Wiget's Kitties Bump Buddies!

omg! how exciting!! i've just realised i'm in the third trimester now!

oooo happy 21 weeks beth!! :yipee:

& happy 27 weeks claire!! :yipee:

i have a damn coldsore ive put blistex on it i rang the labour ward and asked a midwife she said it was ok but do you know when you just dont feel it is ok lol

Happy 3rd Tri Claire and happy 21 weeks Beth!

Coldsores have been one of the main symptoms I've had in my entire pregnancy and I have been using zovirax (didn't even contemplate the risk) so goodness knows what harm I have done!

My current symptom to beat all others is heartburn, my throat is constant agony, I had pains so bad this afternoon that I thought I was having a heart attack. Gaviscon is not touching it any more either so I think the next 20 weeks are going to be a LONG 20 weeks - I just read it gets worse from week 20 on - aaarrggghhhh
(On that subject if anyone can suggest any sort of magic cure let me know!)

Went to NCT nearly new sale today and managed to get the exact Fisher Price play mat I wanted for £15 (on ebay it is over £30 2nd hand) so I was really happy. Also got some cloth nappies - I very much want to try reusables but didn't want the £300 outlay incase I don't get on with it. I bought a bag of babygro's and PJ's too which are in mint condition so all in all I have had a very successful day!

How's everyone else's weekend going?

heart burn is crap hun, i had it really bad with callum (esp through labour, i remember that more than the pain of the contractions.)

and its getting bad again now. i find milk helps as a short turn measure.
try keeping a mental note of what your eating when its really bad cos certain foods make it worse (lucozade kills me and i love the stuff)

im gonna try ringing my docs on mon and see if i can get a prescription for something to help so will let you know how i get on.

Happy 27 weeks Claire! Looking forward to joining you in the 3rd tri next week. :happydance: Hope frankie is feeling better. GL for you test results on tuesday.

Sarah - great to hear from you! Well done on bagging some bargains! Sorry to hear that heartburn has been giving you trouble.

Helen - I think you're okay to use cold-sore creams, my cousins wife was bothered with coldsores during pregnancy and used zovirax without any problems.

Looking forward to seeing your scan pics over the next couple of weeks ladies.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Love

Laura.xxx

heart burn is crap hun, i had it really bad with callum (esp through labour, i remember that more than the pain of the contractions.)

and its getting bad again now. i find milk helps as a short turn measure.
try keeping a mental note of what your eating when its really bad cos certain foods make it worse (lucozade kills me and i love the stuff)

im gonna try ringing my docs on mon and see if i can get a prescription for something to help so will let you know how i get on.

I am thinking of calling the docs too. It is pretty unbearable today so if still bad Monday will call.
Hadn't thought of milk so cheers for the tip x

sorry about the coldsores ladies, i have never had one luckily. hope they clear up soon.

I am a sufferer of heartburn but only when i'm pregnant though! its not too bad...yet! i get it every few days and a glass of milk and a bit of gaviscon seems to settle it. hope it doesnt get any worse :nope: i had it really bad with Frankie, same as Beth...it was awful during labour...weird :shrug:

nearly new sale sounds great sarahjane, glad you got some bargains!

thanks laura, frankie is much better now...back to her normal cheeky self! she enjoyed the birthday party earlier. we went to nandos for dinner earlier...yum!

not long until more scan pics :happydance:

oh my friend who had the cyst, is doing well. she had her 12 week scan yesterday and she was actually 13 weeks yesterday :happydance: she is very excited! i'm really happy for her that everything is fine!

hope everyone is having a good weekend x

Oh Sarah your bump is adorable!! I am so happy things are going well for you so far. Saw you had a pram coming soon, which one did you pick? Glad the shopping has gone well and I 2nd milk. I don't like it all that well but I can stomach it plain for heartburn relief.

Congrats Claire on 3rd tri!!! Laura, too! And Beth you are next, right? I am so ready to be out of first tri and hopefully feel better. Yesterday I woke up and vomited just bile before I even had a chance to eat or move around, and severe constipation to top it all off!

It's really evil that Easter is at the end of April - all that delicious candy is available for almost two months! I've already had like 6 Cadbury Creme Eggs so far :blush:

I ordered the m and p sola. Can't wait for it to come now to have a play. I am going to try to do some more sorting on baby's room in a while to see if we can get it cleared for painting.

Having heartburn still, thinking it is being caused by the big tin of chocolates which we discovered left over from Christmas(gutted if I have to give it up for the next 20 weeks)! Milk helps though so cheers for the tip girls x

Prune juice helped me for constipation Bailey, a small glass with each meal really makes a difference.

Pleased about your friend claire, thank goodness it is good news.

On a sad note, isn't it awful to see what is happening in Japan at the moment. I went to Sendai 15 years ago and I have friends in a very small town called Murata which is only a short distance north of there. We have no way of knowing if they have been hit by the tsunami but I am pretty certain that the infrastructure there will not have coped with the quake as well as places like Tokyo. It is extremely sad to see the people suffering over there. My mum has written to them straight away but who knows whether we will get a reply. :cry:

I've taken some Colace which seems to have helped but it's pricey so prune juice may on my list next. Mint gum is helping with nausea but it also makes me unable to eat much of anything in the mornings because of the flavor mix.

It's so awful what's happened in Japan! I have a cousin in Sapporo and a friend in Osaka who luckily were not in harm's way. I hope your friends are safe, Sarah. It just makes my heart sink to think about all the damage and lives lost :nope:

well i feel like dot cotton girls, this weekend i ve done loads of washing drying and ironing.

brought all of callums cloths over from my house but they all stink of paint so i have had to wash them all, then i ve gone through all of callums baby cloths that i stored and im now washing them so i can put them away for josh. i def dont need any vests or baby grows for him.

didnt realise callum had so many t shirts as well, think im gonna need a load more coat hangers.

here is a pic of there draws that i ve jazzed up.

Attachments

• IMAG0050.jpg
    IMAG0050.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 3
Aww, that's so cute! The two names sound really good together. I had to look up who Dot Cotton was :blush: I need some of that cleaning motivation over here!

ha ha you mean you dont watch eastenders out there, my us relative love it. mind you they were british born so maybe thats why.

I think they only showed it on BBC America for a while but that stopped in 2003. I'm sure if you pay for the right channel they'd have it, though! Where do your relatives in the US live?

sarahjane i know it is so awful what has happened in japan, i really hope your friends are ok.

beth the drawers look great! you are very organised! i have sorted through frankies old sleepsuits and vests (which arent pink!), just need to wash them now so they are fresh and clean.

anyone got any more cravings? my latest is raspberry jelly! i love it!! and banana milkshake is still a regular!! x

Hey Ladies.

Can't believe there's so much sickness going on... hopefully it will pass soon.

I know I'm feeling the odd bout of heartburn now too and have an uncomfortable rib on the left hand side. Its also getting uncomfortable to sleep now so I bought a dream genie pillow in Mothercare yesterday - which has helped a little.

Lots of scans coming up so very exciting :) I have my 20 week scan of the boys a week on Wednesday. Sarah loving the bump too!

Beth those drawers are so cute :)

Had a midwife appointment on Thursday just gone. She said my womb is measuring around 20 weeks so a little earlier than where I should be but they said its normal as I'm carrying two.

Funny - also bumped into our neighbours in the garden centre today and they said wow - are you pregnant - so its official - I actually do look pregnant :)

Off to see the consultant this friday for my High Risk Ante Natal care appointment - not quite sure what is going to happen.

Hope you've all had lovely weekends x

So glad all is going well with you, Lucy! I can't wait to see more twin photos. I'm sure you appointment will go fine - you seem to be a very healthy person and you've got two lovely healthy boys :)

I really hope this is the last time I will have to bitch about how sick I've been. It's awful, I puke all the time, I'm off so many foods, I feel horrible for 3/4ths of the day. Ready to end this first tri crap! :brat:

Oh you've not long to go hun... just a few weeks - think my morning sickness disapeered around 14 weeks!

I bet you're doing well on the weight loss front with all that sickness and being off food!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->