Wiget's Kitties Bump Buddies!

ha ha my bmi was 30 before i got preg now its 28.
you have def popped hun. great bump.

just had the sad news that a friend of a friends baby has died. (i hadnt met them) she was born with lots of problems and i dont know what has happened now but dont think it was expected. my poor friend is really upset for them

I can't believe that Beth - you look so slim in your bump shot you posted a couple of weeks back, I would of thought you should be in the heathly category... I think this whole BMI stuff is crap!!! Overweight is classed as 25 and above... madness and then you're obese over 30! CRAZY!

Oh thats sad news about your friend of a friends baby :( was it born massively premature?

no she was born on time and they didnt know anything was wrong til she was born. she had all sorts wrong bless her with her heart and brain and lungs and they had given her a short unknown life span.

i know bmi s are mad. i wouldnt say i was that fat, it was 27 when i fell on for callum, im hoping i wont have too much to lose this time round but knowing my luck i ll just pile on the weight in the next half of the preg.

oh thats sooo sad and must come as a massive shock when yotu've been through the whole pregnancy and all seems to be ok :cry:

Well they say with multiple pregnancies I'm likely to gain 4st - ouch!!! How scary is that!

you ll lose it all after though cos you ll be too busy to eat, lol

lovely bump lucy, you have definately popped! :happydance: dont worry about the weight gain...it will drop off you so quickly once the babies have arrived! i put on over 3 stone in my last pregnancy and it only took about 4 months and i was back to my pre-pregnancy weight, without much effort at all! and dont forget your babies, placentas, extra water/blood etc is going to weigh at least a stone surely?

i weighed myself this morning and i have gained 10lb now since i found out i was preg...getting a little worried about gaining too much in next few weeks but trying not to eat too much. started going swimming twice a week aswell, doing 30 lengths...so hoping that will help! :shrug:

beth so sorry about your friend's friend :cry: that must be so awful, i cant even imagine what she is going through. she must have been to special for this world.

laura cant wait to see your finished nursery! i will take a pic of our babies room soon. we cant decorate properly as our house is rented but we have a few bits and bobs in there already!

claire x

the countdown begins!

just worked out, with all the bank holidays coming up in April/May and some holiday I am taking over Easter...i've only got 45 working days left at work yipee!! x

I hope it all weighs a stone - 2 babies, placentas etc lol!! If thats the case I'm not doing too bad haha!!

Oh wow for 100 days till d day! Can't believe its not that far off now and only 45 days left at work - no wonder you're excited.

I've been looking into this too... I won't go past 37 weeks with this pair as they induce then if they haven't arrived already and I also have 25 days leave to take so was thinking of saying to work that my EDD would be 24th July. Less the 5 weeks holiday - that means I'd work to the 17th June - I'd be 32 weeks then. But my GP said with Twins I may not be able to hold out till that long so they can always sign me off sick if I'm not coping well... By 32 weeks I'll be humungous and bearly able to move I would expect... Seeing consultant next Friday so I'll discuss with him then!

Beth - so sorry to hear about your friend's baby - it would be unbearable.

Lucy - Your bump is gorgeous!!!

Claire - I've gained 10 lbs too. Thighs are definately a bit more chunky now, but BMI is 23.8, so according to the boffins i'm healthy. I'm planning on breast-feeding, which allegedly uses a whopping 1000 calories a day. That's for one baby - you'll double up if you breast-feed your boys, Lucy!!! My friend gained 2st 3lb with her baby and was lighter than her pre preg weight within 6 weeks - she swears by breast-feeding and pushng those prams.

Laura.xxx

Thanks Laura :)

You have a fantastic BMI - nothing to worry about at all... Not sure about breast feeding yet. Need to talk to my midwife - have kinda odd nipples and not sure how easy it will be! But that will be the plan if I can :)

I've just weighed and checked out my BMI - its officially - 27.0 ouch...

laura how funny we have gained the same!! i expressed last time as frankie wouldnt latch on so perhaps that helped my weight loss last time? i have heard from lots of people that breast feeding is amazing for weight loss! x

i was curious so i just checked my BMI, it's 23.3....phew! x

So sorry for your friend Beth :( Every mom's worst nightmare.

Lucy you look awesome! I have major bump envy. Definitely bloated in the front right now - probably another 2 or 3 months until I'm showing well. Have been eating better the last couple weeks but I am just dying for banana flavored ice cream, pudding, or yogurt. DH is going to search for some on his way home.

How's the weather over there where you guys are? So nice here I can finally open up the house. Trying to enjoy it before it gets so hot it's unbearable to go outside. The city I live in flooded a couple days ago and there is mess everywhere. There was waist high water just a few yards away from the house :shock:

aww what a great bump lucy :hugs:

so sorry to hear about your friends friend beth thats so sad :(

i was 12 weeks yesterday eeek ive put a deposit on the pram i like :) & also baught my carseat oops cant help i hate rushing about and like to be organised lol

went to asda yesterday & there was some lovely disney outfits & im guilty as i baught a few :O lol

i have quite a lot actually 2 boxes full of stuff for baby & thats without the bigger stuff lol thats just bits n pecies like bottles wipes, changing mat,booties socks vests,sleepsuits,scratch mits, towel n a few other blankets n sheets for the crib lol a few other bits n bobs lol

deposit on my pram which im gonna pay weekly off, my car seat the swinging crib, changing bag then realised ive actually now got one with the pram lol,steriliser, i baught a little play gym yesterday from asda which is for 0months and it was reduced to 6 pound from 15 so i couldnt resist lol. just wanna know what im having now so i can buy lots of nice clothes in better colours sick of seeing whites cream and lemons dont think i could have a suprise lol

im bad for buying i shouldnt look really because if i see something i like its like i cant leave the shop without it haha!

i shouldnt really but i feel i waited so long for this n now its nice to actually look & be able to buy rather then just look!

my OH is just as guilty lol whenever we go to town & go in mothercare he always pics a few bits up!

how are you all feeling?

just 10 days till my scan!! :)

thats the pram ive chosen and thats the car seat :)

Attachments

• 12102_black.jpg
    12102_black.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 1
  • silver-cross-ventura-car-seat-in-charcoal-12130591.jpg
    silver-cross-ventura-car-seat-in-charcoal-12130591.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 2
bailey - i'm the same as you with banana flavoured stuff but my biggest craving is banana milkshake! i just went and bought some actually haha!:haha:

lucky you have nice weather bailey! its really cold here still (well it is down south uk where i am!). there was frost on my car this morning again, just wish it would warm up a bit :nope:

omg thats scary there was a flood so close to your house!! glad it didnt do any damage to your things!

wow helen you are so prepared! you have more than i do!! but i dont blame you hun, you've waited so long for this...buy what you want :happydance: how funny i went to Asda yesterday aswell, i love all the disney baby bits they have. i resisted though and didnt buy anything, but i might next time :blush:

really like the pram and car seat you have chosen, bet you cant wait for it to arrive so you can have a play with it :thumbup:

yay only 10 days until your scan!! :happydance:

I am feeling ok thanks. heartburn seems to have died down the last couple of days. baking a cake and some chocolate brownies tonight for my friends little girls 1st birthday party tomorrow! i hope i can resist temptation and not eat any haha!! baby keeps waking me up at night though, kicking me so hard!

time seems to be standing still for me but other than that i'm fine! got a few busy weekends coming up then before we know it, it will be easter! then i leave work a couple of weeks later...not that i'm wishing time away or anything but i really want to meet my baby now!!!

found out yesterday that a girl i used to work with who is 29 wks preg had gone into premature labour and there was no room in the special care baby units in any of the hospitals down here in the south so she was taken to oxford!! apparently they have given her some sort of drugs which seem to have stopped her labour progressing but they are keeping her in to monitor her! scary stuff!! you never think things like that will happen to people you know!

claire x

congrats on your half way beth!! :happydance:

girls - here are some of the photos my friend took last saturday...

Attachments

• bump.jpg
    bump.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 3
  • me25wks.jpg
    me25wks.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 8
  • frankiebump2.jpg
    frankiebump2.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 5
  • frankiebump1.jpg
    frankiebump1.jpg