Wiget's Kitties Bump Buddies!

are you back at docs tom for a review.

we are a healthy pair arent we. :dohh:

:blush: thanks ladies, i got soooo big last time...i am really proud of myself for keeping the weight down this time :happydance:

beth really glad you got some antibiotics to clear up your ear infection, just one thing after another for you isnt it :hugs: and poor callum with conjunctivitis...frankie has had it many time. i just hate putting the drops in her eyes, she hates it :nope: hope your both better soon.

bailey its exciting and scary telling everyone isnt it! how lovely its the first grandchild on your side of the family, your baby will be adored :baby: and spoit :winkwink:

helen really hope your water infection suddenly clears up tomorrow...fx'd it just suddenly goes on your last day of antibiotics!

went to that baby show today, it was a bit rubbish to be honest. oh well :shrug:

Bailey - Your scan picture is lovely - so adorable that he/she is sucking their thumb! :thumbup:

Beth - Sorry to hear that you and Callum aren't well, hope you both feel better soon. Your bump is lovely.

Helen - How are you feeling today?

SarahJane - Looking forward to seeing your nursary pics. Have you decided whether you're going to find out if your on team pink or blue yet?

Claire - You're bump pics are gorgeous. I'm afraid I'm not brave enough for an undies shot but here's a bonus one with my other baby, Ozzy.

Laura.x

Attachments

• 27wks2.jpg
    27wks2.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 5
  • 27wks3.jpg
    27wks3.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 5
Lovely pics Laura and agree that I could take Ozzy home and snuggle him - what a gorgeous little boy. So many of you girls are so lucky in here with bump weight - I am starting to feel a bit like an elephant all over!

Decision is made - we are going to ask the sex on Tuesday. The thing which made us realise was a shopping trip we did to IKEA and Mamas and Papas yesterday where we realised it will be just so much more practical to know the sex. We aren't decided on whether family or friends will know yet though!

Nursery paint is bought (pretty boring off white colours) but Focus have all of the kid friendly wipe clean stuff on 2 for one which was good.

We are then going to accessorise with colour. I have a giant alphabet poster coming to put in a poster frame on the wall. I have Mr Men peel off stickers, we have an alligator mirror and we have an animal height chart. The theme is bright so we are doing red blue green and yellow (primary) on all accessories.

The design is there... now just need to start painting etc - where is DH when you need him?!

Talking of DH - we managed to spend Friday night in hospital recussitation ward after he ate something and had a nasty reaction. Luckily(in a sense) I have a friend who suffers with nut allergy so I called 999 as soon as he started struggling with his throat as could have been a lot more serious. Fortunately, the ambulance crew injected him with adrenalin half way to the hospital on the side of the road and this fixed him! - Poor Mr Bump- I had to stand for hours so I was in agony at the end of it!

Hope everyone is enjoying their Sundays and poorly people feeling better x

yay for finding out the sex sarah. nursery will be fab.

scary about hubby, any idea what it was that caused it

yes back at hospital tomorrow but i know they'll take me back in which i dont want them too :cry:

aww what a lovely bump you have laura :hugs:

hope your ok sarah and yayyyy for finding out the sex excited for your update :)

hope your DH is all ok

are any of you breastfeeding ? i think im gonna try :)

im gonna start off bf and see how it goes, i did callum for a week then expressed for another 3 then switched to formula.

i would be exclusively expressing this time though as i found it really tiring and stressfull so will see how he goes on the boob (def doing a week) and then switch to formula.

i would like to breast feed more with this one, and its all selfish reason, i dont care about the breast is best sod that happy mummy is best in my mind but im hoping it might help me lose some weight.

but them i dont know what to do about mybest friends wedding at end of aug cos if im bf will need to express and im worried about leaking, my boobs leaked all the time last time and hated the wet feeling all the time.

I've seen plastic suction-cup style breast pads that are supposed to keep you rather dry Beth... maybe those would be an option?

I am going to try my best to breastfeed. My perfect scenario is that I breastfeed for around 6 weeks and then feed and express so DH can feed, too. However I can't really rely on that so we will see how it goes when it happens.

Hope your hubby is better Sarah, poor guy! I hope they were able to figure out what it was that did that to him.

Laura you have a gorgeous bump! Very cute pup, too. We gave all 120lbs of combined dog baths two days ago and I needed the other half of the day to recover!
Yesterday and today have been wonderful as far as sickness goes. Really hope this is the end of the MS and it doesn't show up again.

Good luck at the hospital tomorrow Helen :)

SarahJane - Yay can't wait to hear whether you're in the pink or blue team. :thumbup: I'm loving your nursary ideas. We've only done one coat this wkend, as hubby has a hangover, after boy's polker night - he's feeling very sorry for himself today.:sick: Ozzy is very snuggly - he loves cuddles and he definately knows how cute he is, cos he plays it all the time and it gets him away with murder. :haha:

Helen - Good luck for tomorrow - hope they don't have to re-admit you! :hugs:
I'm planning to breastfeed - I know it can be difficult, but i'm going to give it a shot. I'm with you Beth - the best benefit by far is the weightloss potential. :happydance: But I am wanting to try and keep it up until baby has had their initial immunisations. There's a class on every month at the hospital so I'm going to go to that when i finish on mat leave.

Speaking of classes, we had our second anti-natal class today. Let's just say the hubby's not such a class swot with a hangover :haha: It's was quite good, as they covered the what to bring for the hospital stay and what to expect in terms of the baby's health etc and changes to our bodies after the birth. Some of it was a bit gorey and you could see a couple of the men's faces grimacing at some of the details, but all useful stuff to know what to expect.

Hope you've all had a smashing weekend! Looking forward to seeing some more scan pics this week from Sarah and next week from Lucy.

Love to all

Laura.xxx

i think i may try it for a couple of days then express it as i was talking to midwife and to be honest i really didnt like the thought of having to get em out all the time and a baby on em so id rather just express it

haha im with you there beth when they told me its meant to help you lose weight faster i was like hell yeah ill give it ago lol

ty all really hope they dont admit me

its mad how quick baby grows init, i put a lil pic together of my scans n was looking at em thinking wow lol..
bring on 4th of may when i see baby again

heres what i put together :)

at 6+6 9+5 & 13+4 :thumbup:

Attachments

• new one.jpg
    new one.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 4
just expressing is REALLY hard hun, def make sure you do your reading before hand hun there are lots of do's and donts and doesnt always get a good milk supply.

ahh thankyou for that ofcourse im going to try breastfeed as much as i can 1st though and maybe just express if im going out somewhere so i dont need to do it then.

hospital told me to go back wednesday as i may need a different antibiotic but cant have it yet gotta wait few days for the other one to come outta my system :growlmad:

they cant be too worried if they let you go home, did they send another sample off.

sorry about your hubby sarah :flower: hope he's ok. can't wait to see your scan pics!! :happydance:

helen love the scan pics comparison you have done, its amazing how quickly they change and grow isnt it! glad you havent been re-admited to hospital and i really hope it clears up by itself soon rather than you having to have more antibiotics.

I'm not sure about breastfeeding, I will give it a go again but not going to set my heart on doing it to avoid disappointment. Last time Frankie just wouldnt latch on and I got very upset and frustrated and felt like a failure and I dont want to go through that again. So I expressed for 3 weeks but my milk supply just wasnt enough, midwife said it was because milk ducts werent getting stimulated properly with a pump...so I switched to formula.

Beth same here, a little worried if i do BF as it's one of my best friends weddings 9th July so bubba will be 4 weeks old and I dont want to be leaky!! :blush:

laura glad your antenatal class was good. my hubby was the same on sunday...he went out for 'one' drink saturday night and came home at 2am and was :sick:...lets just say he didnt get any sympathy from me!! :growlmad:

xxx

No, my hubby got no sympathy from me either - I was not impressed when he arrived home at 6.45 a.m.!!! :growlmad::growlmad::growlmad:

He's doing his best to kiss up today :haha: He has the day off, so he's been out and done the food shopping, walked the dog and now he's giving the nursary it's second coat. Do you think i made him feel guilty enough? :haha: Silence is such a wonderful thing - it is the worst form of torture for my OH.

I'm getting regular updates of his progress by txt. :haha:

L.x

haha brilliant Laura! he's definately feeling guilty if he's doing all of that! well my hubby obviously felt really bad aswell and he ended up buying us chinese takeaway last night and chocolate cake yum yum! x

yeah they did the sample there and i had to wait lol.. but it was still the same and its still there, they told me theres no point taking me in as there would be nothing they could do for me because i cant have any more antibiotics as of yet

but im really worried about taking antibiotics i hate taking em anyways n especially while pregnant im constantly worried about baby :(

i wanna try BF but im not definetly saying im gonna stick to it because i dont like the thought lol,

and worried that baby wont get enough

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->