assuming this is the round ligament catching? Anyone else experience these?

Am checking on babies daily with my doppler (its been a lifesaver with the gripey pain i've had lately. The babies seem to be getting higher now and moving up from where the pubic bone is. Laura - did you get ur doppler in the end?

I have my gender scan on Sunday at 10am at Babybond and I just know they'll tell us we're having 2 boys lol!! Keep watching this space - I'll keep you updated x x x

Hey Lucy, Yeah i did get my doppler - it's great, really reasuring. I get stitch like pains if i move too quickly as well. I'm really looking forward to hearing your news on Sunday. Hope things calm down at work for you.

Hope you all have a fab weekend! My mum is visiting for my birthday so think we'll be doing lots of baby shopping.

Love & Hugs

Laura.xxx

thanks ladies...i love my bump :happydance: can't wait to see all of yours progressing!

helen - sorry you're poorly, i had tonsilitis a few years ago...horrible :nope: i was in bed for a whole week. yay for your scan, not long at all and thats lovely you are going away to belgium!

beth - sorry your still full of cold...yay for getting the baby bouncer and moses basket stand :happydance:

i completely agree with you on the stretchmarks beth! sorry helen but whatever you use wont stop them :nope: i used bio oil every day when i was pregnant with frankie and i got loads of stretchmarks all over my tummy, hips and thighs. they have all faded now though and i havent got any new ones this time...hope i dont fx'd!

bailey - glad you havent had a call back from the insurance company, hope thats good news! yes i love the name olivia, its very popular at the moment. our fave names are still oliver andrew for a boy and paige for a girl but not sure on middle name. yay for your 12 week scan in 2 weeks :happydance:

laura - we love our pushchair, it arrived yesterday and we had a little play with it. so much fun and so excited now!! how lovely you now have a proper bump, we need another pic! its great counting down to leaving work isnt it, i leave 11 weeks today :happydance:

lucy - no wonder you were exhusted that is a long day! and going to london is always so tiring anyway i think!! i know its your job but try to take it easy and not do that too often, otherwise i think you will be over doing it. i get twinges and ligament pains quite alot so i dont think its anything to worry about. just our bodies adjusting and growing i guess? how exciting your gender scan is on sunday, cant wait to see pics! :happydance:

happy birthday laura! :cake: have lots of fun baby shopping with your mum!

DH is off out with some mates tomorrow evening to watch the rugby, so i am going to my friends house for dinner. she is a budding photographer so is going to take some photos of my bump and frankie. i will upload them to show you when i get them!

Claire x

Can't wait for a gender update Lucy! :happydance: And same for the photos Claire. How's Frankie adjusting knowing she is going to be a big sister?

Sickness is still with me. I also think the BP medication is causing me to have really messed up dreams, every one has involved DH and they've become very stressful. Going to have to talk to the doctor about it.

Hope everybody had a great weekend!

crazy dreams can be caused by the preg hormones too. i ve had some great ones. lol.

I thought about that too, and though I have had them almost every night since the BFP the tone of the dreams has definitely changed. I have broken sleep (wake up with DH at 5am to let the dogs outside etc. and go back to sleep for a couple hours after) and that can't help.

Beth are you feeling much movement yet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->